“Marriott - Eaton Center - Fabulous Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel

You added Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   525 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rochester, NY
“Marriott - Eaton Center - Fabulous Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2006

Just stayed here for a long weekend. From the moment we arrived until we left, the staff was exceptional - totally flawless! Make sure you see Ralph in JW's Steakhouse if you go.

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

Made reservations more than three months in advance and requested a room with two beds and a high floor. When we arrived, the front desk representive looked at me and my friend and said "One King size bed, right?" - which seemed an inappropriate assumption for her to make about the two male guests in front of her - when I informed her that we wanted two beds and had requested such in our reservation three months earlier she told us that there were no rooms with two beds available and the best she could do was send up a roll away bed. So our options were to sleep together in the king size bed or for one of us to sleep on a small, uncomfortable roll away. Furthermore, we were not even given the requested high floor - instead we received a room on the 8th floor of an 18 story hotel. While the lady at the front desk was polite and professional, she was not the least bit helpful and her attitude was "take it or leave it".

It did not get much better inside the room - the air conditioning seemed to work only intermittently going from extremes of hot and cold. On the final night of our stay a fire alarm went off in the hotel at 2:15AM and continued to go off for 45 minutes until they received an all clear from the fire department.

My final costs for this room were over $900 for three nights and I feel I could have received better service at a cheap airport motel.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2006

My husband and I are in our late 20's and stayed at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre in early June. I have to admit that I am usually very worried about hotels and their cleanliness... but this hotel was extremely clean. The maid service was excellent and very prompt. We experienced no problems in this area -- like we usually do in other hotels.

The hotel staff was very friendly and offered great service. This was our first time in Toronto, and they were very helpful in guiding us to certain places that we asked about... restaurants, shopping, bars, etc. This hotel has a great location and allowed us to walk to all places we wanted to go.

The breakfast that is served at the hotel is wonderful!! It is a little expensive, but they offer a great variety. Unlike many other hotel breakfasts, this one actually has good food!

One restaurant that you must visit - if you are interested in Italian food - is Terroni. The hotel staff may act like they don't know where it is... but it's on Queen St. For some reason, when we asked about it, they acted like they never heard of it - but it was packed, and they have awesome food!

• Stayed June 2006
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2006

I stayed at the Marriott in mid-June for one night on a business trip. It is adjacent to the Eaton Centre mall, and across the street from the Toronto city hall. This makes it an ideal location for vacationers, but a bit far if you have meetings in the main business district in the downtown core (although it's not too bad for that).

I hesitate to start with a description of a not-so-good experience, but the staff response to the not-so-good experience was handled so well that in the end, I left the hotel quite impressed. The issue I had is that the phone system in some of the rooms was not functioning when I checked in. The front desk clerk told me about it, and said the hotel would pay for a calling card for me if I wished to make calls. I thought that was OK, so I accepted the room and settled in. I tried to hook up my computer to the internet in the room afterwards, but I found that this was not working either because of the phone line issue. I called the customer service person (with my cell phone!) and said that I really needed to do some work on my computer and I asked whether they could not speed up the repair on the line. The customer service person was quite apologetic and told me that she would see what she could do. A few minutes later this person came to my room and handed me a key to another room that happened to have its line fixed already for that night. I moved, and everything was then OK. I thought that the service response was great - I have never had someone come to my room to hand me another key.

The room itself was up to Marriott's usual standards - well done, not over-the-top luxurious, but very nice. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night's sleep.

I recommend this hotel, especially if you want to do a bit of shopping.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Carriere, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

In light of the strength of the Canadian dollar and on shopping for rates we were able to stay here for under 100 dollars a night inculding a made to order breakfast served in a very pleasant restaurant. The hotel is a short walk to Eaton Centre, We also walked to the Hockey Hall of Fame ,and the Skydome..although at night I would take a cab.

• Stayed July 2002
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2006

My sister and I were in Toronto for a family emergency. The hotel is wonderfully located to all metro hospitals and when some very important down time is needed the Eaton Center mall is attached so you do not have to worry about the weather or putting on a coat. The service was exceptional, the beds VERY comfortable and the room is really nice size. There is a lovely indoor pool and Jacuzzi on the roof as well. I will stay here again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2006
sarnia ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

My sisters and i went to toronto for the weekend and stayed at the marriott hotel next to the eatons mall and loved it. The room was very clean and they where very helpful with extra towels and glasses.The staff were very friendly and helpful with finding us something to do and where to eat. We would go back anytime we travel to toronto.

Been to Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!