“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

You added Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East to your Saves list
Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2180 Islington Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M9P 3P1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #105 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
dwight, ontario
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night before we flew to Cuba in December, very comfortable, provided on site parking while we were away and shuttle. What really impressed us was upon our return, intended on staying only one night but due to a huge ice storm we ended up staying three additional nights. The staff was very accommodating, spotless rooms, the restaurant was very reasonable, great service and very good food and I am fussy as I am a trained chef. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Quality Hotel & Suites, Toronto Airport East. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Reception was very busy due to the cancellations & delayed flights. The staff were welcoming and friendly.
The heating in the room was very noisy and took awhile to fall asleep.
I'm very grateful they had power and I was able to get a shower as a lot of Toronto was without power.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your observations while you were our guest. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were here for 4 days during the ice storm (Etobicoke power out for 4 days) and our experience was excellent. The room -12th floor with a beautiful view - was modern, clean, well-kept, nothing missing, comfortable beds, and the front desk staff and restaurant servers very polite and efficient. We are used to more expensive hotels so we were very pleasantly surprized as the room cost ($109-115) was modest. Thank God for this place, it saved our bacon! We will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: higher floors facing east have beautiful view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking the time write a review on your recent stay here. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

When I made my reservation, I wasn't sure if I was arriving very early in the morning, or later in the afternoon, so I asked the reservation agent if I would be able to check in at 7:00am if I took they overnight flight as long as rooms were available, which was fine but when I arrived they said it would be an extra 49.00 even though I was told that it would be no problem. Reserved a shuttle for 1:00 showed up at 12:40 reminded the front then had to wait 40 minutes. Told breakfast included only to find out it wasn't. Will never stay again and recommend to my friends to avoid at all costs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Attending a 4-day trade show with a number of colleagues found us looking for a bargain suite in the area. I was hesitant about the price we were able to secure online in terms of what this hotel could offer. In the end it was fine. The bed was comfortable, pillows were great and bathroom was clean. Having paid well south of $100 per suite you know that corners must be cut somewhere but this was not at the expense of the bed and bath... Well done.

The carpeting had some stains and the halls could use an upgrade as there was a slight odour in the halls. The lighting was bright with minimal atmosphere. Again, pretty much expected at this price point. The major inconvenience is the lack of controlled parking in the multi level parkade. Coming in late most nights I was always asked to drive all the way up and then reverse down if no spots were open. Only then would you get parking for the lot next door and find yourself making the hike back to the hotel and up to your room. Desk staff should simply issue parking passes and not put guests out like this.

There is simply not enough desk staff to cover peak periods and getting answers to simple questions can get frustrating with 5-10 customers in line. Again, I totally understand this given the price point.

I would personally pay a little more for easy parking and concierge service to handle minor issues. This would bump my ranking from good to very good.

From a sleep perspective, it was fine for a business trip. Also, the restaurant staff was very friendly at breakfast. That always makes a huge difference, thank you! The breakfast was $6.95 for standard buffet... Ridiculously good price for what you get. I would easily pay more for the same and encourage the management to use the extra money to increase service level via increased staffing. My two cents.

I would likely use them again at our discounted rate. I would be disappointed to pay over $100 for the level of service offered. In the end, do not worry about the place in terms of comfort but just be ready for slight inconvenience.

Room Tip: My higher floor seemed to be renovated more recently than some of my colleagues lower floors. This i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you or taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff and me, I apologize for not meeting you expectations regarding our service. I value your feedback and I assure you your observations will be shared with entire staff and for training purposes. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you come back and give us a chance to serve you better.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hotel needs to do some renovations, it not updated at all. room was ok but need some more details. staff was friendly.
breakfast is ok for that price. I will think twice before book that hotel again.
good luck

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your observations while you were our guest. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great accommodations.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We booked a room there the night before our flight out; primary reason was to park the car and catch a morning shuttle to the airport. Shuttles only ran every 45 minutes, the timing of which was not very convenient for us to meet the rest of our party. They knew the night before that we had reserved places, but when the shuttle finally arrived, there was not enough room for everyone, and we were obliged to wait even longer. At one point it was even suggested the wait might be a further 45 minutes, till the next shuttle. Why reserve places if they are not available??
Rooms are getting very tired. Beds not comfortable and there were hardly any plugs to recharge devices.
Overall, I don't think we would stay there again.

Stayed November 2013
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a greater experience.

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East? Share your experiences!