“They listen Good basic hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Town Inn Suites

Save Saved
You added Town Inn Suites to your Saves list
Town Inn Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   620 Church Street, Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Ranked #85 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Alberta
“They listen Good basic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and wrote an anonymous review after our first stay. Complained about towels. Second visit towels were good! They listen and try to improve. This is an older hotel in a great location. Some areas need to be cleaned and repainted but beds are clean and comfortable. Front desk and cleaning staff were helpful and friendly. Price is excellent for so close to downtown Toronto. Windows in the bedroom area of our suite were terribly dirty on the outside. Was not sure if that is common in older buildings in Toronto. The room was clean and comfortable. This hotel does a great job meeting our needs for a clean, comfortable place to sleep and relax after a day out in Toronto. Kitchen facilities allowed us to make breakfast and store snacks. I look forward to staying at this hotel for my next visit to Toronto and I feel confident that they will continue with their updating and improving process.
thank you. DB from Calgary

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floors and use the stairs to walk down. good exercise and faster tha...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for three days 27. Sept. - 30. Sept. 2012.

Lets be realistic: It's a 3 star hotel. If you expect a 5 star hotel for that price then...

Yes it is quite worn down, and I would love to see the place renovated, because the location is simply perfect.
And since the balconies were closed off due to renovation,
I expect that the management has acknowledged the need to renovate.

5 minutes walk to Younge St. - about 10 minutes to the subway.

I found the staff friendly and professional.

One complaint though:
Today free internetaccess is a minimum for travellers like me. I was astounded that I had to pay an additional cost of $12 a day!
Had I known that I would probably chosen to upgrade my stay to a 4 star hotel instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Mr Morgensen,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay. I was dissappointed to read that your recent stay gave cause to less positive comments. Let me assure you that we are continually renovating and upgrading our rooms and as for the balcony renovation this has been completed very recently and we have several new rennavation projects for 2013 as well.

On another note, I am happy that you enjoyed the convenient location and found our staff professional and helpful.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do no hesitate to contact me prior to arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time.

Warm regards,
Manager
shelley@towninn .com
Peterborough, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I got this hotel with two other friends cause of my 19th birthday. The only thing clean was the beds (thank god). The carpet in our room was pulled up so it was all bumpy. There is no chairs on the balcony. The wallpaper was peeling off. There was food splatter under the cupboards above our stove. There was pee on the bathroom floor where the pool was. The bottom of the pool is all brown and yellow... ew. When I checked in, the clerk noticed it was my birthday. Instead of wishing me a happy birthday he said we have a no party policy. I felt like saying back to him, you really think I would party in this place? It's an old apartment building! The only thing this hotel was good for was the location

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Sam
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our great central location but was disappointed to read that the room you stayed in was not to your satisfaction. I will be addressing your comments to the relevant departments.

Let me extend a belated Happy Birthday to you and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please contact me directly prior to arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time.

Warm Regards
Shelley@towninn.com
Manager
Airdrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Dirty floors, no locks on windows, dead bug on phone handset, smells musty, heating fan gave off a cooking cabbage smell that made me gag, filthy couch with lord knows what stains on it.
I don't really want to say anymore other than something small skittered across the floor and I got a bit on my stomach.
Only plus was the appologetic manager as I left the building!
A few million spent on that place and it could be a 5 star hotel/suite complex due to its proximity and staff

Room Tip: Just don't book there and if you do....check room first
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear MrsLePew
Thank you for sharing the observations of your stay. I was very dissappointed to read that your recent stay gave cause to less positive comments, and that you found the room to be unsatisfactory. Please accept my apologies for that, as this is certainly not our usual high standard. On another note I am happy that you enjoyed our location and found our staff helpful.
My apologies again, we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Town Inn Suites and please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival so I can ensure your expectations are met this time,
Warm regards
Shelley, manager shelley@towninn.com
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Had a great 3 day mini holiday and stayed at Town Inn Suites. Very helpful ,friendly staff. The suite was awesome, except for a few minor cosmetic things. Would definitely stay there again and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Toronto.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Given its ideal/central location, we had booked a 2 bedroom suite, with living and full kitchen facilities, for 11 days' stay in Toronto on our recent visit. Although we had a handful of difficulties with rooms/suite -- and the hotel is in the midst of some upgrades of its facilities which are indeed much need -- the situation was effectively resolved by prompt and effective actions of a couple of front-desk staff and more especially those of its General Manager, Mr. Maged Girges and also its other manager, Mr. Green, who were both always kind, considerate, and did everything possible to not lose us and move to another location.

In light of the above experience, we would certainly go back. R.C. Bhatia

Room Tip: Newly renovated rooms, although a comparatively expensive, are recommended.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Was only staying one night so wanted a reasonably priced place in a good location. This hotel fit the bill completely at less than $130.

Received excellent service right from the start - check in was fast, front desk guy was friendly, and I was upgraded to a completely renovated queen suite. Had no problem with any of the 3 elevators and the room itself was spacious, clean, and modern with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, flat screen tv, new bathroom, new furnishings and dark hardwood flooring - just like living in your own condo.

Location of hotel is perfect. Safe area, nearby restaurants and shopping, and within easy walking distance to a main subway station.

Breakfast is not included, but I booked with Booking.com and their rate (which was the same rate offered on the hotel site) included a continental breakfast. Unfortunately, breakfast is served down in the dungeons - in the dark, dreary basement. It is not your typical 'help yourself' continental breakfast. A server provides you with 2 slices of toast, a muffin, and a little side plate of fruit - very basic but does the job. Juice and coffee/tea are also available.

There is a fee to use Wi-fi, but the front desk staff were helpful enough to let me use their computer to check into my flight the next day, which was greatly appreciated.

Overall - very pleased with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear ScreamingBanshee

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will return and become a regular guest of ours.

Warm regards,
shelley@towninn.com

Been to Town Inn Suites? Share your experiences!