“Good hotel in great part of town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

You added Chelsea Hotel, Toronto to your Saves list
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Gerrard Street W., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4, Canada (Formerly Delta Chelsea) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Special Price
Save up to 20% OFF!
Ranked #69 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in great part of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Chose this hotel due to position and price. Very large hotel, busy reception area. Hotel rooms a good size, two double beds, balcony. Free wifi. Rooms can be quite noisy from outside as quite close to the lights and sounds of Eaton Square so ask for higher floor away from lifts and should be okay. Minutes walk away from Eaton Shopping Centre. Around 30 mins walk to CN Tower, Aquarium and harbour. Lots of eateries around the hotel. Reasonable restaurant on site for breakfast. Parking charges a bit pricey at 29cad a day, but secure underground parking on offer. Would stay at this hotel again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for high room away from lifts
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Polish first
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here last week, we had a room on the 21st floor which was nice clean and tidy. Staff were good and did all they were asked. Parts of the hotel are under refurbishment, but this did not affect us at all. Stayed here with another couple who also found the hotel good. Concierge was very helpful

County Kerry, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is in a fantastic location. Situated very close to shops & restaurants. The Wi-Fi was quite slow to connect at times. All Staff were extremely friendly & helpful, especially the concierge desk. There is a great gym & pool on the top floor which has great views of Toronto city.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was in Toronto for a conference at the Ministry of Education up the street on Bay. Check in was fast and trouble free. The GSA I think his name was AJ was very helpful especially on the second night when my Daughter became ill. He pointed out where the closest pharmacy was and made sure that the room was restocked with tissues and other necessities.like others I found the WIFI to be spotty but if you actually read the card it makes online life much easier.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

There was nothing great about this hotel except for the location. The hotel is very dated and the room is very small.

I booked an executive suite on the top floor and the room was below expectations. The toilet water wont stop running and it kept me up throughout the night. That was the only room available on the top floors so i figured I just deal with it for one night. I lost a few hours of sleep but it was fine.

The concierge told me there was complimentary breakfast for guests staying in executive suites. She told me it ends at a certain time so I made sure I went there 45 minutes prior. However, when I got upstairs, the lady said the concierge gave me the wrong hours, and they had stopped serving (hours on the weekend is different than weekdays?). I was only planning on getting cup of coffee and a pastry (grab and go) before I explore the city. Im not one of those freebies crazy freeloader, so I let it go.

Towards the end of my trip, I purchased a pair of new shoes. When i checked out on the last day, i accidentally left my pair of new shoes by the bedside. In a hurry, i got on a taxi and realized that 5 minutes later after i checked-out. I called the hotel immediately. They said they will go check and will call me back.

Sure enough, someone called me back 15 minutes later and said there was nothing left behind. How could that be?? I am 100% certain that I left the shoes right by my bedside just 5-10 minutes ago. So I called again and have someone else check, same answer.

I would understand if i call a few days later looking for missing item but i called 5 minutes post check-out. Did my shoes ran away on their own???

Well, good bye fancy new shoes.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Alistair I, Manager at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear AllyLeung,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay at the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto. We are very sorry to learn that the housekeeping staff was not able to recover the item you left in your guest room. Our housekeeping team works hard to provide excellent service including our lost and found program. One of our service agents has contacted you directly in hopes of resolving this issue. We hope that you locate the item.

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Overall I have to say I really enjoyed the stay. Let me quickly dispense with the negatives if you want to call them that. The cold water faucet was not working, the room is small, and there is some noise. This is greatly outweighed by the positive-location, amenities that the hotel offers with excellent hospitality, and the fitness room and pool. Remember this is a huge hotel. If you have a problem with that, do not stay here. But the fitness room is the best one I have seen in a hotel with the exception of the one at the Bally Hotel in Vegas, and the bed was great. I did not mind the room being small as I was a solo traveler. Lastly the hotel has several restaurants servicing different price tags which are excellent. I would stay here again. One other thing the wifi service was excellent for me which I have seen people complain about.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear MIKeremhead,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay at the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto. The team here is delighted to learn about your experience and the enjoyment our staff and services provided. Our fitness center is a favorite feature among many of our regular guests and we are pleased you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We are happy to learn that you will be returning for another visit soon, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Waterloo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Seriously good value for a downtown Toronto hotel, but when you travel the world and are used to a certain level of amenities, this hotel just won't cut it in the Red Tower. The elements in the room (closet doors, chain locks on the entrance, non-insulated windows) are from the 80's. Comfortable beds, functional bathrooms, good free wifi. Wonderful valet services - customer service desk and bell station - need a little work. the little restaurant beside the market in the lobby - amazingly fresh and wonderful food. Best Baba Ganoush I have ever had! So some great little nuggets to be found in this centrally located establishment, but make sure you don't come in with average expectations.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear UwaterlooTraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your experience at the Chelsea Hotel, Toronto. We are sorry to learn that some of the room amenities fell short of your expectations and have shared this with the management team. We are in the process of doing room renovations throughout the hotel, and can assure you that our new room product will impress. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Chelsea Hotel, Toronto

Been to Chelsea Hotel, Toronto? Share your experiences!