“Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

You added Windsor Arms Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Arms Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 St. Thomas Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E7, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
NYC
“Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this over-rated hotel.
The room prices are atrocious for a so-called 5-star hotel.
Greeting at the door was nice. Front desk amicable.
Very ghostly feeling with no punch to this hotel.
The setting dull, old. Looks like they have let the Arms go.
When my wife and I went into the steak restaurant we were greeted with an abrupt 'we are not open'. Not an inviting atmosphere.
Staff were hospitable but felt as if they were not entirely FOR the hotel.

I would never ever go back.
Again the room prices do NOT justify the stay.

Stayed June 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I enjoy trying different hotels in my travels. As I visit Toronto frequently, it is easy for me to try different properties, especially since Toronto has gotten a few new hotels in the past year or two.

Well, all I can say that trying different properties is not something I plan on doing again. There is absolutely nothing that compares to the Windsor Arms. It's a true boutique hotel with an amazing location, service and facilities. The Spa is incredible, the Bar is fun and the new restaurant, steak house, is the best. The Hotel suites are fab, spacious and sophisticated. None of this cheap and trendy stuff here.

Had a great time, staff knows my preferances and chatting with an A list movie star that tells me he always stays here just rounded out a great experience.

• Liked — large and spacious suites with the latest of technology. great restaurants, bar and spa
  • Disliked — not much in views--low building
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

When I walked into the front desk I was immediately checked in and my luggage taken to my room. I had a meal in their new steakhouse and was amazed with its ambiance and great food. It felt a lot like a restaurant in Tribeca in New York or a restaurant in Fashion Island in SoCal. The room was comfortable and room service was attentive. The drinks were potent and the staff at night was quite attentive. Most of all my MOm was with me and when she needed help it was immediate. I enjoy this place and I feel as though I never left my place California other than the snow.

• Liked — Internet
  • Disliked — View out of my room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

We stayed at the Windsor Arms for 2 nights December 21st & 22nd, 2007 in a 2 bedroom suite.

Check in was fast and friendly and we were escorted up to our suite (412) by a staff member who showed us where everything was (ie) the many light and sound controls throughout.

In our room there was a plate of Christmas Cookies waiting for us. The suite was very comfortable with a living room, with wide screen TV, master bedroom with wide screen TV, second bedroom with 2 twin beds, bathroom with shower and ensuite bathroom with jacuzzi tub.

The suite was spotless and well kept with everything you might need, the beds had whote fluffy duvets and there were plenty of towels, soaps, lotions etc and 4 robes for the 4 of us.

The doorman and front desk staff were all friendly & welcoming, room service was quick and efficient. We liked the location of the Windsor Arms just tucked away on a quiet street off busy Bloor Street and it's trendy shopping.

The hotel assisted us with luggage storage on our check out day and with restaurant reservations prior to arrival. We highly recommend the Windsor Arms.

• Liked — Lost of space for 2 adults & 2 teens, 3 Televisions, 2 bathrooms
  • Disliked — Our view was of industrial looking rooftops/vents
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

I really enjoyed my visit to the Windsor Arms spa. It's on the 4th and 5th floors of the hotel and has a lovely indoor pool and sauna. The services at the spa were great and the estheticians were quite good. The waiting area is quite small, but there is also a full gym and a terrace that you can enjoy in the summer. They can also order lunch in and there is an area where you can sit and eat it.

The spa was quiet and serene and not crazy busy, so it was a nice place to relax. My husband and I had a couples massage in a room with running water and side by side tables. Very relaxing. We then sat by the pool and enjoyed swimming in it together. It was a great way to spend the afternoon and just relax.

i would definitely go back and do recommend the spa to others.

Stayed April 2007
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite in this hotel in March 2006. The hotel is very small and has a boutique feel. It's quite intimate and quiet compared to many hotels in Toronto. The room was lovely and very relaxing. The service was good but not comparable to the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons. The spa is nice but certainly nowhere near as nice as the Park Hyatt's Stillwater Spa. All in all, we had a nice stay but I wouldn't return at those prices ($600 for the suite). The Four Seasons and Park Hyatt in Toronto have better rates, amenities, restaurants and service.

• Liked — Very private and quiet... room was peaceful
  • Disliked — Very pricey compared to other options in Toronto
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

I should have read the reviews first before allowing my travel agent to book me in at this hotel. It was the worst stay I have ever experienced in my life. It started upon my arrival with no doorman and having to bring my own bags in. There was three people standing at the front desk and no one offered to help, further more upon check-in the three people seemed more like a comedy act than a front desk. I was not escorted to my room nor asked if i would like to be escorted or needed help with my luggage.

Upon entering my room I noticed a pungent smell. The room appeared clean but was soon to find this was far from the truth. There was fresh lipstick on the duvet.

I strongly recommend that would be travellers rethink their stay at this particular hotel. I have informed my travel agent of my disapproval so she does not make the same mistake twice.

Another thing to note is this hotel says it is a four star, it is not, it has a three star rating, which is still too high of a rating.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Windsor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!