“Good Location, Heart of Downtown Toronto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

Save Saved
You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from just $149!
Ranked #32 of 142 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Ontario
“Good Location, Heart of Downtown Toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton, Toronto February 2013 on a Saturday night. We paid an extra $45 for use of the executive lounge which includes robes, wi-fi, staying on a higher floor, access to the executive lounge on the 32nd floor, hot snacks and breakfast (with an honour bar). It was worth the extra considering wi-fi is usually between $12-20 and hot snacks and breakfast is included. The breakfast was pretty good and included: scrambled eggs, fruits, breads, oatmeal, muffins, danishes, coffee, tea, etc.

The lobby looks nice and is very modern. The hotel bar is nice as is the Tundra restaurant. The hotel is also connected to Toronto's under ground PATH system. So from the PATH you can make your way to Union station and the GO station (Toronto's rail systems) as well as the Toronto Eaton Centre without going outside (for those cold, rainy days). There is also an indoor/outdoor pool (which I did not try, my wife did and said it was neat to swim outside in February).

Our room at two double beds which I found odd - I would think at least 2 queen size beds - perhaps its because of the executive, business traveller clientele they cater to? The beds were not the comfortable and I woke with a stiff neck. The room a a decent view of the CN tower and the Sangri La hotel but not much else. Our room can with a standard flat screen tv, desk, chair and ottoman, coffee maker, refrigerator and bath room with a tub.

The cost for the room was about $230 + $45 (upgrade for the executive floor) which is not bad for a Saturday night in the downtown core - although there may be better deals on occasion through Travelzoo. We would stay here again, though next time we would ask for a queen or king bed.

Room Tip: Ask for queen beds.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto. It's great being connected to the PATH system and not having to venture outside ... especially last Friday with the amount of snow!!

I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and service within the hotel were able to meet your expectations, except for the comfort and size of the bed. Unfortunately, we only offer king or 2 double beds (we have no queen). The conversion to queen beds will happen as renovations are scheduled and rooms are updated.

We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a wonderful day.

Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Barrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was in Toronto for a 3-day conference. I honestly had the best hotel experience of my life this last week, at the Toronto Hilton 145 Richmond St. West. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The food at the Tundra restaurant was to die for - and the service excellent. But the jewel in the crown, was morning room service, in the person of a staff member named "Mark." He was cheerful, personable, helpful - also funny (without overstepping). I am not a 'morning person', but Mark made me one! Two of my friends also staying here for a conference, mentioned the same thing! Made my day. I will be back to the Hilton. Thank you to all for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The higher up the room, the more spectacular the view! Enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool in all seasons...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Our team works very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest and I'm thrilled that you and your friends staying here for a conference felt this spirit during your time with us. In particular, you mentioned our morning server Mark, from the Room Service department. Mark is a long service employee and we are very lucky to have him as part of our team! We will share your comments with him and his fellow Room Service employees!

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Ottawa, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in Toronto. Nice lobby and amenities. Pool is great in the winter, as it is half indoor, half outdoor, allowing you to swim comfortably outside even in very cold weather! If the difference is marginal, pay for a "deluxe" room as these are much more up-to-date than the regular "superior" rooms.

Room Tip: If the difference is marginal, pay for a "deluxe" room as these are much more up-to-date t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel! A lot of guests enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool, both in winter and summer!

We do hope that you will visit us again whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Here for the HAC conference - lots of updates to the guestrooms and meeting space - sparkling clean. Food and beverage excellent, service throughout the hotel wonderful. Would defininitely return for business or leisure based on my one night stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We were very pleased to host the 100th HAC conference and hope you enjoyed the speakers and sessions.

I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Based on your one night stay, you have indicated that you would definitely return and we do look forward to having another opportunity to be of service to you!

Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a brief but lovely "work-holiday" at the Hilton consisting of some fantastic theatre after which we retreated to our room at the Hilton for the duration of our visit. We enjoyed some take-out dining and working overlooking the CN Tower. There were additional options on the mainfloor for beverages, which we also enjoyed.

The room was spacious, the view fantastic, the linens were of high quality and cleanliness seemed quite high. We felt the Hilton standard was met with ease and for a great pricepoint!
We had very little dealings with hotel staff, but all interaction that we did have was very smooth and professional.

The value for the downtown area was very good. Look online for selloff deals!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto. We do have a great downtown location and I hope you enjoyed your theatre production as well ... we have some great shows coming to town later this year.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the room, view, cleanliness and overall, felt that the Hilton standard of quality was met with ease! We will certainly share our feedback with our team.

We hope that we will have the chance to be of service again, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto.

Enjoy your day!

St. John`s, NL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a quick 18 hour stay at this hotel in early February 2013.We booked it on Hotwire at $120.00 taxes included.A nice Hotel at this rate, and a great location close to everything you want to take in downtown!Our room had better than average space,the king bed was comfy,but the room decor was somewhat dated.As well no fridge at all in the room,and Internet was extra at $13.00 for a 24 hour period.So we liked the location but found the just average for a Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor.

We are glad to have met your needs for your short visit and apologize you were disappointed in the availability and pricing of some of our amenities. We strive to provide a comfortable hotel experience while remaining cost efficient, and we will keep your comments in mind as we strive to do so.

We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area so we might show you the quality hotel stay you expect and deserve from our brand.

Enjoy your day and thank you for this opportunity to respond to your comments.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was in town on business for a couple of nights with meetings at the hotel. I was in room 709. When the weather is clear (it wasn't for much of my stay until the last day) you have a view of CN tower from the room. Overall the condition of the room was very nice. The room on my first night had a strong smell of ladies perfume. I don't know if it was a prior guest from earlier in the day or from a member of the hotel maintenance team. By the 2nd night it had gone away. It comes with a room safe that is large enough to store a laptop computer. My company had a deal where we had free internet access but I couldn't get it to work. I don't think it was an issue with the hotel and more likely a problem with my laptop.
The night I arrived I had dinner in the restaurant and some drinks from the bar. The service was attentive and the food was quite good. The prices are what you would expect them to be in a downtown hotel.
The bathroom was in good shape and there were no issues getting a hot shower (usually an issue that I bring up in my reviews).
I would recommend staying here if you are looking for centrally located hotel with easy access to the heart of downtown.

Room Tip: My room in 709 overlooked the indoor/outdoor pool and had view of CN tower
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel .. from the in room safe to condition of the room to F&B service in the restaurant to availability of hot water were able to meet your expectations!

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto.

Enjoy your day!

Warm regards,

Andy Loges, General Manager

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!