“Great hotel and great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

Save Saved
You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from just $149!
Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Carbonear, Canada
“Great hotel and great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Got a great rate through priceline.com and wasn't disappointed. The scent of fresh roses filled the lobby (Valentine's weekend). Our room was very spacious and bed was comfortable. We had an excellent view of the CN Tower. We didn't rent a car but were able to walk to the Eaton Centre, the theatre and the Air Canada Centre. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the elevator for less noise even though we didn't find it too bad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a wonderful weekend....

Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

It all started as a grandma-and-grandpa Christmas present for our two sons and their families. We gave the each a ticket to a theatre show and covered the stay at the Hilton Toronto downtown..... plus grandma and grandpa got to go along.
We did not want anything to go wrong and nothing did.
I booked through Expedia, although if I was guaranteed the best possible price by the Hilton Toronto I would have booked through them.
The price per room was excellent, considering the location and the amenities.
We arrived just after noon on a Saturday, two carloads of us, with a third carload to arrive later. It was early and check-in wasn't until 3 p.m., but I asked if we could get into our rooms anyway.
Shanel was the first person we dealt with and she was able to give us one room, in advance of normal check-in time and assure us that the second room would be nearby on the 20th floor. The third room would be available later, she noted.
I have been to excellent hotels in Canada, the U.S.A., England, Holland and Myanmar. The Hilton Toronto downtown - thanks for starters to Shanel - ranked way up there with the best of them.
We were able to put luggage for two-thirds of our entourage into one room and head off to explore downtown via the PATH. The PATH is an underground network that allows you to walk for miles (kilometres) without having to face the snow and the minus-15-degree temperatures (as they were that day!). On the weekends, many of the stores, food courts and restaurants, on the PATH system are closed. But the walkways are open and it is fun to find your way!
We walked to the Eaton's Centre and back.....all underground.
We had not booked our dinner at the Hilton Toronto, because one of my sons knew of a restaurant to which he wanted to go......but next time, we'll dine at the Hilton now that we know how good it is. (Mind you, the prices are going to be a lot more than most of us are used to; but think of it as a special occasion! Breakfast, through room service would be between $25 and $28, which I suspect is usual for a hotel of this fine calibre.)
That afternoon, the other third of our entourage checked in flawlessly and got settled.
That evening, we all spent time enjoying the indoor-outdoor pool. Other people were there too and everybody was respectful of each other. There were clean towels aplenty and washrooms, lockers and a sauna adjacent to the pool. There is also a health club at the hotel with training equipment and while it beckoned through the glass door, looking good, we did not use it.
It was quite spectacular to go through the flap which divides the indoor pool from the outdoor pool and to have snowflakes falling on one's head. The pool is not deep and it isn't large either, but it is ample for the purpose. Bonus....it is heated! The grandkids were impressed.
Housekeeping at the Hilton Toronto downtown is impeccable. I have had lots of experience being both a guest at hotels and also running a bed-and-breakfast for five years, so I know clean and tidy has to mean clean and tidy. The bathrooms were well appointed with towels and soap and shampoo....everything one would need.
The coffee maker in our room was a two-cup machine and you could brew one cup at a time if you wanted to do it that way. There was also tea.
Downstairs at the Hilton, there is a little convenience store and also a beauty salon adjacent to a very high-end gift shop. The latter I am certain would meet your needs if you are looking for souvenir clothing and such.
In my time at the Hilton Toronto Downtown I also dealt with a Douglas at the front desk. He was helpful, prompt and professional; as well as friendly like the other staff members.
Running a big hotel in the heart of the city is no easy feat. Everything has to click together like clockwork and at the Hilton Toronto Downtown, they made every effort to ensure that we were looked after.
I particularly appreciated that when I had e-mailed in advance of going to Toronto, expressing the request for rooms on a higher floor (to thrill the grandkids), I got an e-mail back. Very professional and it gave us confidence in the hotel. So we highly recommend it.
Parking was easy to find, right of the Richmond Street entrance, and elevators (or stairs, your choice) bring you up to the hotel lobby area. Our parking cost, for our car, was $18.00.
There are also "scenic" elevators which run on the outside of the hotel and have glass sides allowing splendid views of nearby Toronto. Big-time stuff to the visitors, such as us, who come from flatter, quieter communities elsewhere in Ontario.
All in all, the Hilton Toronto surpassed our expectations.

Room Tip: If you like scenic views, ask the staff for a room on a higher floor and ask their advice on which w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ....

WOW .... what a review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto!

We will also be sure to share your team member experience, specifically highlighting Shanel and Douglas with our hotel community as a great example of how the "little things" make a big difference to our guests.

Our team works very hard to share our founder Conrad Hilton's mantra "to share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest and I'm thrilled that you felt this spirit during your time with us.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your future travel plans include Toronto.

Have a wonderful day.

Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

True - ist impressions are lasting, which is why the Toronto Hilton spent a Gazzilion on their lobby and public space in the past decade. Looks great, thats the good news. But the owners need to write some re-furb cheques for guestrroms and "git er done" sooner than later.

The guestroom I reecently had on the 29th floor, albeit large and spacious, was noticeably out dated. Bathrooms are small, fixtures are old, case goods dated and the lighting was poor. No issues with comfort of bed, and Television was OK, not great reception but gets a pass.

Ordered room service breakfast twice, and once was completely messed up and asked and received a credit. Not sure why they dont cut their toast corner to corner before serving to guest - thats standard I would think. Coffee was good tasting but not hot enough.

Gym was good, mind you there were tow personal trainers working with their clients in the hotel gym - not sure about the security factor on this - but they were nice people, do they sign in somewhere ?

Lastly, and most frustrating was lack of free wi-fi for guests. They jam you $15.00 a day !! Never heard of this in chains like this - they shuold simply tack on a cost to the rates and avoid the complaints like this. I have to believe everyone expects free wi-fi in hotels these days.

Elevators are fast enough, but its tough for old folks like me to see the buttons, The buttons need to be better lit, they are metal on metal and difficult to see unless you get very close to them.

Staff was very nice and courteous. Am an HHonors member and will stay again but they need to address the above points.

Room Tip: Ask for a most renovated room.
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience via TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your candid feedback on our amenities as well as the look and feel of our guestrooms and we will keep your comments in mind as we look towards future changes and renovations.

We hope you will return to visit us and see our improvements should you travel through our area again in the future.

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Usually stay at a nearby large hotel - booked through HOTWIRE so had this hotel instead. Very pleasantly surprised: calmer atmosphere, more elegant sorroundings and excellent bar and restaurants.On THE PATH, so getting around was easy. Delightful pool --warm---some people even swam outside under snowflakes. The glass elevator was fun, too. Would go there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel ... specifically, the bar, restaurants, location, indoor/outdoor pool and scenic elevator ... were able to meet your expectations!

We love being connected to the underground PATH system ... makes it so easy to get around, especially when the weather is less than perfect!

Have a great day!

Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for 3 days and was very let down because of the lack of cleanliness. The bathroom was the worst, hairs on the toilet, floor was dirty, door had dirt below the door handle, panel below the sink had caked on gunk and the bathtub was abysmal. The hallways seemed to always have dirty carpet.

I went to the lounge a couple of time s and the service was mediocre at best. I also ordered dinner from room service and I would have to say it was disappointing as well.

My colleagues had similarly to worse experiences as I did.

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please do accept our most sincere apologies; we are truly sorry that the condition of your guestroom was obviously not within Hilton brand standards and this is certainly not conducive of the level of service which our team strives to deliver.

Our housekeeping team has been made aware of the condition of your room and will make the necessary changes to ensure the quality environments expected from our brand are maintained.

Also, we regret that your experience in the lounge and the dinner you ordered from Room Service did not meet your expectations. Rest assured, we will review your comments with our respective teams as part of their continued training and development. Your honest and constructive criticisms will help to accelerate our efforts.

We hope this stay will not tarnish your opinion of our property or the brand as a whole and that you may give us another opportunity to "Make it Right" and show the quality hospitality and accommodations that the Hilton name is renowned for.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've stayed at the Hilton two or three times and enjoyed it each time. The rooms were well kept and clean. We've always found good deals, as well. On one trip, we had an executive floor room, which came with a really nice breakfast in the executive lounge. You could also have drinks/appetizers there in the evening, but my son was too young to accompany me! ; )
Great location--close to King Street, Queen Street, the Esplanade, Yonge Street, etc. You're also close to the subway, which is always clean and nice to ride. Lots of good restaurants in the area, too.

Room Tip: Executive floors are worth the extra price.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto ... specifically, you've stayed several times and had a positive experience each time and enjoy our central downtown location.

We do hope that you will visit us again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a wonderful day!

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at this property on almost a weekly basis, and I've seen it change quite a bit over the past 5 years. With their latest set of changes, the renovation of the lobby bar and removal of the old dated barristers bar is a hit in my books.

The bar menu has also been revamped, and offers some items that are really great, that you might not think of. The beef short-rib ravioli are my favorite new addition.

The breakfast buffet is $$$ if not included in the rate, but it is quite an expansive buffet. The executive lounge breakfast is quite good as well, and Mary, the executive lounge hostess is a sweetheart always.

Service at the hotel is great, across the board. The pool is a nice place to have a swim, but I do find myself using it less since they have renovated the pool deck and removed the hot tub.

The fitness center is generally my least favorite renovation they've done here. The treadmills always seem to need servicing, the free weights are quite limited, and it just seems like a small, cramped space. That said, they used to offer free passes to their guests to the Adelaide club, which is a large health club 1 block away from the hotel that is quite expansive - I say used to as I have a membership at another club nearby and have not had to use those lately.

Room Tip: Request a south facing room, high floor. These offer really fantastic views of the CN tower at nigh...
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn, that as a weekly visitor to our property, you've seen the changes and embrace them fully. It is nice to know that you enjoy your time at the hotel and in Toronto!

We will also be sure to share your team member experience with our hotel community as a great example of how the "little things" make a big difference to our guests.

Your comments concerning the Fitness Centre have been noted and have certainly given us some constructive "food for thought" about further possible changes we could implement. We do still offer our guests complimentary passes to the Adelaide Club.

We look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon!

Andy Loges, General Manager

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!