“No Manager?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Toronto

You added Grand Hotel Toronto to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Jarvis St, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #19 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“No Manager?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

On my last stay at this hotel, I had experienced some major billing problems on my last receipt. So major that I wanted to speak to the manager to get is resolved. When I asked the front desk to speak with him or her, I was told they weren't available. I asked when they would be, and was told there wasn't going to be one this weekend... how is that possible? What if there was an emergency? I am not going to return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2005

Loved the Grand, charming hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly, stayed in a Grand deluxe room which was quite spacious. Really enjoyed the pool, free Wireless internet, free movies, hot tubs and breakfast. I recommend The Grand to all.

VANCOUVER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2005

This hotel rocks!

The service was great. The doorman was friendly. The room was very clean and new. The bed was the best part...oh so comfortable. I sunk right into the bed sheets. Woke up feeling very refreshed. The pool was cool - everyone should make time to check it out. I would definately recommend this place to any Toronto visitors.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2005

-Elevators are slow
-Rooms are on the small side
-We found the rooms very noisey
-Price is a little on the high side for what you get
-Service really not there, lacking in all areas.

The one thing my wife and I did enjoy was the restaurant Citrus. Very nice atmosphere, service was good andt he food too. Unless you've managed to stay in the restaurant, go elsewhere.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2005

Stayed at this hotel at the beginning of January. Rooms were not as advertised on the website. They were small, sheets were paper thin, there was hair ALL OVER the bathroom and worst of all, the staff were unfriendly.

It's a personal pet peve of mine when service workers chat amongst themselves when a customer needs help, and I waited at least 1 minute or maybe even 2 for the two receptionists to finish their conversation and check me in.

The door men weren't always there, and useless at flagging a taxi. At check-out, our rate was $50.00 than what we were quoted and I had to argue with the desk to fix the problem. All in all, I will never return here until this place falls under new management.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occaisions, and to sum it up, it's not great but it's not terrible either. It used to be the preferred hotel for my company, and consequently I found myself here often. Service wasn't great but the rooms are nice enough.

I also found it ironic that the reviewer from Port Huron made a point of mentioning the size of Batavia, New York as Port Huron Michigan is of no signifance either. I know myself I have submitted many reviews at once for different hotels as I have visited Toronto many times on business, before the creation of this website.

I think the Port Huron reviewer's harsh criticism of the reviewer from Batavia suggests he/she is affiliated to the Grand in some way other than just a customer. I imagine the reviewer from Batavia simply did the same as I, discovered this interactive website, and wanted to share as many hotel experiences as possible.

All in all, this website is a terrific idea, and I hope it continues to grow. Let each hotel's management respond to reviewer complaints and don't take it into your hands, this is why TripAdvisor afford hotel's this option. The Grand hotel has nice rooms, and poor service, that's what it comes down to.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2005

We visited the Grand Hotel over New Years Eve weekend. We were expecting suite sized rooms with above average service. The staff was OK while the surroundings were very over rated. We needed to change rooms because of shredded, tattered and broken furniture. The rooms were no bigger than an average budget hotel and poorly designed. Every aspect of the design and decor is budget. This is NOT a suite hotel.
We visited the rooftop hot tub at 3 PM in the afternoon to see if it would be a place to visit in the evening. While the setting could have been interesting the decks were cluttered with dirty towels,cigarette butts and empty beer cans from the night before. The breakfast buffet made the situation tolerable and the only reason we we did not change hotels. The "grandest" aspect of this hotel is the lighting from the street. As soon as you enter it is a major disappointment.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Grand Hotel Toronto? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Hotel Toronto

Address: 225 Jarvis St, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C1, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > Downtown Toronto
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#8 Spa Hotel in Toronto
#10 Family Hotel in Toronto
#14 Romantic Hotel in Toronto
#15 Luxury Hotel in Toronto
#20 Business Hotel in Toronto
Hotel Class:4 star — Grand Hotel Toronto 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Toronto Grand Hotel

If you own or manage Grand Hotel Toronto, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.