“holes in shower ceilings???” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 Dixon Road, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J5, Canada (Formerly Renaissance)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
campbellford
“holes in shower ceilings???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife booked this hotel for me thinking it would be really nice. To my surprise it was extremely overpriced for what you get. The pay to park lot upon arrival has signs stating not to leave valuables in car due to major theft issues. Then into the room and off to the whirlpool that was out of order (apparently this is the norm at this hotel), then back to the room to have a relaxing shower when to my surprise there was a hole in the bathroom ceiling above the tub. I thought I would use the internet only to find out the "free" internet is in the lobby....the wireless in your room starts around ten bucks and goes up from there. There was only decaffinated coffee in the room and no map to ice machines etc in the hotel. The room didnt have a microwave or fridge which is offered at most hotels half the price of this one. Look around the hotel for far better value than this!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear "dan b",

Very sorry to hear of your poor experience. I was not happy to see the hole in the ceiling (looks like room above flooded), although too late for your stay, we did fix it right after you checked out. Also sorry if you were mislead, as yes we do offer free Wi-Fi in the Lobby and Restaurant; however, our in-room Internet starts at $5.99 for normal bandwidth and $12.99 for premium capacity, this comes up as options once you log in. Additionally, sorry if the 2 by 3 foot "don't leave your valuables in your car" sign was a fright. Just trying to be proactive as we'd hate anyone to lose valuables. We do deliver microwaves and mini fridges on request (sorry if this also was not explained properly).

Regards,

Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Minden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Spent one night here while in Toronto for an event. Loved it!! Will be back again. The rooms were beautiful, very clean, beds and pillows were super comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved the little extras in the room like shower gel and packaged loofah. Pool area was beautiful and bright. The Bar area was very nice. The food there was very good and staff, again, very friendly. Won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend a seminar given by a major entertainer. Our check-in was quick and easy, and considering I booked the hotel almost 9 months in advance, I was worried that something in the system might be mixed up! Flawless, though I would say the gentleman who checked us in seemed a bit aloof. I'm not sure if this was his personality, or more due to the fact that his English wasn't great. Regardless, we were quickly checked into the room we had requested.
We got a nice room for a reasonable price. Most importantly, the bed was fabulous. We had a king bed that was comfortable, clean, and had many pillows and great clean, crisp, bedding. The carpet, and rest of the furniture in the room were tired, but clean. Bathroom area was great, and well-lit, with well-stocked and good quality toiletries.
The room, hallways, conference areas and lobby were very clean. Parking is an added charge of $15.00 per day, which apparently is typical of Toronto and the airport area.
We didn't go to the restaurant to eat, but the morning of our departure we purchased a small tea and small coffee to go, which turned out to be $7.00. I found this to be a bit expensive for Starbucks coffee, considering as an avid "Starbucks-goer", I pay the same amount for a venti latte and grande coffee. Just an FYI.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel on a layover back home. Room was pretty good- had everything we needed, however I was devastated when I realized I had left my hat in the hotel lobby! I called the front desk as soon as I got back home. They had put my hat aside and offered to have it shipped back. The initial price to have it shipped back home (Chicago) was going to be $40- way more than what I even paid for my hat to begin with. The office manager, Luke, offered to mail it through a local post office near his home and he did this on his day off! Total price for shipping was $10 so he was able to save me some $$ which I really appreciated. To me, customer service means everything and the staff at this hotel went above and beyond what most staff would do. Luke was great and now I have my hat back in one piece. Thanks Luke!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Was at the Sheraton this past weekend for a business event at the hotel. Check-in was super easy and our room was ready at 11am when we arrived, Was able to go use the pool, hot tub and have a beverage in the hotel restaurant. Beds were comfy and able seating for guests in our regular queen room. Friday night we were able to use the pool/hot tub again and shower before heading up to bed.
After our session on Saturday evening, we went down to use the pool about 9pm and walked into what looked like a scene out of House Party, there were at least 20 people on the pool deck, gaining access not via the keyed entry but the side door that was propped open by a towel. There were at least that many guests also outside of the pool area - coming and going with glass bottles as they pleased. We walked past someone who was carrying a case of beer and a boom box, Pool towels were all gone, I wasn't going into the ladies room with the crowd in there - so we sat on the pool deck and watched others swim. One of our co-workers found a beer cap in the hot tub, which sealed the deal on our pool time and we returned to our room. Front desk was aware, why they didn't stay present in the pool area I'm not sure. We found something red on the floor, alerted the staff that it could be blood - solution was to cover it over with towels until closing when it would be washed? Hopefully we will NOT be returning to this hotel, I didn't feel safe at all after that point, too many people allowed to wander.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for a a conference and everything was great. Beds very comfortable and staff friendly. The gym was well equipped. Overall very peased. A little noisy because of the aircraft departures and landing but the hotel is right beside the airport. Very convenient shuttle to and from the airport.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My job requires me to travel to the Toronto area frequently. I had tried other locations, but for me this is my shinning apple. The location is very convient for my needs, but the staff at this location is the special piece that sets them apart .
The front desk staff cannot be any friendlier. They get me in and out without any issues and help make sure my future travel needs are always adressed. The breakfast staff helps start my day every morning. Greeting me with a smile, talking sports or just catching up on how our days have been going.
Overall they make my stays here feel like a second home, warm and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DanWoodburn, General Manager at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Truly appreciate you taking the time to recognise our great Front Desk Associates.

Please do let me know personally if there's anything you might require for future stays to make your experience more comfortable or productive.

Best regards and safe travels,

Dan Woodburn
dan.woodburn@sheratontorontoairport.com

Been to Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!