“Much better than during my past stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 Dixon Road, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J5, Canada (Formerly Renaissance)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Haute Aboujagane, Canada
“Much better than during my past stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my third stay at this location and although I did not want to come back after my last very disppointing stay, I have to admit that it would have been a mistake. I had to go to this hotel because of work and we were holding meetings there for a full week. I am an honest reviewer and I have to congratulate them on making amends from last September when I stayed.

Issues with the pool have been fixed and most importantly, the staff was much better than my previous visit. Oddly enough it was the same staff but they seemed either better trained or just all in a happier mood. I stayed there for 8 nights in a row and service was excellent from the first until the very last day. Check in went without a hitch and check out was also very quick. There was an issue with my credit card charges as I switched during my stay and some charges were applied to the wrong one but Joseph, the front office manager was able to fix it. Although it was not immediate, I got a call from him while waiting for my plane at the airport and he sent me an electronic copy of my folio with the correct charges. That's some serious customer service and it lives up to my standard, which are very high I must admit.

We also had most of the conference centre for our company and service was amazing there as well. Food for hot lunches and breakfast is always good at this hotel, you need not to worry about it.

Ran into some issues one morning with hot water availability but I waited 15 minutes and situation was back to normal when I hopped back in the shower. All in all, a very good stay and I am glad to say that I can recommend this hotel to any traveller without any shame.

Good on you Sheraton Toronto for changing things around, I look forward to my next stay with you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive review. We're happy to hear that your latest visit was more typical of our Sheraton experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dan Woodburn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Saskatoon, SK Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed 3 nights Jan. 10-13. Hotel rooms are ok but need some updating. NO HOT water in the morning. Cold showers....unacceptable. Expect more from a Sheraton. Generally the food is ok. Decent internet service and wifi is priced @ 5.99 per day. The restaurant is good with decent food and drinks. Some improvements would make this hotel much more desirable to stay at.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from elevators. Fair number of rooms close to the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the cold water. Unfortunately, one of our water boilers had some issues that limited our hot water capacity for a few days. Although the issue has been resolved, I'm sorry it was not resolved during your stay. Some other guests that were also affected had received compensation at check-out as a gesture of apology. If you could, please contact me as I would appreciate the opportunity to make amends to you as well.

Regards,
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com
PETERBOROUGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed there recently as we had an early flight the next day. We were very impressed by the cleanliness of the room and the lobby. The room was very spacious and felt very welcoming. I definitely recommend this hotel!
The one odd thing we found was that there was no free wi-fi in the rooms for internet. We could pay, or go in the lobby to use the Internet. This was surprising as most hotels offer complimentary wi-fi. So we decided to "rough it" and not use Internet while we were there (and survived!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Appreciate the feedback. Sorry about the Wi-Fi cost though. Although we do offer free Wi-Fi in our restaurant, bar and lobby (including at our 6 free-for-use PC's) we have not transitioned this offer into our guestrooms; yet. Although we have introduced a reduced price option of $5.99 for in-room Wi-Fi and plug in access, I do understand your valuable point.

Please do let me know personally should you plan on returning in the future as I would appreciate the chance to make it up to you,

dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As a business man who travels all the time, it is always so great to come back to this hotel where the services is incredible and they always remeber your name. Special superstars are Joseph the office manager, Anissa at the front deak, George in the restaurant, and you can't forget Orlando in the Club Lounge. All of these folks make this my hotel, top of the list in Toronto.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive review. And thank you very much for mentioning some of our wonderful Associates. We're truly fortunate to have some very dedicated and service-focused members on our team; happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best & safe travels,

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here multiple times in 2012 for business

It is an adequate hotel. Close to the airport. Has a shuttle to and from the airport. Can be an alternative going downtown but will cost you $55-$60 when you ask for a flat rate from a cab (sometimes around $80 when you don't so always ask for a flat rate).

Rooms are okay. Beds are very comfortable. Furniture is a little dated in the rooms. In some rooms I've stayed in you can see the bed frame and couches wearing down. Some rooms have a musty smell when I first get in. Still fairly clean.

Club lounge is okay. Surprisingly, I find the food here to be better at times than the Sheraton Centre Downtown Toronto. Service is a hit and miss.

Gym area is small. Has a couple of treadmills and very few equipment. Pool is adequate.

Overall, when needing to stay somewhere close to Pearson, this is the place. If booking for downtown Toronto, I would try to find some other hotel downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Mitchell C,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments. I have shared and reviewed your feedback with our management team in an effort to ensure we improve on any items possible.

Dan W
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We arrived at hotel into our room which someone had recently smoked it. Considering this is a smoke free hotel- we were a bit disappointed. However, they arranged a new room for us and moved our luggage. The beds are really really comfortable and everything was clean and nice. The pool was great and the breakfast buffet was excellent - complete with olives, proscuto, and the option of the chef making an omelette. Our room service was also excellent. Would definitely stay there again. The price was excellent for what we received.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you are looking for a good clean close hotel to Pearson this is one for you, they accomodate large conventions and are often very booked. They do an outstanding job in the service department and ensure that the convention is exaclty what you asked for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive review. We're happy to hear that our efforts are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dan Woodburn

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!