“Hilton Toronto” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Hilton Toronto”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Location is convienent, nice pool. Rooms are dated, cleaning staff did a poor job of cleaning (still tipped each day out of courtesy). We ran out of hot water one morning. No WiFi, no free breakfast ... very expensive considering what you pay for room rates. My biggest beef is we are a family of 5 and we needed a cot and they gave us a total hassle considering when I booked with Hilton on the phone they said it would not be a problem getting one. I will not book with Hilton Toronto again. The annoying thing is I recently stayed in Las Vegas at a Hilton and it was great. Free WiFi, free breakfast, great service, nice rooms so I am extremely disappointed with the discrepancy between the US and Canadian experiences.

Dear Kevin,
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. In June we are starting a room renovation, which we are looking forward to. I will use your feedback to make further improvements to our service.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a March break family "Staycation". Hotel offered good value and an excellent location. Rooms on the executive floor were well appointed and the indoor/outdoor pool and nicely equipped fitness centre were most welcome. Hotel is very well located in the heart of downtown.

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for sharing information about your Staycation! Glad to hear your family had a great time!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I really appreciate how many of the staff recognize me and call me by name when I arrive. Especially Mary and Jim in the Lounge who also remember my preferences. I have been staying at this hotel for many years and it seems to be getting better year after year.

Dear Joseph,
Thank you for your comments! I will share them with Mary and Jim!!
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

A strange hotel experience for sure! I've spent over 1000 nights in hotels and this was one of the strangest ones ever. Public areas are as expected. Room was nice and as expected. I was in a concierge floor room so it was all fresh and new and seemed nice upon checkin. Service was also good.

The weird part was that I've never been in a 3 star or better property where the water temperature was so erratic. It was crazy. I stayed there for 7 nights and on 2 mornings my shower started out luke warm and ended up freezing. On several other mornings it went from scalding to tepid and back. Hotels usually have virtually limitless hot water and pressure regulators to avoid this very scenario. I was with a large group and several others had the exact same experience. Others still told me that they could not keep their shower cool enough to be comfortable. Crazy!

The other strange fact was that I stayed in February and it was below freezing the entire time and very cold. My room was always warm or hot. I had the thermostat at 68 for a few nights but it never cooled at all. I lowered it and it was exactly the same the entire time.

Needless to say between sweating through the night and freezing in the shower I would most definitely not return.

Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Klug:
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that you experienced such an uncomfortable environment. I am looking into this with my Engineering team. If you were here around Feb 26-28, we did experience a problem with one of our boilers that did affect the water tempersture in several rooms of the hotel.
Corona, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed here for business for 3 days and the hotel is in a perfect downtown location for walking downtown Toronto. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. The Executive Lounge has wonderful views of the city. The bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed the breakfast in the restaurant in the hotel. There are lots of other restaurants nearby.

Parking is very expensive: Self-park can reach $59/day depending on when you arrive and leave.
I was better off doing valet - it was $40/day, but I don't remember if you request and have your car parked at will using valet - I never moved the car until I checked out.

I was surprised to be charged for a beer in the Executive lounge. I don't remember there being a charge before at other Hilton hotels - maybe this is something new or I haven't had a beer in the Executive Lounge in quite some time.

Lastly, I am a very light sleeper. There was a slight humming noise on my floor (and a few others that I walked on) and it hums all day long - you can feel the vibration in the floor. I think that it may be a generator or something that resonates throughout the building. You can only here it when it's very quiet - like at night when you are in your room and the TV is turned off.
The front desk kindly offered me another room on another floor, but I heard the noise on that floor as well. Luckily, I take sleep medicine and slept all night after taking my medicine (I also where ear plugs). But, if you're not a light sleeper, the light noise won't bother you.

I enjoyed my stay.

Dear ILoveToRoam:
Thank you for your review of Hilton Toronto! We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel is a good location, staff are super nice, breakfast is a really nice buffet with lots of choice. My only complaint is that the beds are new mattresses of the VERY soft kind. All the rooms have the same mattresses so if you have a bad back or sleep on your stomach do not stay here. Otherwise, it's a nice place. The staff was really nice, not charging me when I decided I really had to move after 2 nights. So, if you don't mind soft mattresses then this is a nice hotel to stay at. Close to the Eaton Centre, Union station, and walking distance to everything.

Dear canadian_2:
Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to inform you that we are getting new mattresses for the hotel later this year. We generally order extra firm matresses as they have to withstand so many years of use. I do hope you will come back again and give our new mattresses a try!
Adrian, Michigan
1,520 reviews 1,520 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a very good choice in downtown Toronto. It often offers very good rates for the type of hotel it is. This property is conveniently located on University and Richmond within easy walking distance of multiple dining options. I have stayed at this hotel four or five times and have been quite happy each time. On this occasion, I was checked in early with no problem. My room was clean, quite spacious and well equipped (iron and board, coffee maker, etc.). The WiFi worked well throughout my stay with no hitches. The number of TV stations was more than adequate. My bed was quite comfortable allowing me to sleep well each night I was there. My one complaint about this hotel is that the breakfast offered in the lounge is not particularly good with regard to selection. However, they were willing to give me vouchers for the Tundra restaurant this time since I am a Diamond member. I found the offerings there to be much better. My check out was quite quick and efficient. My hotel rate on this occasion was very good for the location. Overall, this is a very good option if you need a hotel in downtown Toronto.

Dear Debbie K:
Thank you for reviewing Hilton Toronto. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!