“Efficient business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

Save Saved
You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer from just $169!
Ranked #31 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Quebec City, Canada
“Efficient business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there while on business, room is practical and clean. Offering in the executive lounge was just ok and the staff attending the buffet could smile more. Great lobby bar waiters seem to be from the 70's when you did not have to smile to earn a living. Overall a good stay would recommend for business and efficient stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience and Toronto!

We will certainly share your feedback with our team concerning the need for more effort to "smile". We work very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest, and it is disappointing when we don't "walk the talk".

We hope to welcome you again, should your travel plans include Toronto. May I also take this opportunity to wish you and yours, all the very best for the holiday season.

1,532 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while attending a conference. Check in was a breeze, the room was large and in a good shape. Really my only complaint was the light bulb on the desk light was not working but a quick call down to the front desk got that fixed. The rooms were relatively quiet. the elevators were fast. I was able to get checkout extended on my last day till 3 without any problem.

The food at the hotel was excellent. The breakfast buffet was your typical hotel layout, so you will not be left wanting much.

The location is great, close both to the Eaton centre, the theatre district, as well as the financial district as well as connected to the PATH (Toronto's underground walkways/shops between buildings).

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto, sharing feedback on everything from the room, speed of elevators, excellent food and proximity to all things urban Toronto! Our team works very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest and we're delighted you felt this spirit during your time with us!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto!

May I also take this opportunity to wish you and yours, all the very best for the holiday season!

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Room was large and very comfortable. Close to elevator so a bit noisy but I didn't change rooms. Hotel service was very good. Front desk folks very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Close to a lot in Toronto.

Room Tip: Avoid first rooms after stepping off elevators.
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations, despite the noise that emanated from your room being close to the elevators.

Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton on business for two nights. The sleeping rooms are fairly large with a great oval-shaped desk. The lobby has been recently renovated and now have a large bar/restaurant. I ate there one night for dinner and thought the food was really good. Also had a nice wine list. There is also a Ruth's Chris inside the hotel. (didn't visit it so cannot comment)

Room Tip: The rooms are down one hallway. The first room, closest to the elevator, starts in 01 or 02.
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When I checked in I was told I may find my room noisy but they were full,however the next day they may be able to move me. An unexpected welcome for sure but it was past 6pm so not much I could do. I was also told all the rooms ending in 02 were by the elevator shaft and indeed I found the noise was incredible for a so called 5 star hotel. I immediately went to the front desk and told them I was going to check out;,First I was told the elevators on that bank would be shut off at midnight however they did have another room. When I moved myself to the other room(no assistance offered)in two moves I found a staff member in my old room( which I partially vacated 5 minutes earlier)lounging in a chair watching TV!. So if you choose to stay here check the room carefully.

Room Tip: as above.rooms by the elevator are to be missed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! Please do accept our apologies for your disruption with noise during your time with us. As each guest has a different tolerance for our "urban" environment, our team works with each visitor to find accommodation that is most suitable for your stay.

Unfortunately, the service challenges you experienced do not represent the usual high level of customer engagement for which our team is well known! We will certainly review your comments with the departments involved as part of their ongoing training and development.

We do hope that should your travel plans include Toronto, that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you once again to more clearly demonstrate the services and facilities for which the hotel is well known.

Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked our room online, when we got there, there was a movie being filmed downtown and in we were unable to get to the hotel. We called the front desk. They told us oh well we would have to wait. 2.5 hours later we finally got to the hotel. We were less then 1 block away. The hotel should of known. For the price of the room, the picture look better then what it's worth. It comes with a complimentary breakfast well, which works out to be $20 a person. It should be about $5. a person for the taste of the food. Parking lot is a disaster area. Almost impossible to find your car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Please do accept our most sincere apologies that your concerns were not resolved to your satisfaction.

First and foremost, we were aware of the movie being filmed downtown, however, we are not aware that the traffic was going to be as horrendous as it was. I am truly sorry for the delay you experienced and I can certainly empathize with the amount of time it took to travel such a short distance. I too was caught in that traffic trying to reach the hotel...

With regard to the quality/taste of the breakfast offerings, I regret that you did not find it to your liking. Whenever we create new menus, we do try to cover a broad spectrum of food groups, but sometimes, it does not meet the expectations of all our guests, Rest assured, I will share your comments with our Executive Chef for his information.

And finally, your comments about the parking garage and the difficulties in trying to find your car have been noted. Unfortunately, the hotel does not own or manage the parking garage but we continually work with our partners to ensure they deliver services that are in line with our overall expectations of the hotel. I will share your criticisms with the manager of the parking garage.

We appreciate your feedback and patronage and hope that we will have an opportunity to "Make it Right" on your next visit, should your travel plans include Toronto in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on a recent trip to Toronto from England. Stayed in many Hilton hotels before and this was upto the usual excellent standard.

The hotel is in a central location and the rooms were cleaned everyday. I found the staff very polite and helpful and could not fault this hotel at all.

They even accomodated my request for a high floor and I absolutely loved the scenic elevator on the side of the building that gives you views of the city (I'm such a big kid!)

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities, services, location and especially the "scenic elevator" were able to meet your expectations!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans bring you back "cross the pond". Come back and visit us soon!

Andy Loges

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!