“Huge Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eaton Chelsea

Save Saved
You added Eaton Chelsea to your Saves list
Eaton Chelsea
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Gerrard Street W., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4, Canada (Formerly Delta Chelsea) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Hotel virtual tour
Offers & Announcements
Up to 20% OFF!
Ranked #73 of 142 hotels in Toronto
Kirkby Lonsdale
“Huge Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The largest hotel I have ever stayed in but so efficiently run you would never know it was so big. Lovely friendly staff who really do go that extra mile. Restaurant was super. Great steaks. Ate in the bar one night. Very good value and a good live band to keep us entertained. Rooms spacious and even had a balcony. Free wireless in bar was an added bonus. Self service breakfast with huge choice. Egg muffin wasn't great but everything else looked reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear suew00,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay.

I am very happy to hear about your recent experience with us and that we were able to provide you with great service, as well as a spacious and comfortable room. I am also glad you enjoyed our hotel facilities and our live entertainment.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

2,999 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Polish first
Sudbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were in Toronto to attend the Royal Winter Fair and stayed here for 3 nights.
The staff at the front desk were very pleasant to deal with, from checking in earlier, to
waiving a small phone surcharge upon checkout.
Did not dine at the hotel or use the pool/fitness facility.( ran outdoors)
Our room on the 10th floor was a little tired and need of a re-fresh,but everything was clean and tidy.
The only downside occured on the second night when we returned to our room and noticed a strong smell of cannabis from an adjacent room. The front desk was notified, and the same thing happened the next morning.Go figure!
This hotel is centrally located in downtown Toronto, close to public transportation, shopping and many dining opportunities.Good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear FoxT,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online.

I was disappointed to hear that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations, and would like to apologize for the disappointment you felt. We have renovated rooms on the lower floors of the hotel, and we are currently in the process of scheduling the next phase of renovations. I also apologize for the disturbance you experienced while you were here with us. We have our security team monitor the floors and pubic areas to avoid situations such as this, I am sorry we failed to do so in this instance. I was pleased you found our team members friendly and helpful and our location convenient.

We hope to welcome you back for another stay.

Birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Quite simply my worst experience in a hotel, ever. I booked at the last minute, for a work trip to Toronto, during a week when the City was rammed. The office booked me here and I arrived with some trepidation. The hotel was rammed itself and something told me that there must be something wrong if it still had rooms with everywhere else full.

I was wrong.

It didn't have any rooms.

Only what I can describe as a coffin.

I was supposed to stay there for a week but moved out after a day. The room was tiny, and lit by what must have been a single 25 watt bulb. There was a balcony, but this faced directly onto a wall. The room was that depressing I decided I would rather sleep on a friends floor.

Perhaps this was the worst room in Toeonto and I was unlucky. But unlucky I was. I would rather swim back to the UK than stay there again.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Grenville99,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely apologize you found your stay unsatisfactory due to many chanllenges you encountered while staying with us. We strive to provide our guests with comfortable rooms to make their stay more enjoyable. I am sorry we have failed in this instance.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I wanted to celebrate my anniversary with my boyfriend and thought this would be an amazing place since it's in the heart of downtown and everything we wanted to explore was near by.

My plane was exceptionally early and was surprised that the hotel was willing to let me check in at 1 pm. The counter staff was amazingly sweet and friendly.

The room was amazing. Beautiful and spacious like they said. Ours came with a balcony also. The room service, tv channels and even the pub downstairs was great.

Checking out was a breeze also. They made me anniversary one I shall remember for quite sometime.

Definitely will recommend and even stay if I'm visit toronto again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Veesevani,

Thank you for posting your review.

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that we are able to accommodate you for an earlier check in. I am also happy that our team members made your anniversary a very special occasion.

We hope to continue to welcome you back and we are looking forward to it.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Got a special rate for the Delta Chelsea which was right for what it was. For my preference the hotel is way to big and very unpersonal. Staff was friendly but not walking one step faster to help anyone. Bad thing was that one night I wanted to take a bath and black hairs came up when the tub was filling. This while I am blond. In general the cleaning of the room wasnt very good. Location is great, but I would spend a bit more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade. Standard rooms are tiny!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Rianneplaya,

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay,

I was disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay due to the conditions of your bathroom and the service you received. We have programs in place to guarantee the cleanliness of our rooms, I am sorry they have failed in this instance. I am happy that we were able to provide you with a resonable rate for your stay.

We hope to welcome you back.

Guest Experince Specialist
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Comfortable bed
Stayed 4nights with daughters and grandson
It is an Ideal location for shops and entertainment
Food and service friendly and efficient
No wifi in room but ok in public spaces so no problem
Would stay there again as ambience made one feel relaxed and welcome
Good facilities and handy shop on site

Room Tip: Had paid to upgrade but should have checked room first as seemed quite basic
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GESDeltaCHE, Manager at Eaton Chelsea, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear rosie503747,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our downtown location and found our team members and services efficient and friendly. We are currently looking into installing wireless internet in our guest rooms.

We hope to welcome you back for another stay.

Dasha Bortsova
Guest Experience Specialist.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

O got a great deal on Priceline, and was pleasantly surprised with the renovations that were done. We were on the top floor- signature suites which includes a continental breakfast. great king room, good location. The service was excellent, check out and check in was very easy. Although the lobby is very busy .Comparable to being the time square of Toronto. Restaurants are abundant, north and south of the hotel location: combination if chains and different types of ethnic cuisine. To the south is the Toronto eaton centre, with all your large retail stores. For something uniques and interesting headroom west queen west, just pass spading. You will find a mix of eclectic shops of apparel and furniture with a mix of ladies and men's stores.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Grace0076,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent stay.

I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay and found our service exceptional. I am also pleased you enjoyed the location of the hotel and its proximity to many restaurants, shops, and other attractions.

We hope to welcome you back for another great stay.

Guest Experience Specialist

Been to Eaton Chelsea? Share your experiences!