“Great lobby, pool/workout area, but outdated rooms.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eaton Chelsea

You added Eaton Chelsea to your Saves list
Eaton Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Gerrard Street W., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4, Canada (Formerly Delta Chelsea) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Brasilia, DF
“Great lobby, pool/workout area, but outdated rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We appreciate honesty in hotel star ratings and this hotel, in our opinion, is really a 3.5 star. We have stayed in Toronto many times and We like to stay in that region, near Eaton Centre, where we can easily walk to everywhere. I had a special rate for our room for our family of 4. When we arrived, we found a very large and wonderful lobby, with lots of exits to access downtown Toronto.
We checked in with a cordial and efficient staff and got on the elevator that has one different color for each group of floors. In our room, we were a bit disappointed, but despite being a little outdated it suited us nicely and was clean (housekeeping staff always very friendly),with comfy bed and pillows, good size flat screen tv and coffee/tea facilities(no fridge in room).
EXCELLENT pool and workout area on top of the roof, with separate rooms for cardio, weightlifting, stretching, etc (neat and well equipped, but a little warm).
The Market Place restaurant seemed to be good, but after seeing the prices, we preferred to go out to have meals.
Free Internet access was not outstanding, but did the job.
For sure we'll be back to Delta Chelsea.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alistair I, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, April 19, 2013

It is always great to read feedback from our guest stays. We use this information to constantly improve our services and let our staff know how they are doing. I am pleased that all staff you encountered were friendly and welcoming. I am sorry for the disappointment you felt towards the condition of your room. This information is helpful as we decide on our areas of biggest opportunity for upcoming renovations. We thank again for providing this feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Thank you very much for your feedback. It was so nice to hear that you had such and enjoyable stay. I was also happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly and that you and your family enjoyed the location of the hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I will be passing along your comments to our Housekeeping and Front Desk departments. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Polish first
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

nice rooms with all good toiletries and bathrobes.pool and Jacuzzi on rooftop with views of Toronto.
Housekeeping a bit iffy.if you put up" do not disturb "sign in mornings you often got room unattended all day even with sign removed. needs sign with room ready to be serviced to make things clear.
very few Canadian staff or native English speakers,difficulty understanding and being understood.we found this especially in the overrated Bb33 brasserie.
food here not fantastic, poor quality/price ratio.
we had a privilege room on floor 25 so had unlimited access to lounge with good breakfast and afternoon snacks and cookies and hot chocolate.this was super and a lovely German lady was the hostess there.Computer there also and good free wifi throughout hotel.
overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that your stay was overall enjoyable. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to improve our services or let our staff know how they are doing. I am glad you enjoyed the Indian Curry Buffet in our Elm Street Lounge. It has been a favourite for many many years!
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a 4 night stay at this great Toronto Hotel and everything was pretty good, my only "complaint" would be that the free wifi connection was a bit slow, but everything else was really good.

Clean room, nice personnel, friendly concierge service and a lot of places to tour around the hotel. Didnt get to eat at the hotel reastaurants except the Pub where we had delicious sweet potato fries.

Great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Loreniarincon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy that your overall stay was most enjoyable. From the sweet potato fries in the pub to our location, your 4 night stays sounds great. I do apologize for the slow speed on the WiFi you experienced. This is a newly installed feature and will review your challenges with out IT department. We hope you will visit again soon.

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that your stay was overall enjoyable. We appreciate all feedback and use this information to improve our services or let our staff know how they are doing. I have passed your comments to the appropriate departments.
Once again I would like to thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Norristown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location is great. If you plan on not being in your hotel very much, this hotel has what you need, is clean, and in the best location. The bed and pillows were trhe best! But I would not consider this a 3.5 star hotel. The carpets are old and worn, the bathroom needs major work. But it is a perfectly adequate hotel, and the staff was great. It seemed to have a lot of activities for kids, so that is a plus.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lindsay M,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Chelsea. I am pleased your stay was overall enjoyable. I am sad to learn of your disappointment towards the condition of your room and can understand. As we are an older facility there are areas of the hotel which need some attention. Thank you for providing this feedback as we use this information to improve our services and facilities.

Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is just an average run of the mill hotel. The only complaint I have is that is was so hot at night. The staff did provide me with a fan on my second night. The rooms are average size, the bathroom was a bit on the cramped side, but it's a hotel. I didn't have any noise issues, very quiet at night. I order breakfast from room service and it was fine except I ordered a boiled egg and got a poached egg. The server said he'd talk to the room service person about it, never heard a word back. Not. Big deal, but little things make a big difference in the service industry.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear SammyNPaul,

Thanks for your note. I do apologize about the temperature in the rooms. We operate on a one-pipe system and when the air turns warm suddenly, unfortunately, with the size of our building, it takes some time for the water to cool down and cool down our guest rooms. Although the problem is rectified when the weather stays warm we know that it can be uncomfortable for our guests who are staying with us especially during this years wacky weather! I hope that this did not tarnish your view of the Chelsea and that you will return.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is a perfect location to enjoy downtown toronto. Close to Subway and great pubs and Dundas Square.

We brought our kids, and we found the pool / hot tub / water slide to be great for us.

We did have one issue or two, but had really nothing to do with the hotel. It was the Saturday night of a two night stay, and it seems our floor had 4 or 5 rooms of hard core drinkers. When they left about 11 PM to hit some bars, you knew they were leaving, and when they came back about 3 15 AM, things got really out of control. We think the hotel handled it pretty well, but it was a troubling hour or two, particularly for our kids (8 and 7).

The street behind the hotel, and off Yonge was really quaint ( Elm St i think it was)..... we didnt get too much of a chance to explore it, but quite a few old buildings, with some nice restaurents fronting them. We will go back and check these out sometime, but without our kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joefromstcatherines,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review. I am pleased that the location of the hotel was well situated for your needs, and will be bringing you back with out the kids! I do apologize for the slight noise disruptions on your floor in the wee hours of the morning. Our security team works hard to ensure situations such as this are kept under control. Looking forward to your next visit.

Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have been a guest of Delta Chelsea many times over the years and have had a few issues with this property (especially when staying in the older towers) but overall for downtown Toronto, it's a great value and very good location. We use the subway to get around and it's very central for transit. If you like to walk, it's close enough to great shopping locations. Concierge desk always helpful for walking directions and recommendations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alistair I, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Davidxyz_13

Thank you for providing feedback from your most recent stay. It is great to hear that the price and location of our property is well suited to your needs when visiting. We thank you for your patronage and hope that you will stay again soon.

Delta Chelsea Hotel

Been to Eaton Chelsea? Share your experiences!