“Orlando, the Club Suite morning treasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 Dixon Road, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J5, Canada (Formerly Renaissance)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Orlando, the Club Suite morning treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It is the people that make a hotel. Orlando is the host in the Sheraton Airport Club Suite in the morning. His warm greatings and service make getting up easier.

At the front desk Aneesa never fails to recognize us and it makes arriving feel like a home coming.

Room Tip: Facing the Airport is actually quieter than facing the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Whenever I am in Toronto, this hotel is where I stay. Even though it's not the location that is nearest to my office there, I always choose this location becaue the staff is wonderful. They are ALWAYS so friendly and pleasant. I recommend this hotel.

Levis, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I strongly recomemend staying at this hotel because of the amazing and devoted staff working there. At the front desk Aneesa takes care of the customers promptly and professionaly which makes you fell like home. Orlando and Val keeps the lounge clean and inviting to customers. The Olio restaurant staff are also amazing and make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback. We are definitely fortunate to have many caring and loyal employees and I appreciate you reaffirming that fact. I have thanked the associates that you mentioned and we look forward to welcoming you again.

All the best and safe travels,

Dan W
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Another hotel that has not managed to stand up to the test of time. Outdated. Rooms are sub par. My bathtub would not drain and once it did there was a lot of grey sediment in it. This was not just our room since others were staying as well and they complained about the same thing. I had to wash my feet after getting out of the tub.

Arrived closer to midnight and was starving. Asked the front desk if anything was open to eat and they all said room service and the restaurants were closed, and pointed to some cereal on a cart and said I could eat that. I then looked out the door and saw Boston Pizza across the street, open. Nice work everyone, nice work.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issue experienced. Sorry that our front office associate did not recommend an off-site restaurant that would still be open. I can’t understand why they wouldn't be helpful; as a new restaurant (CHOP Steakhouse) just recently opened in one of our parking lots (and it’s open late). Additionally, there are at least 5 other restaurants within 1-2 minute walk from our hotel that remain open till at least 1 a.m.). I have shared this feedback with our team and am making sure all associates (new and longer serving) are re-trained on knowing our neighbourhood. Also, I have shared the drain feedback and our in-house maintenance team is working diligently checking all the rooms and fixing any drain problems. Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback. Please do let me know personally should you be visiting again in the future; as I would love the opportunity to make amends.

Regards,
Dan Woodburn
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

WOW - client service is alive and it has a name: Ken. I checked in on Friday and was fortunate enough to have Ken as my GSA. He is exceptionally well-trained and exceptionally courteous. I really mean "exceptionally" as I have rarely in the past 6 years or so had such a wonderful check in experience. This was standard training in my days, but to have someone tell me unprompted about the Lounge hours, the restaurant, the gym and pool and explain the parking - again, I repeat - all without my having to ask - this hasn't happened in years. I would highly recommend Ken for an award. He made me nostalgic for good hotel staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from runway traffic if you're a light sleeper. It is an airport hotel and there...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I absolutely LOVE staying at the Sheraton Toronto Conference Center. I've been staying there weekly for over a year now and I have never met a friendlier more accomodating staff. The front desk (Aneesa, Ken, Michael, etc) are all amazing and treat me like family. And the lounge staff are amazing. Val and ESPECIALLY Orlando take such good care of me! Orlando truly is amazing to see every morning!!! This is truly my home away from home!

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty similar and clean!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your wonderful feedback.
We are truly blessed to have some very approachable and service-focused Associates and I've shared your comments and thanked them personally.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and please do not hesitate to communicate with me directly should there be anything we can do to make your stays with us more comfortable or productive.

All the very best,

Dan W
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I got a booking from priceline.com (via a bid)! Not sure if they don't like priceline customers - the room I was given was not clean. The worst was when we lifted the comforter and had to two big stains (looked like coffee or may be blood?) Location for the hotel is great.

Also, parking was terrible - it was cold and we got parking at the far far end. You pay $20 (+tax) for parking and park far in the end walk to the corridor side entrance and walk all the way to the elevator... just didn't feel good

We had a exam next day in the area and therefore selected this hotel due to it being close to the exam location. However when we were about to go to bed we saw this stain and totally took is away. Upon calling the front desk at 1.30 am they switched us to a new room (next door), around 2.00 a,m. - it just upset us that we were in that room for the evening studying and sitting on a filthy bed with stains covered under.

That weekend, I was at Niagara Falls (again bid by priceline for a even cheaper price) at the Radisson which is a 3-star and was much better than the 4-star Sheraton Airport and next day again Toronto Marriot Courtyard (Markham) - 3-star did a good job comparatively.

I suggest check your room before you even settle down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback. Rest assured that we view our Priceline guests' as a very important part of our business model and do not practice any sort of service discrimination (as every guest we serve (no matter what the rate circumstance) is a potential repeat customer; and as such it would not make financial sense to alienate). Please accept my sincere apologies for the stained sheets; definitely not something we find acceptable. We have discussed with the Room Attendants and Laundry team and re-emphasized the importance of discarding any stained sheets. In regards to the parking cost, our rate for 24 hrs (if not included in a room package) is only $15 (including taxes) which is compatible with the other hotels in our area. If for some reason you were charged more, please do reach out to me and I'd be happy to reimburse you accordingly and make further amends for your less than perfect stay in general.

Best Regards,

Dan Woodburn
Dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!