“Nicely kept up property with some problems” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nicely kept up property with some problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable and everything worked well. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Very nice beds. The room was tiny, like it was made for one bed and they crammed in 2 queens, but had everything. There was an odor of mold when you turned on the water in the sink, and though our room was non smoking, we distinctly smelled cigarette smoke on and off during our stay, especially at night. Maybe from people smoking in the stairwell? We never figured it out. Not a scenic area of town, but close to restauants, stores, everything you need. Adequate parking on site.

• Stayed March 2013

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked 2 nights, one week in advance on Priceline for $140 USD - all taxes included. This was for a double room on the second floor. Main likes: well-appointed room, comfortable bed, free WiFi and decent hot breakfast included. Main dislikes: cramped room, no elevator to second floor if you have heavy suitcases, somewhat remote location for central Toronto access. Check-in/check-out was trouble-free. Clean. Parking included but rear lot can be a trek to entrance. Limited electrical outlets in room - wiring everywhere as electronic upgrades have been added. Fairly noisy HVAC (heating/fan) unit.

Room Tip: Request ground floor room. Try and park in front lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here on New Years Eve since I was visiting family in Toronto with my mother-in-law. The staff were friendly and welcomed me with a smile. They gave me a description of the hotel, pointed out where the facilities were, and highlighted nearby restaurants. They went well out of their way to help me. When I asked about directions to downtown, they pulled out a map and highlighted the nearest bus stop and subway route. They also recommended several places downtown to eat dinner with family before the New Year's celebration. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. No problems there. I was pleasantly surprised by the hot breakfast. It was warm, there was a decent amount of variety, and best of all, it was free! When I visit my family next year, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The staff were very rude and unaccomidating. I stayed there for 3 nights, after having travelled 2 1/2 days on a train. The staff were disrespectful when I arrived and didn't have the common courtesy to at least even offer to help with my bags (I was on the second floor, and they have no elevator). Before I write anything else, just let it be known that I have never stayed in any kind of motel/hotel. So, the next day, I had invited some family members to stay with me for a night, (They're children, by the way) just to get out of their parents hair for the night. I go to check out the next day, and the lady, who is the manager, was a complete B!$%# to me! She told me that I can't have four people in the room that I got (it was a queen size room). And then, she has the nerve to charge me extra even though I TOLD her that this is the first time that I've been in an inn and I didn't know that they had rules. She went on with an attitude to tell me that she "doesn't believe" me. There was no rule/guidelines posted on the walls, they didn't tell me any of this prior to me checking in, NOTHING. I will NEVER return there again. I will make sure everybody I know understands what kind of horrible operation they have running there. Worst stay EVER!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
gmcomfort294, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. At the Comfort Inn Toronto East we strive to ensure all our guests have a comfortable stay. The limitations to the number of persons adults and children allowed in each room, is proscribed by the Fire safety authorities and the same is posted behind the door of every room. It is also a universal requirement by all hotels that all guests staying in the hotel need to registered. This again is for the safety of the guests. I apologize if my staff did not explain that to you fully when you raised an objection. We have taken note of your comment and have acted on it.

Sincerely
Kayo Mehta
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed here several times and must say from all the comfort inns i have stayed at this hotel has all you need, from the lobby to the staff. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. I will stay no where else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife had a surgery at Toronto East General and we needed a last minute place to stay close to the hospital as we didn't want to drive in Toronto morning rush hour. The Comfort Inn East was a great deal and only 15 min from the hospital. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. My only grip was that the WiFi was slow and would periodically disconnect on me.

The breakfast in the AM was decent and was enough to hold me over. This was a decent hotel that was clean, comfortable and very affordable. It had free parking, WiFi and breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Enola, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was the best comfort Inn we have ever stayed at. Hotel is very close to Toronto. This hotel was economically affordable. Recently upgraded. Free internet. Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly. We were only going to stay one night but after one good night we decided to sign up for two.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn East? Share your experiences!