“Clean and budget” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East

You added Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East to your Saves list
Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2180 Islington Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M9P 3P1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #105 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Clean and budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Well kept, clean and best for value. In-room wifi, decent tv, comfortable bed, clean bathrooms and iron box.

Had a desk but no chair. However, on request the reception was kind enough to send through a chair. Lack of in-room locker and fridge. Internet was slower during 6pm-11pm timeframe.

Bus Stop in front of hotel and 15-20 mins ride to Islington Subway Station.

10 minutes walk to plaza with Walmart, Subway, Popeyes, Dollar store and other shops restaurants.

Also 10 minutes drive to Airport. Hotel is situated on 401 interchange hence easy drive to Toronto or Mississauga.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
gmqualityhotel, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for writing your observations of your stay while you were our guest. Your comments are shared for entire staff to view. Your comments are very important to us. We are consistently striving to improve in all areas. I hope you come back and give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Kitchener
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff were friendly and the room was clean. Overall the property is a little tired. This hotel is often listed as 3 stars, but I think it should be 2.5 stars. It is ok for a one night stay before going to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a business class upgrade and you will get a better room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I am delighted you have taken the time to write a review of the experience while you were our guest. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. Your observations are very important to us. We are consistently striving to improve in all areas. We look forward to have you as our guest again.
New Liskeard, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

When I booked online, 2 weeks prior, I made it clear I needed a fridge for my medications. I get there...no fridge. I try to phone down seven floors as I am very sick(this is why I'm in Toronto), and the phone won't work. So I have to slog it down to the lobby and show them my booking paper where it says, "Need a fridge for my meds." That's ALL I've asked for. So I go back up and a fridge is delivered to my room. It is filthy, the bottom seal wont make contact as it is so rusted that when I pulled it open the chunk of rusty metal fell off and then it wouldn't close at all. So since the phone still isn't working, I have to go back down and complain about the fridge. The guy comes back, not with a fridge, but with a bottle of cleaner and a rag. I explain to him and show him this "fridge" which should actually be in the garbage. A hotel knows better than to try and pawn a piece of crap like that on anyone as its condition is obvious. I get another fridge, better condition, but dirty like the first. I'm too tired to go back down so I clean it myself. There's chunks of rust all over the rug and when I reported it later, nobody came to clean it up. I'm diabetic and a piece of that in my foot could cost me my leg. My phone still doesn't work right and a call to my wife the next day was like a screaming match just to be able to be heard. Two days it took to get the phone working. The front desk people were very nice overall. I'm there for 4 days because I'm in Toronto to get treatment and see specialists. The room I got was right beside an ice machine that went out with the Edsel. It was so noisy all the time that I could hear it through the wall, and when people used it, it sounded like a car accident happening. So I just unplugged it finally and replugged it when I went out the next day. There's only one computer in their "business centre" and it was slow and constantly froze up...that's if you were lucky enough to get to use it as there was a contingent of young soccer players who were on it whenever I went downstairs. They desperately need another computer and the keyboard on this one is so old that half the letters are illegible. C'mon, you can buy a keyboard for $10 lousy bucks. The taxis would park out front right across in front of the only three handicapped spots available and in front of the fire route as well. I had to go in and tell them to get the taxi driver to move his cab. They should not allow taxis to park there. I NEED those handicapped spots and don't appreciate having to fight for it. The bed was fairly comfortable and overall the hotel was clean. As I said, the staff was pretty nice and I have no issue with them, but I'm too sick to have to constantly ask for things to be fixed, especially when they should be in working order in the first place. The fridge really tee'd me off. Did they think I was too stupid to notice that this maintenance man was trying to pawn off a piece of %$#@ like that on me, especially when I clearly specified the need for a fridge weeks before I arrived? The price was awesome, but I'm not sure if it was worth the hassles. I clearly let them know how very ill I am so things should have been taken care of in a more efficient manner. I actually left one day early and felt unrested.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the experience you have encountered while you were our guest. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. Your observations are vital to us. It lets us know what is good and where we need to improve. Our commitment is to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great service for all guests. In your situation we have failed to deliver on our commitment. All the issues mentioned have been corrected. I hope you come back and give us another chance to serve your better. It would be my pleasure to personally oversee your next visit as my guest. Again, I extend you my sincere apology for not delivering on our promise.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've stayed here several time in 2011 & 2012 and keep coming back. Good price and great rooms. This is more a business hotel or stopover - not a resort. There was no free breakfast but Tim Horton's is always just around the corner....

Room Tip: Just ask for high floor and quiet room - easy!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review of the experience you have encountered while you were our guest. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. Your observations are an inspiration for my staff. We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel is located near the 401 highway, which is very convenient if you travel by car. My husband and I have stayed in the hotel for one night only, and we were completely satisfied with the room and service. Despite the fact that there is the busiest Canada's airport round the corner, we didn't hear the noise and slept well. The room was clear. We didn't feel any unpleasant smell. The AC is indeed noisy, as far as I can judge from my experience, a noisy AC is the first thing you learned to live with when you come to North America. At least, it was helpful and cooled down the air very well. The ladies in reception were very polite and professional. Free WiFi worked fast and smooth. I will definitely return to this hotel when visiting Toronto next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you had a good experience; thank you for taking the time to write a review sharing your experience while you were our guest. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We consistently make every effort to improve; AC units are being repaired or replace constantly. Wi-Fi was a problem before. We listened to our guest and upgraded our Wi-Fi. I appreciate your comments. It lets us know what is working and where we need to improve. My entire staff is dedicated to provide our guest with clean, comfortable rooms and great service. We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again.
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel is in an isolated location off the highway. Rooms were old and worn, but clean enough. No free continental breakfast, unlike most Quality Inns. Car needs to be registered for parking.

OK experience, but I would likely stay elsewhere.

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
I am grateful you took the time to write a review sharing your experience while you were our guest. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We consistently make every effort to improve where needed. My housekeeping staff is dedicated to provide our guest with clean and comfortable room. We are all committed in providing our guest with good experience.
We are a full service hotel with a restaurant on site providing all meals at a nominal charge. It would be our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We spent here just 2 nights before our flight back to Moscow. The hotel is dated of course, but our room was OK - quite large one, beds were rather comfortable. The staff at the front desk was polite, the check-in and check out procedures - quick.
Some disadvantages - the aircondition was very noisy, the smell in the room was not fresh (I think it's because of the old furniture).
But generally our stay was good. And for 1-2 nights I would definately choose this hotel again (if the rate is also so great:)

Room Tip: 1-2 nights stay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review sharing your experience while you were our guest. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We consistently make every effort to improve where needed; air-condition units are continually being repaired or in some instances replaced. Yes, our furniture is old however my housekeeping staff is dedicated to provide our guest with clean and comfortable room. We are all committed in providing our guest with good experience. We look forward in having you as our guest again.

Been to Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East? Share your experiences!