“Nice, Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 142 hotels in Toronto
Calgary, Canada
“Nice, Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this property. I've stayed a few times and it is a nice, quiet property. It's been updated in several areas, including a very nice lobby and the guest rooms are very well appointed. Comfy beds, very quiet rooms. This time the heating in my room was a bit stuffy so I didn't get my usual great sleep at this hotel but was still a good experience. The room rates when they don't have large groups in-house tend to be very reasonable. It's not particularly central to anything but isn't far from the 401 Highway. Good choice for anyone needing to stay in the area. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on a high floor away from elevators. Always get my request.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Kathryn W,
A renewing and peaceful escape is what we aim to provide and I'm delighted you experienced this first hand. I do apologize the ventilation was not functioning 100% and will have this looked into right away. We hope we can see you staying with us again and with the summer coming I would like to remind you that the outdoor pool will be opening soon, which will only enhance the relaxing atmosphere our property strives to deliver.

445 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for only 1 night in April of 2013. Checked in early and my room was ready, desk staff was very nice, but they referred to my King room as a Deluxe suite (this threw me off as a suite usually means bedroom). Anyways no harm no foul, the room was very nice, lots of room. One feature i did enjoy was a door between the hallway/bathroom and the living area. This blocked out noise as my room was right by the elevator and didnt hear a thing. The work desk was very spacious and allowed me to get my work done. The wired internet (lamp attached) did not work, neither did the power outlets in the lamp that forced me to find other outlets. I do believe Wifi should be included for the room rate considering the price of the room (Around $300). The bed was VERY comfortable. Bathroom was very nice with a glass shower and massage shower head. Fitness area was a good size for a hotel with a lot of different workout options, hot tub was not very hot, but still quite nice, although the fitness centre and hot tub was a little out of the way and required walking through the restaurant. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paul J,
Although a brief stay we are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of some of the services we provide. We are sorry to read about the power issues you experienced and our engineering team is looking into what may have happened. Only one thought comes to mind and it may assist when travelling in the future. Some hotels have dual light switches at the entrance of each guestroom. One will assist in operating the main light while the other will provide power to the desk lamp. It is not the case in every hotel or every guestroom however I have found this to be helpful information as it may not always be indicated. We hope we can see you staying with us later this year and if returning please feel free to connect with me so I may assist.
Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently enjoyed a 3 nights stay at the Westin Prince Toronto. I enjoyed every "heavenly" minute at this hotel. When I first checked in, I noticed that the heat wasn't working in my room. I called down to the front desk and maintenance was at my room in less than five minutes. After he determined that it was not working, he immediately called down to the front desk and arranged for me to move to another room. He went to the new room ahead of me and checked to make sure the heat was working in that room before I moved into it. While this hotel is outside of the Toronto City Center, there was lots to do and great restaurants nearby and nothing seemed too far away. The one fault? I was not a fan of the dinner I ordered from room service. The soup was way too spicy and the salad way overdressed in a spicy dressing. Is that enough to keep me from returning to this hotel? No way! The next time I need a hotel in this are, I will be staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
malakialj,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued insight. Also thank you for the great title "Heavenly". Along with our trademark Heavenly Beds we also strive to ensure the team provides a positive and refreshing experience and it's inspiring to read you were able to experience this. We are sorry that your dining experience did not meet your expectations and we have informed our Food and Beverage team of this. We hope you provide the hotel and our restaurant another try when in the area. If ever needing assistance, please feel free to call upon me directly.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very beautiful ambiance and environment- very restful surroundings. Once you enter the driveway, it is like entering a rich estate in the country- lots of trees, shrubs, flowers. It has its own hiking trail-- right in the city!!! Luxurious place.

Room Tip: corner rooms are sunny and more windows.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Terry E,
Being located on 15 acres of parkland does enable us to provide a relaxing experience while still being readily accessible to the rest of the city. We are delighted you found the grounds to enhance your stay and we are pleased to know that you truly enjoyed your time with us. We hope this was not a one time visit and look forward to you staying with us again in the future. Please let me know when returning so I may personally assist.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is always a pleasure to visit the Prince: we have been coming for many years. Always tastefully furnished, comfortable, helpful staff. As we age, we find the lighting level in the room a bit low, and at the main entrance to the hotel, it is really very,very dark. We always seem to manage to miss the entry from York Mills Road. More illumination please!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Samuel L,
Thank you for your continued loyalty and positive review. We are happy to be meeting your needs with respect to the product and service we provide. We will consult our Engineering team on the issues you highlight to see if we can improve upon the lighting. We hope to see you staying again soon and when returning please connect with me so I may personally assist.
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

One night stay at the Westin Prince Toronto. Very nice property. Looks like the entire hotel has been updated. The room was super. Nice and clean. This hotel is a great choice in the 401 / DVP area. Arthur and Lidija at the front desk were super nice and they are true ambassadors to this Westin property. I will for sure book it again when in Toronto!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Sens1992,
Great hotel and Great staff is a term we are inspired to hear. It goes without saying that achieving such a reference is our goal but it's great to see you personally witnessed the team at its finest. We have passed along your comments to Arthur and Lidija and we look forward to your next visit to Toronto.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me say this is a review of Priceline when one bids on a room as much as the Westin. I did not select the Westin as much as it was assigned to me pursuant to the Priceline bid criteria. I would have preferred a hotel downtown, but did bid on this hotel based upon its star rating and customer satisfaction level on Priceline. This hotel can be outstanding value when one bids on Priceline. I went with my wife for a getaway weekend. In the past with other hotels I ended up with a bed with two queen beds and the hotels have basically told me they would not change the room because I bid on Priceline. The Westin not only accommodated my request, but also upgraded our room to a higher floor and gave us a complimenatry tray of chocolate and fruit as I mentioned it was my anniversary.

This is not a brand new hotel. Nonetheless, the lobby has been remodeled and is impressive. I went downtown to one of the Intercontential Hotels for a quick comparison and determined the Westin Prince was heads and shoulders ahead for the lobby.

The service is perhaps the thing that stands out the most. The thing about service is that it is something that doesn't matter until you need it. This trip I had questions and it was really nice to see staff eager to help me.

Everyone's needs are different and this should be taken into consideration. One thing I really appreciate is a good gym facility when I go to a hotel. Unfortunately, the gym's equipment was a bit dated and crammed into a small space. Those who don't use the gym may not even have been aware of this. Relatively speaking, this is the type of upgrade that a large hotel chain like the Westin can fix for a relatively modest investment. This makes sense to me especially because they advertise they can provide gym clothes and shoes for rental at $5.25. If you are going to draw attention to something, make sure your audience has something to look at when they turn thier head. One small disappointment was I was looking forward to the breakfast buffet. I arrived at 8:45 am and was told the buffet was going to close in 15 minutes. Perhaps my fault for not asking but having the hours of the buffet posted or commuicated would have been nice.

Accross the street from the hotel are several nice restaurants and even a large Korean market around the corner. I ate at the Vietnamese restaurant and the food was excellent. So even though this hotel is not downtown there are still a number of restaurants nearby.

I made a conscious choice in having some unknowns when I booked through Priceline. When I take everythign into consideration the hotel was an outstanding value for what I paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dougandivy,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review. We are delighted that you found the hotel to be of good value and that you also found the team to be eager to assist. I have passed along your comments to them so they may see the results of a job well done. Enhancements to the Westin Workout are being looked at and we thank you for providing your perspective. We hope we can see you staying with us again and if returning please connect with me so I may personally assist.

Been to The Westin Prince Toronto? Share your experiences!