“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Hilton downtown Toronto was in a great location for walking to the Rogers Centre for a concert and to the Eaton Centre for shopping. Enjoyed our stay, nice pool area outside. Only drawback is the extra charge to use the internet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Although the Hilton brand does not include WiFi access in all rates as a standard amenity, many packages are available which will include this service along with many other "value adds" which I would recommend for anyone wishing to utilize WiFi access and for whom the 6 complimentary lobby computer stations are not convenient.

Should your future travel plans include Toronto, we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Hilton for 4 days, for a business trip. It is at the heart of everything (business, entertainment, sightseeing, etc.). Location is great. The staff was very polite and helpful. Overall, I cannot complain but there are some issues that can be improved.

The rooms are old-fashioned and needs renovation. It was surprising that there wasn't a minibar in the room! I gave my shirts for pressing but they came back with almost the same wrinkles. I should have done my own ironing.

I've stayed at better-looking Hiltons. I can advise Hilton Toronto if you catch a good deal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression with the condition of your guest room, the absence of a mini bar and the service provided by our dry cleaners. We will use your comments as "food for thought" about changes we can implement to improve our on-property experience.

We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you again, should your travel plans bring you back to Canada, and include downtown Toronto in the future. Have a great day!

Seymour, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I visited the Hilton in Toronto for a quick overnight business trip in May. I chose this hotel because of the great reputation of Hilton Hotels and I was certainly not disappointed. After a long day of travel I retreated to my room to find everything was clean and comfortable. The staff members were very friendly and accommodating. I was able to connect easily to their WiFi and FaceTime with my kiddos back home. There is a restaurant onsite, but we opted to walk to a great restaurant nearby. The bed was very comfortable affording me a great night's sleep. The next morning I awoke early to start my day to a delicious breakfast via room service. The food was excellent and prepared exactly as ordered. When it was time to depart there was a cab waiting just outside the door to pick us up and take us to the office. I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available. You get a great view of th ce city.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Ginger:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again, should your future travels bring you back to Canada, and more specifically, to the downtown Toronto area! Have a wonderful weekend! Andy Loges, General Manager
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to take a weekend trip to Toronto in late May for the Blue Jays/Orioles game. Without knowing what part of town would be best to stay in, we read up on some travel tips for the city and then chose to stay at the Hilton Toronto. I am glad we chose this hotel. It was very convient to Rogers Stadium/CN Tower. It was about a 10 minute walk to the stadium. We never used our car for the whole weekend, because everything else was within walking distance. There is a lot of city traffic in Toronto that you would probably want to walk or take public transportation anyway. Parking was $30/day at the hotel (w/o valet). I think we saved a bit by not taking our car out of the garage for the whole weekend, because we only had to pay $54 upon exiting.

The hotel itself was clean and inviting. The front desk staff was friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable, as well.

The hotel has a Ruth Chris Steakhouse. The steakhouse is in a wierd location. It is on the basement floor tucked back in the corner. It would be nice if Ruth Chris was on the top floor of the hotel...maybe to see a view of the city. (But then again, I guess that's what the CN Tower is for). We did dine at Ruth Chris. It is on par with any other Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again, as it was clean and confortable and within walking distance to Rogers Stadium, Eaton Center, Yonge Street, etc.

Room Tip: If you stay on one of the higher floors, there is a scenic elevator that will give you a nice view o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services, location and accommodations at the hotel!

We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Have a great week!

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I must say the week end that i came into Toronto to stay at the Hilton downtown the city was buzzing there was so much going home, even the hotel was very busy but even with that being said the customer service that was offered was top notched with the staff at the hotel. I enjoyed my stay as always

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share with with our team!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto! Have a great week!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and i stayed here for two nights in early June. The hotel is very well located - its within walking distance of most places downtown. We parked the car, and walked everywhere.

The hotel room was roomy and clean. We were on the 16th floor, and the only issue was the elevator labour dispute. That wasn't the fault of the hotel.

The pool was very nice. Half of it is inside, and the other 1/2 is outside.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member:

And thank you for being so understanding about the elevator labour dispute....you are correct in your statement that it was not the fault of the hotel. Regretfully, the entire union of elevator technicians in Toronto is currently on strike and we do have slower than normal wait times for the service on these devices. Hopefully, the situation will be resolved sooner, rather than later!

We greatly appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon! Have a wonderful week! Andy Loges, General Manager
St Thomas, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton downtown Toronto for the past 5 years at the same time for the same convention and each year and it keeps getting worse .. this year I was lied to by staff saying he was the manager and turns out it was a server not management at all. The hotel room was dirty, the shower had no door, the in room dining was very undercooked, elevators were broken we had to cart all of our belongings downstairs to parking .. absolutely ridiculous for a hotel that's suppose to be the best of the best !!! NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ashley:

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we sincerely apologize for the incidents which caused your most recent stay to fall short of your expectations.

I know that a member of our management team reached out and responded to you last week. We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you again, should your travel plans include downtown Toronto in the future. Have a wonderful week.

Andy Loges, General Manager

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!