“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel

Save Saved
You added Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel to your Saves list
Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   525 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Ontario Canada
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Dec 8-9.
Great location - only a 10 minute walk from Front Street and only a 20 minute walk up Yonge to Bloor Street, if you want to shop Yorkville. Hotel has walkway to Sears in the Eaton Centre so this made shopping a breeze.

Hotel staff was super friendly. Room was fine and beds were clean and comfortable.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

An plain / ageing hotel that is being overshadowed by newer hotels opening in its vicinity.

The staff are excellent and the service good.

The lack of a free wifi is annoying.

Within walking distance of excellent restaurants as on Elm Street...right next to Eaton Center for shoppers which is useful if one is attending a meeting and one's spouse is kicking her heels.

Room Tip: The suite that I had was spacious...bedroom, bathroom ( could be modernized) and sitting room althou...
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed the Eaton Marriott for Friday night of the 2012 CFL Grey Cup celebration and had a great time. The location was perfect for all of the activities at Nathan Philip Square, and was a close walk to the Metro Convention Centre. Our King room with a pullout couch had plenty of space, and the lobby, with it nice fireplace by the bar, was a good place to relax with a drink. It's best attribute was location, location, location! Not cheap, but certainly better value than the elegant, but tired, Royal York where we stayed Saturday and Sunday. In hindsight, even though the Royal York had tradition on it's side, I'd have chosen the Marriott for the whole weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a Saturday night in order to do some shopping. We were unable to check in at the prescribed 3:00 pm (annoying) however, we decided to do some shopping and were able to check in at 4:30 pm. The room is nice. Comfy king size bed with nice pillows and fresh linens. Bathroom was standard. Awakened at 2 am for a couple hours by the people next door being loud and annoying. Walls seem very thin. It was not a pleasant thing.
Had breakfast delivered by room service and it was hot and on time. Excellent portion sizes and the breakfast was really delicious and worth the price! Overall it was an ok stay. Excellent location. I would maybe try a different place next time.

• Stayed November 2012
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were to stay at the hotel on the Friday and Saturday of the Remembrance Day weekend but had car troubles and were only able to make it up on Saturday. They allowed us to stay the Saturday and Sunday instead with no issues whatsoever. As well it was my birthday and they sent up a bottle of wine, some cheese, crackers and fruit. The best touch of it all is that I got a personalized birthday card that was signed by about 12 of the staff members. They were exceptionally accomodating as well when I forgot my jacket with my keys in and sent it off by mail for me with no complaints and no expectations of me paying. Overall I have to say that although the hotel is like any nice hotel, the way we were treated went above and beyond anything that I could have believed. Add that it is centrally located and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone at anytime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We'd stayed there in the past and had enjoyed the clean rooms, friendly staff, and the proximity to the Eaton Centre but our last trip sadly ended in disaster due to a veritable maelstrom of loud and inconsiderate guests in the adjoining room and the room across the hall.

Friday night we were woken at 2:30 am by a pack of loud, obnoxious women who were having a party in the room across the hall. We called the front desk and they sent up hotel security to ask them to quiet down. Saturday night we were woken at 12:30 am by the same wonderfully considerate folks across the hall. After half an hour of intermittent cackling and slamming doors and screeching in the hall outside, we were regretting our choice of hotel.

At 3:00 am we were woken by another party - this time in the room next door! I called downstairs to complain only to discover that the phones weren't working?! So I had to get dressed and go down to the lobby to speak to the manager (who was, by the way, very gracious and apologetic, and who eventually moved us to a new (quieter) room on another floor once the computers came back online about ten minutes later. We eventually fell asleep for a couple short hours in the new room (which was merciful) until we were roused around 8:00 am by a fire alarm. Needless to say, we didn't exactly have a good night`s sleep (which is kinda the main point of a hotel room). You will all appreciate that this is not the fault of the hotel or the staff, who were very gracious, apologetic and did take action to remove the unregistered guests from the room next door at 3 in the morning. However, given the selection of hotels in T.O., I doubt we will ever return to this hotel. The price point is extremely good for a hotel right next to the Eaton Centre. In fact, it's probably a little too good, which means this place may tend to attract the sort of boorish guests from a certain element of society that I am not too fond of (at least not in my current sleep-deprived state). Advice to Marriott: time to renovate the rooms and jack up the prices!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet floor
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My stay was surprisingly pleasant. Before I got there, they lost the last night of my reservation. The lady who answered the phone when I called to get it fixed was not at all helpful & said I would just have to stay somewhere else. Only after complaining about it on Twitter was I able to get my reservation fixed. So my expectations were low upon arrival. But I have to say I was pleased. United lost my luggage and the staff was great about putting up with my continual requests that they check and see if it had arrived yet, and the concierge gave me expert advice on where to go in the mall in order to get clothes and toiletries during my stay. He really is superb at what he does.

Negatives were a lumpy mattress that needs replacing, and a daily internet charge of around 20 CAD once you add in tax. As a business traveler, a cost this exorbitant for internet is a breaking point for future stays, especially as it wasn't even wi-fi, chaining me to the desk for the whole time I was working. It was also from noon to noon, not midnight to midnight, meaning you essentially had to pay 40 bucks for one day of work. I highly recommend they look into wi-fi or lower costs. Or at least telling people before they budget for an already slightly expensive room that they should add on that much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!