“Very good...but pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good...but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

You could argue that for the price of the room, you should get top quality, and you'd be right of course, but this is not always the case. Fortunately for me, my visit to the Hilton Toronto was pretty good. I was given a corner room on a HHonours floor. The room was spacious, with king bed, sofa, chair, TV, desk, and a decent sized bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the desk usable, and the room was clean (although the sofa looked as though it was quite worn). Nits to pick: two bed-side lights didn't work; the design of the shower and curtain practically guaranteed water would flow from the surround to the bathroom floor; the TV quality was marginal, and the clock was hard to see next to the bed (why do hotels use crappy quality clock radios?). Good things: size of the room and cleanliness was very good, the curtains were effective, the bed was great. The service was generally excellent, from the checkin to the checkout. I'll stay again, although the price can be a bit daunting depending on when you book.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brutus58:
Thank you for your feedback on the guest room at Hilton Toronto! I will share your comments with my team so that we may make improvements to the items that you mentioned. We hope to see you again!
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Although I miss the old days with the complimentary bar in the lounge, it still has a nice spread for breakfast and in the afternoon.
This hotel is consistent, very convenient to downtown and DIAs usually get an upgrade to a nicer room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear ckccan:
Thank you for posting a review on your stay at Hilton Toronto! You will be pleased to know that we will be renovating our Executive Lounge in the next few months! Unfortunatly we can't give out free alcohol in the lounge according to local liquor laws. We hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I found this property to be very clean. The staff was very helpful and willing to find solutions if there were any issues. This was my first event at this property and the staff, service and food were all excellent. Our hotel rate was comparable to other hotels, it is in a great location in downtown Toronto. I would recommend the Hilton Toronto!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sandra:
I appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at Hilton Toronto! I will share them with my team!
Kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had a business trip in Toronto and ended up staying at the Hilton. The king size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a gorgeous walk-in shower (no bathrub). I particularly appreciated the excellent lighting and well-appointed desk, which made it much easier to work on my files. The hotel has some lovely touches, including an indoor/outdoor pool. Given that the weather was brutally cold (-31 degrees Celsius), I chickened out. Great fitness centre. The elevators are glass, which allows a nice view of Toronto west of downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors, as downtown Toronto traffic can be noisy.
Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear TiredCanadian:
Thank you for reviewing Hilton Toronto! I hope you make time to come back and enjoy the pool and our beautiful patio in the summer!
Novelty OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visiting Toronto for the very first time - on a super cold weekend! The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. The lobby area cocktail lounge was very cold due to drafts from the main lobby entrance. We later discovered that there were other areas we could have sat and enjoyed our cocktails but no one ever offered that info - so we sat in our coats for over an hour until it became too unbearably uncomfortable. But the hotel is very attractive, our room was spacious and lovely, very convenient to the theater area, subterranean shopping and accessible to subway and area restaurants. We walked to the Aquarium, to the CN Tower and to the Second City Show. All in all we would make the trip again in better weather, we have a great list of attractions to search out in warmth and sun!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear 57maro:
I am pleased to hear about your wonderful stay at Hilton! I hope you do make plans to come back and visit our city in the summer! There is so much to do like going to Centre Island, Taking in a Baseball game and even doing the Edge Walk on top of the CN Tower!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel staff was pleasant, the accommodations were accurate, the room was clean and above average. I was offered water at check-in. The valet staff allowed me to park in front and deal with my bags with no issues before returning downstairs to move my car. I asked for champagne glasses which were in my room in the time it took me to move my car. Every employee I encountered was courteous and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was my first stay at this particular Hilton and I would stay many times again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Nadine L:
Thank you for your wonderful comments! i will share them with my Team Members!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

clean and comfortable. No coffee shop which would have been nice. restaurant for breakfast was convenient. A great food choices and service recognizing busyness of business travellers. Convenient location. Cabs plentiful, bell staff prompt and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear FlyFraser:
I appreciate the time you took to write this review! I am pleased to say that we are opening a Starbucks in our lobby in April! Hope you come back and give it a try!
Director of Operations

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!