“Great place to stay in Toronto” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Toronto

Save Saved
You added Grand Hotel Toronto to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Jarvis St, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2C1, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #17 of 141 hotels in Toronto
georgia
“Great place to stay in Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Read all the reviews of numerous hotels in Toronto. All had positive and negative reviews. Choose this hotel based on free wifi and free breakfast since these were not free at most of the hotels I looked at our at least not both of them. We stayed two nights on the 11th floor with great views of downtown. The bed was comfy. In fact, the best sleep I had on a five night vacation. The breakfast was far and above what we are used to as your free breakfast at most hotels. The hotel staff was amazing, friendly helpful, etc. The pool and rooftop deck and hot tubs - spectacular. This will be my go to hotel if I ever travel back to Toronto and my recommendation to friends and family traveling to Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear travelbunnygeorgia,
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to go above and beyond your expectations. We strive to provide added value, exceptional guest relations and top notch amenities for our guests to enjoy. We are so pleased that you will recommend us to your friends and family and that we will be your choice hotel when visiting Toronto!

Hope to see you soon!

Greg

782 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Bracebridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

One night stay for Barbra Streisand concert. Our room was complimentary,thanks to a friend. We were on the 11th floor. Room was quite nice at about 300sq ft. with a city view. The main bed was comfortable but very small for 2 people(not sure if it was a Queen or a double) but was comfortable. The pull out bed was lumpy and difficult to sleep on. The complimentary breakfast in the restaurant was quite average, but there were plenty of choices on offer. The biggest downside for us was the location. Right on Jarvis at Shuter not a nice neighborhood late at night or early morning. It is pretty central to the Eaton Centre though. the staff are friendly and efficient. We are glad we tried it, but would prefer to stay in a different location next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Muskokaguy,

Thank you for detailed review. We have taken your concerns with regards to the pull-out couches in the guest rooms and I have shared with our team. In fact, we are actually in the process of changing out all of them for new and more welcoming couches for our guests to enjoy. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Greg
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Grand to be closer to my husband who was recoperating in hospital after surgery. Through on line booking I requested a room far from elevators and ice machines, knowing that rooms near these could be noisy and I have difficulty sleeping with noise. They gave me a room at the end of the hall farthest from the elevator however they didn't take into consideration that there was a service elevator right behind my room. That and the fact that the in room refridgerator needed defrosting and the exhaust fan in the bathroom could not be shut off. The room was extremely noisy and after trying to get to sleep I called down to the desk and asked if they could figure out why the room was so noisy and if all of the rooms were the same. They said they would send someone up to the hall to see if there was something unusual. I never heard back, I eventually got a few hours sleep and in the morning I asked to switch rooms. They gave me a new room on another floor, mid-floor on the second night, there was absolutely no noise. The best they did for my inconvenience was to give me 1 night free valet parking. When I got home I realized I had been charged an extra nights fee of $299. for the new
room. Now I have to trying to get that money back, Wish me luck. I was so exhausted after 10 days of being with my husband in hospital that I didn't go over the bill and I thought I had missinterpreted the room rate since it was a stressful time. For what I was charged I could have stayed at the Trump hotel. The rooms are very nice I would have insited to be moved the first night but I was physically and mentally exhausted and couldn't do it.

Stayed October 2012
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear JLCOntario,

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry for any confusion you experienced with the rates on a third party booking site. I do understand that you have been in touch with the hotel with regards to your stay and I am pleased that your concerns have been resolved.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great spot for a business stay in downtown Toronto. Large room, beautiful floor to ceiling window wall views, excellent service, underground parking, not too big a hotel. Not within a quick walk of downtown, though -- they will take you by limo to financial center appointments. Wifi is free -- that's great! Wifi is slow and intermittent on the top floors -- that's not great. Excellent bedding. Rooftop terrace with views (19th floor) of the lake and city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear EagleEyeBoston,

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the unique feature of our boutique hotel such as the floor to ceiling windows, complimentary WIFI and our unparalleled service. We provide convenient services to our guests such complimentary drop off in our Cadillac Escalade to ensure you arrive in style!

We can’t wait to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from a one night stay at The Grand and had a great experience. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, even putting us on a quiet floor with lots of marathon participants, so we could have a peaceful night. The room was neat, spacious and modern. We ordered room service and it came quickly, was hot and tasty. We awoke to a rainy morning, but enjoyed the rooftop hot tub nonethheless. The complimentary breakfast was extensive and delicious. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear KateNY50,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in Toronto. We are glad that you took the opportunity to enjoy the roof top while staying with us even though the weather wasn't on the pleasant side. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Warmest,

Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at The Grand for our yearly trip to Fan Expo in August. This is the fourth year we have stayed here. However, this year, there is a huge improvement in staff and the basic running of the hotel. We were up graded and had a wonderful room, the staff were amazing especially the restaurant and bar staff who kept me company while I escaped my teenage kids for a few hours. The sushi is to die for. The roof top and hot tub are great and the loungers etc have all been upgraded. The breakfast is nice. I cannot say enough about this hotel..we will be returning there in a couple of weeks..it is our home away from home in Toronto.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Manutd070,

We are so pleased to read your positive review and we thank you for your continued loyalty over the years. We are glad that you have had the opportunity to enjoy our upgraded amenities and we certainly appreciated the kind words regarding our level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ :) in a couple of week!

Warmly,

Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I walked into this hotel with my wife to spend the night for our anniversary. Without a prebooking the front desk asked for my ID with my credit card as she explained this was procedure with walkin clients. This was totally acceptable to me but what happened next was not. Without explaining anything to me she walked away from the desk into a back room and reappeared 5 minutes later. "yup everything is ok she said" no apologies or anything, of course it was ok, you already matched my ID with the name on the credit card. Was it the fact that im under 30 or the colour of my skin, just another example of descrimination either way. Sad to see this type of behaviour in such a muticultural city such as Toronto. Overall the rest of the experience was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg E, Manager at Grand Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Akbi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. The reason why we do a name and address verifications is solely to protect our guests and to confirm that all transactions are authorized. This added security measure is in place to ensure there is no unwanted activity on a credit card. Doing this most certainly has no relevance to the age of a guest or their ethnicity.

I’m pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Greg Egglesfield

Been to Grand Hotel Toronto? Share your experiences!