“Served The Purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport

You added Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Carlingview Drive, Toronto, Ontario M9W 5E8, Canada   |
Ranked #61 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Yorkton, Canada
“Served The Purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We used this hotel as our stop-over en route to and from Europe. First time staying here.

Complimentary shuttle from and to YYZ was helpful.

The Carlingview itself is an old building. It appeared that renos had been done at some point in time. Done but not done well.

Bed was comfy and shower worked well but the entire place had a "grungy" (for lack of a better word) feel to it. Not dirty. Just "grungy".

No fridge or microwave.

It served the purpose but we'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Lovinlifecanada, thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. Our hotel was completely renovated in early 2011 which included new carpet, mattresses and box springs, flat screen televisions and furniture. Fridges and microwaves are provided on demand to our guests and generally available and I apologize if this was not communicated to you by our associates. If there is anything further you wish to discuss I invite you to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed one night before an early flight - it was a great deal when you consider the cost of parking at the airport. The parking situation is weird, in that you have to wait for a shuttle to take you there (it's a locked gravel parking lot behind a creepy strip mall), but the rooms were clean enough and the service good. The pillows were the smallest pillows I have ever seen, and the hallway light really comes in under the room doors. I didn't sleep well but part of that may have been the excitement of leaving on a trip the next day. Overall it was decent, but I would never stay there if I wasn't catching an early flight.

Room Tip: Put a towel under the door to block the light from the hallway at night!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Terriffic, thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. Our stopover parking is offsite in a locked facility to ensure the safety and security of our guests and our drivers are instructed to driver in to the lot to drop guests off where their vehicle is especially in the evening. If this was not the case on your experience please let me know. I apologize for the hallway light and will look into the pillows. You will receive a separate message from me with my contact information if you would be so kind to email me your last name so I can investigate the room number. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Hotel is close to airport and you can park your car for up to 14 days. You have to arrange to follow the shuttle bus on the hour to the locked, gravel parking lot around the back area of the hotel. The wake up call was right on time. The breakfast that was supposed to start at 3am was not set up until closer to 330. Just coffee and small muffins and croissants. The shuttle runs on the quarter past and quarter to the hour and was prompt and friendly. The hotel room itself was clean. The toiletries were a 1/5 so highly recommend take your own. The hallway smelled of deodorant spray but the rooms did not. This hotel seems to be a commonly recommended by travel agents.

Room Tip: Do not get room numbered 220-224. These are right by the Pepsi cooler and ice machine. These were ve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear PastTimesWriter, thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. Valuable comments such as yours assist us in ensuring we can move forward and exceed our guest expectations. I will certainly follow-up with our team on the breakfast times as well as review the use of air fresheners in our hallways with the housekeeping team.

If you have any further information you can provide me on your concerns with the toiletries please feel free to get in touch with me personally as I have sent you a message with my email address.

We are proud to be the choice of many travel agents as the premier stopover hotel in the Toronto Airport area and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was fine - what I expected... The only problem was with the shuttle - upon arriving at the airport at 11:30 at night we called for our shuttle transportation. Well I called at least three times and we literally had to wait outside for one hour. We were cold and tired - all this before our five hour drive back home - that totally ruined my homecoming.

• Stayed September 2012
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear sierrajojo, thank you for your review and I am happy to hear the hotel was what you expected. I want to apologize for the long wait you experienced upon your return as this is completely unacceptable. Our shuttle does run at least twice an hour and I will look into this for you. A separate message was sent to you with my contact information and if you would be so kind to provide me with additional details on your return experience it would be very helpful to rectify this for future travelers and yourself on a future return.

Thank you again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This review is taking into account that I picked up an online discount deal that paid for a night at the hotel and up to 14 days of parking in their offsite lot. The discount price is equivalent to what I would have paid for long term parking at Park and Fly.

Service was very professional and friendly enough, and the room I had (a King bed with a pull out sofa bed) was spacious and clean. But the real key to these Park, Sleep, and Fly places is the system they use to get you parked, settled in, and shuttled to and from the airport. Carlingview had a system that worked just fine for me.

The parking: When I arrived, I was told that a shuttle bus would lead me in my car to an offsite parking lot. I prefer an onsite lot but I understand that most hotels can't accommodate all the cars they might get. The shuttle came every hour on the hour, in my case 9 p.m. The bus led our cars about 100 meters down the road and then turned down a side road behind a coffee shop, stopping in front of a chain fenced lot beside some warehouses. The lot has no lighting and it's unpaved meaning rather huge dips and bumps you have to navigate through very slowly as you find a spot. I hid from view everything I could inside my car, but otherwise I felt comfortable with the security of the lot. Then the shuttle bus took us back to the hotel.

They have a business centre in the lobby where you can use the internet to check in for your flight and print boarding passes.

The shuttle service to the airport is 24/7. The hotel has auto-wake up calls on request (a given requirement) and I was up at 3 a.m. to catch a 3:45 a.m. shuttle to the airport. The shuttle to the airport ran every half hour on the quarter hour which I think provides a fair enough window to get to the airport close to when you need to, The driver was friendly and alert (trust me, I've had "sleepy" shuttle drivers before...you don't want them) and helped with my bags.

Arrival shuttle service is on call. I rang the front desk at around 12:50 a.m. just as my bag dropped down the chute, walked to the shuttle area outside and was picked up at around 1:15 a.m. 10 minutes earlier would have been just perfect, but you can never get home fast enough when arriving at that time of night, tbh.

The same friendly driver picked me up, helped me with my bags again, and drove me back to the dark parking lot (I brought a pocket flashlight) to pick up my car. I was driving home by 1:30 a.m.

I actually don't live that far from Pearson Airport. I saw the deal online and it made sense to me knowing I didn't have to get up any earlier to drive myself in the middle of the night to the airport. Getting that extra hour or two of sleep was a bonus. So for the price, it was near perfect. I doubt I would do it at regular price (I'd imagine it might effectively double it), but if I lived further away, I'd consider it and recommend the hotel itself as a fine place to stay a night.

Room Tip: They have rooms that don't face the parking lot if you're concerned about car noise, especia...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear TreeNSquirrel, thank you for your review on Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our special promotion for Stopover guests. Our staff do a remarkable job with our stopover guests and we hope you had an enjoyable trip!
Look forward to welcoming you again.
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The room was quiet,comfortable and clean. The staff were very helpful. Shuttle service and parking was fine. The tzatziki, calamari and greek salad in the attached greek resturant was excellent. A perfect stop for weary travellers. Thank you Luba. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GeneGeneDancingMach, thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport. I will certainly pass on your kind words to Luba and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our Park and Fly stay at Hotel Carlingview on 20 Sep 12 was GREAT, and at only $79.00 through Jaunt it was truly the best price ever!
Check in was smooth and professional.
The Front Desk called up to our room when the shuttle arrived, and I followed it in my car to their long term parking located right behind the hotel.
The room was bright, cheerful, very clean and newly renovated; it was really a surprise to us!
The convenience of having a restaurant on site was outstanding and we really enjoyed Mr. Greek (reviewed separately).
Our sleep was excellent and we enjoyed the firm bed.
Wake up call was on time, coffee and pastry was waiting for us in the lobby at "O-Dark Hundred" (first time ever in any hotel, much appreciated) and the shuttle was on time to the minute, total professionalism!
Upon our return to Toronto, we called the number given, and made our way to C22 easily where we had the quickest pickup ever. The shuttle driver was very friendly and assisted us with our luggage, took us directly to the long term parking and assisted us with baggage and waited until we left the lot.
Fact is the entire package was less cost than the price of parking a vehicle, so seriously? When you factor in a great room, a good meal and a comfortable sleep before travelling, how can you go wrong?
In closing, this was the BEST price for the BEST service ever and I would recommend to anyone going on vacation who requires a park and fly service to try this service.
Cheers,
Paul

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelGMCourtyard, General Manager at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Paulshappy, thank you for your detailed review of our property. I will certainly post this for our hard working associates at Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport as I'm sure they will appreciate your kind words. We pride ourselves with our close proximity to Pearson International Airport, Complimentary Airport Shuttle and most importantly our great associates.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Anto Vrdoljak

Been to Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!