“Warm and Kind” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eaton Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Eaton Chelsea to your Saves list
Eaton Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Gerrard Street W., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4, Canada (Formerly Delta Chelsea) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Special Price
Up to 20% OFF!
Ranked #75 of 141 hotels in Toronto
“Warm and Kind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't forget warm service which I was given several years ago and I repeated this time.
Location is great to go anywheres.
Nothing to complain about service. Staff were very warm and kind this time as well.
If I say, I wish that restaurants and bar would be more sophisticated.
If you want good view from your room, this hotel may not satisfies you.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alistair I, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Yutes79,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your experiences at the Chelsea. I am pleased to know that both times you have stayed at the Chelsea you were given warm and friendly service from all staff you encountered. You'll be excited to know that we just started renovations on 3 of our restaurants. We are excited to bring a new fresh look to the hotel lobby and restaurants and look forward to the completion of the project. We hope you will return, and look forward to the chance to welcome you back.

2,846 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed for new yrs a few montsh back, the hotel halls have a strage odour to it, its clear it was recently renovated.

The rooms were avgerage at best, not what I'm used to.

Some of the front desk staff were helpful, but didn't like the long line up for checking in, they should have a more efficient system.

Also just hope none of your belongings go missing, I also lost a personal item (a blu ray disc) in my suite and contacted the hotel within 1 hour to retrive it and it was a nightmare. Tried to go back to retrive it and seems no one there was of any assisitance and I gout bounced around, lied to and told someone would call back, of course they never did. I did get an apology after the 3rd time I followed up.

This hotel is in a good area, might be worth it if you can stay here using points or get a killer hot deal, I wouldn't pay full price when there are much better options in the city.

Needless to say I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alistair I, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear RicoMagnifico,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your new years eve stay. I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel. I was sorry to hear that the condition and quality of our rooms did not meet your expectations. We appreciate this type of feedback as this information is vital to improve service and seek out problem areas in the hotel. I do apologize for the level of customer service provided when calling about the missing item. This is not the service we are aiming to provide and I can understand your frustration. It is sad to learn that you will not be returning to our hotel again. I would like to inform you that we will be under new management as of July 1, 2013 and there are many changes to the hotel happening. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back under the new brand.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very convenient centralized location. Stayed here on recent business trip. Comfortable room, but very small, especially the bathroom. I felt like I could barely turn around in there. Advertised as non-smoking hotel but hallways reek of cigarette smoke. Overpriced buffet breakfast.

No hurry to go back here.

Kingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Delta Chelsea on several occasions, largely due to its location and the often very competitive prices. I have been in modern, full sized rooms, and I have been in small and very dated rooms. I generally find the service to be helpful, and if there is a problem, the staff will try to resolve it. The gym is great, the food services not so much. My most recent stay was very good. Note, the hotel will leave the Delta chain in the summer of 2013.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I lived 25 years ago in Toronto and was recently back for business.
The hotel was pre-booked.
There is some new extension but otherwise i recognized the same furniture, carpet, etc.. It is extremely noisy with many children and even a robot was present at the lobby to entertain them.
The room is very dark and the bathroom deserved renovation. It is challenging to get to your room as the elevators are identified by colour and by the time you get use to locate the good one, it is time to go home.
Otherwise, I do not recommend it to you if you expect to have some rest in your hotel.
However, it is located nest to the Eaton center and the price is low.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I was only going off early memories of the mid 90's. It certainly did not live up to expectations. The room was located in the 10th floor. The hallways were filthy with where I guess they store their scooters. The room was tiny with old wallpaper, and water stains in the ceiling. The bathroom was extremely dated. They gym has the treadmills and elliptical machines in the same area as the pool. This does not lead to great air quality for a cardio workout.

I would have told the front desk staff about my experience had they asked when I checked out.

Not impressed at all.

• Stayed April 2013
Alistair I, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mteed25,

I am truly sorry for the disappointment you must have felt with regards to the condition of your room. I would like to reassure you this does not represent the level of service we are known for. We have programs in place to guarantee the condition of our rooms, I am sorry they have failed in this instance. I have passed your comments to the appropriate departments.

Bridgetown, Barbados
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked Delta Chelsea based on previous excellent experiences; called in advance to ensure quiet room, requested that again on check-in, really looking forward to comfort and pampering. Quiet? I was at a downtown conference requiring early rising, and they put a high school trip on my hall, across, up and down, 4 in a room. For Sat and Sunday nights, called security at 11 p.m. and 3 times after that, spoke to manager, took 45 min. each time to appear. Doors slamming, kids screaming, toilets over"flooding" as they yelled in the hall. Modest success but not quiet till 1 30 a.m. I stayed tired. They offered to move me, but I had conference materials spread out, was already tired and I wasn't bothering anyone. Other adults expressed similar concerns. I don't mind the carpets a little threadbare or the soapdish taped to the bathtub tile, but a food voucher doesn't compensate for not enough sleep when you have to be "on." I warned them I'd be writing to tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Tell them if there are any high school trips or sports teams, you'll check out and demand a refu...
Alistair I, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Singinghurricanj,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the disturbance you experienced while you were here with us, and can certainly understand your disappointment. We have our security team monitor the floors and pubic areas to avoid situations such as this, I am sorry we failed to do so in this instance.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Been to Eaton Chelsea? Share your experiences!