“Comfortable and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 3, Toronto International Airport, Toronto, Ontario L5P 1C4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #35 of 141 hotels in Toronto
YYZ
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I needed to stay over for just one night and didn't want to deal with shuttles, etc. so I stayed at the Sheraton. I had a fantastic sleep. The staff were very helpful and polite. The room was comfortable. I requested a quiet room and was assigned a room on a designated quiet floor. The water pressure was very very strong - I had quite an invigorating shower! The pool, gym, and other amenities looked nice but I didn't get a chance to use them. Hopefully I will get another chance in the future. Only drawback was no free wi-fi in your room, and you have to pay for all phone calls, even local ones. Not having to go outside to get back to the airport was fantastic.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

996 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family stayed at the Sheraton recently as we had a flight very early the next morning. Normally we would have just driven in very early or stayed at a cheaper hotel, but for the convenience of not having to drive very early in a snow storm, or have to rely on shuttles at 4am, it was very much worth it.

The room was big for a king and pullout sofa and was very impressed with the size, even though we were just there to sleep. We all got the much needed few hours of sleep as the beds were quite comfortable and overall the room was clean and modern.

The best part was being able to just get my daughter in her stroller, and grab my wife and son and suitcases and just walk over the bridge to our terminal. We parked in the Value Park garage and used the monorail to get over to the hotel, and then the bridge to get to Terminal 3 of the airport. Not having to take your kid out of a stroller and fold it up anytime we need to get in/out of a vehicle is a HUGE bonus and worth the extra bucks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had originallly chosen this hotel because I figured that after an overseas flight, and considering my arrival time, I wouldn't want to make the trip to a downtown hotel. As I arrived at Pearson practicially gibbering with fatigue it was a really smart choice.

The woman at the front desk was a marvel: helpful, courteous, friendly. She made checking in as easy as possible and I wish I could remember her name so that I could pass on my commendation to the management.

The room was quite large and very clean. There was plenty of hot water and I got in a quick soak.

The bed was extremely comfortable. I know this because I thought I'd lie down for a few minutes after batheing and before tracking down supper and I woke up some hours later (and then just long enough to change into sleepwear, take off my glasses and turn out the light).

You cannot beat the location as the hotel is physically attached to the airport. This means that you can also catch your connection to downtown Toronto just by going back into the airport and going to the Ground Transportation Area. I am very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Orillia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After having no heat in my room that I was originally in, I phoned front desk at 9:45pm and they sent someone up immediately as I had an early flight the next morning. I was told the problem would take an hour and a half and they immediately moved me to another room. Not only did they move me, they upgraded me to a much larger room with a Jacuzzi bathtub. When I woke up the next morning, I did take a few minutes to enjoy a quick Jacuzzi. Staff were great and extremely helpful and friendly. I definitely will be back when travelling again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TimReardon, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience - I am sorry that we had to move you during your stay, however, I am pleased that we could offer you an upgraded room and you took the time to enjoy the Jacuzzi tub.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you're visiting Toronto or staying overnight to catch a flight, you won't be disappointed with this property. The rooms are great, clean, and comfortable. The best thing is waking up and walking a few minutes to Terminal 3 without having to step outside. We received excellent service and a great upgrade on our layover here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I was glad to know that we offered you the perfect location during your recent travel through Toronto Airport. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
New Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We frequently fly over Toronto on our way to down south or Europe and this hotel is the best bet for a stopover. Very convenient with the "people mover" going between the hotel and airport terminals. We stay on the club floor and the lounge is great. The free full breakfast and the evening snacks means not having to go to a restaurant for meals. The rooms were always very clean and well appointed. The reception is always great.

Room Tip: Stay on the club floor - it is well worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your last travel through Toronto Airport. I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities on our club floor and found your room well appointed.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Yes, convenient. It's right at Pearson airport... Be prepared to pay through the nose for EVERYTHING. $10 for one hour of wifi, $2 per local call PLUS 10 cents per minute!!! Regular cabs aren't allowed to wait at the door so that means if you want to go 5 minutes down the road to the Keg, like we did tonight, it is a MINIMUM $19 cab ride! Yes, I expect a hotel in this proximity of the airport to be expensive, but I find the "extra" charges for just about everything except the bed to be beyond ridiculous. Seriously, pick a hotel down the road with a courtesy shuttle service!

Room Tip: Next time we will choose a local hotel that has a free shuttle service... This is robbery.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It was disheartening to know that you had a disappointing stay with us.
Our registered guests are offered complimentary use of our computers and internet in our Link @Sheraton, the communal lounge in the lobby. I am sorry you were not able to take advantage of that facility during your visit.
As we are on airport grounds, taxi cabs must adhere to the rules laid out by the airport authorities and only these licenced cabs are allowed to carry a fare from the airport and hotel.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Tim

Been to Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!