“Certainly Grand” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Toronto

Save Saved
You added Grand Hotel Toronto to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Jarvis St, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #14 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Certainly Grand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well appointed hotel with great guest services.
Free shuttle to my meeting downtown
Comfortable room with excellent breakfast buffet
Workout facilities include steam and sauna
Conferance facilities good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear ChefPhil49.

We are pleased that you took advantage of our chauffeured house car during your stay. I will be sure to share your kind comments with our front desk team!

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future !

Warmly,

Greg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at the Grand from October 11 through the 13. Initial impressions: beautiful hotel lobby, lovely front desk staff and prompt check-in. Parking: underground but the navigation in the lot is very tight and the actual spots are VERY small. A shoe horn should be a required item after checking in! Room: Very clean, hardwood floors, marble bathroom, many other amenities. Free local calls, use of in-room safe, complimentary breakfast, etc. Dining Room: quite beautiful to look at and the food was better than expected. The swimming pool is really beautiful as well. I had the whole thing to myself when I went for a dip at 9:00pm one evening. Of course the rooftop patio, with hot tubs, etc. is a gem. What a great view! The location of the hotel is no doubt in a somewhat sketchy (but up and coming) area of downtown Toronto. My view was of a local strip joint! (don't ask for a north facing view if you prefer not to see it!) The staff were all accommodating and I had a very nice time all in all. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: North view (north/east) look down upon a strip joint. South (both east and west) are good choices w...
Dear Bluenoser23,

We very much appreciate the positive sentiment and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the hotels amenities during your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Toronto !

Best,

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

W've been in Toronto for a week end, both of us my husband and I were just exhausted so we did not fancy wondering out too much in search of food. So we had dinner at the hotel and it was lovely. Fish and meat both cocked perfectly, lovely appetizers, interesting menu. The suite we had was very spacious, ideal for a family , even too much space just for the two of us ... We get suites to have some more space but we normally get a sitting room and a bedroom, whereas that one was effectively a large two bedrooms flat. Nicely furnished, clean, tv in each room, great Landry service (they managed to get off red wine staines from my husbands suit, which was a relief considering that it was a tailored suit), and provided the service between Friday night and Saturday early afternoon. The gym is huge, absolutely enormous for a hotel, but many machines are not quite working and the type of machines were not much to my liking - ie the cross trainers are not very good. The pool and spa downstairs are very nice and again very lovely for kids if you go there as a family. Breakfast buffet : very very good and free, so go for it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Anna J,

Thank you for selecting us during your travels to Toronto. We understand that traveling can be exhausting so we strive to make our restaurant the hidden little gem in the city with a great ambiance and well-appointed meal options. Our guestrooms are very spacious and inviting, providing a very comfortable environment- your home away from home.

I have shared your comments with our Chef, Restaurant Manager as well as our Maintenance team

We hope to see you during your next trip to Toronto !

Warmly,

georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Read all the reviews of numerous hotels in Toronto. All had positive and negative reviews. Choose this hotel based on free wifi and free breakfast since these were not free at most of the hotels I looked at our at least not both of them. We stayed two nights on the 11th floor with great views of downtown. The bed was comfy. In fact, the best sleep I had on a five night vacation. The breakfast was far and above what we are used to as your free breakfast at most hotels. The hotel staff was amazing, friendly helpful, etc. The pool and rooftop deck and hot tubs - spectacular. This will be my go to hotel if I ever travel back to Toronto and my recommendation to friends and family traveling to Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear travelbunnygeorgia,
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to go above and beyond your expectations. We strive to provide added value, exceptional guest relations and top notch amenities for our guests to enjoy. We are so pleased that you will recommend us to your friends and family and that we will be your choice hotel when visiting Toronto!

Hope to see you soon!

Bracebridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

One night stay for Barbra Streisand concert. Our room was complimentary,thanks to a friend. We were on the 11th floor. Room was quite nice at about 300sq ft. with a city view. The main bed was comfortable but very small for 2 people(not sure if it was a Queen or a double) but was comfortable. The pull out bed was lumpy and difficult to sleep on. The complimentary breakfast in the restaurant was quite average, but there were plenty of choices on offer. The biggest downside for us was the location. Right on Jarvis at Shuter not a nice neighborhood late at night or early morning. It is pretty central to the Eaton Centre though. the staff are friendly and efficient. We are glad we tried it, but would prefer to stay in a different location next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Muskokaguy,

Thank you for detailed review. We have taken your concerns with regards to the pull-out couches in the guest rooms and I have shared with our team. In fact, we are actually in the process of changing out all of them for new and more welcoming couches for our guests to enjoy. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Grand to be closer to my husband who was recoperating in hospital after surgery. Through on line booking I requested a room far from elevators and ice machines, knowing that rooms near these could be noisy and I have difficulty sleeping with noise. They gave me a room at the end of the hall farthest from the elevator however they didn't take into consideration that there was a service elevator right behind my room. That and the fact that the in room refridgerator needed defrosting and the exhaust fan in the bathroom could not be shut off. The room was extremely noisy and after trying to get to sleep I called down to the desk and asked if they could figure out why the room was so noisy and if all of the rooms were the same. They said they would send someone up to the hall to see if there was something unusual. I never heard back, I eventually got a few hours sleep and in the morning I asked to switch rooms. They gave me a new room on another floor, mid-floor on the second night, there was absolutely no noise. The best they did for my inconvenience was to give me 1 night free valet parking. When I got home I realized I had been charged an extra nights fee of $299. for the new
room. Now I have to trying to get that money back, Wish me luck. I was so exhausted after 10 days of being with my husband in hospital that I didn't go over the bill and I thought I had missinterpreted the room rate since it was a stressful time. For what I was charged I could have stayed at the Trump hotel. The rooms are very nice I would have insited to be moved the first night but I was physically and mentally exhausted and couldn't do it.

Stayed October 2012
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear JLCOntario,

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry for any confusion you experienced with the rates on a third party booking site. I do understand that you have been in touch with the hotel with regards to your stay and I am pleased that your concerns have been resolved.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Greg Egglesfield
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great spot for a business stay in downtown Toronto. Large room, beautiful floor to ceiling window wall views, excellent service, underground parking, not too big a hotel. Not within a quick walk of downtown, though -- they will take you by limo to financial center appointments. Wifi is free -- that's great! Wifi is slow and intermittent on the top floors -- that's not great. Excellent bedding. Rooftop terrace with views (19th floor) of the lake and city.

Dear EagleEyeBoston,

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the unique feature of our boutique hotel such as the floor to ceiling windows, complimentary WIFI and our unparalleled service. We provide convenient services to our guests such complimentary drop off in our Cadillac Escalade to ensure you arrive in style!

We can’t wait to see you again!

Greg Egglesfield

Been to Grand Hotel Toronto? Share your experiences!