“Great rooms but noisy near the elevators” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Great rooms but noisy near the elevators”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Room was large and very comfortable. Close to elevator so a bit noisy but I didn't change rooms. Hotel service was very good. Front desk folks very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Close to a lot in Toronto.

Room Tip: Avoid first rooms after stepping off elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations, despite the noise that emanated from your room being close to the elevators.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto!

May I also take this opportunity to wish you and yours, all the very best for the holiday season!

Andy Loges

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton on business for two nights. The sleeping rooms are fairly large with a great oval-shaped desk. The lobby has been recently renovated and now have a large bar/restaurant. I ate there one night for dinner and thought the food was really good. Also had a nice wine list. There is also a Ruth's Chris inside the hotel. (didn't visit it so cannot comment)

Room Tip: The rooms are down one hallway. The first room, closest to the elevator, starts in 01 or 02.
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

When I checked in I was told I may find my room noisy but they were full,however the next day they may be able to move me. An unexpected welcome for sure but it was past 6pm so not much I could do. I was also told all the rooms ending in 02 were by the elevator shaft and indeed I found the noise was incredible for a so called 5 star hotel. I immediately went to the front desk and told them I was going to check out;,First I was told the elevators on that bank would be shut off at midnight however they did have another room. When I moved myself to the other room(no assistance offered)in two moves I found a staff member in my old room( which I partially vacated 5 minutes earlier)lounging in a chair watching TV!. So if you choose to stay here check the room carefully.

Room Tip: as above.rooms by the elevator are to be missed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! Please do accept our apologies for your disruption with noise during your time with us. As each guest has a different tolerance for our "urban" environment, our team works with each visitor to find accommodation that is most suitable for your stay.

Unfortunately, the service challenges you experienced do not represent the usual high level of customer engagement for which our team is well known! We will certainly review your comments with the departments involved as part of their ongoing training and development.

We do hope that should your travel plans include Toronto, that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you once again to more clearly demonstrate the services and facilities for which the hotel is well known.

Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked our room online, when we got there, there was a movie being filmed downtown and in we were unable to get to the hotel. We called the front desk. They told us oh well we would have to wait. 2.5 hours later we finally got to the hotel. We were less then 1 block away. The hotel should of known. For the price of the room, the picture look better then what it's worth. It comes with a complimentary breakfast well, which works out to be $20 a person. It should be about $5. a person for the taste of the food. Parking lot is a disaster area. Almost impossible to find your car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Please do accept our most sincere apologies that your concerns were not resolved to your satisfaction.

First and foremost, we were aware of the movie being filmed downtown, however, we are not aware that the traffic was going to be as horrendous as it was. I am truly sorry for the delay you experienced and I can certainly empathize with the amount of time it took to travel such a short distance. I too was caught in that traffic trying to reach the hotel...

With regard to the quality/taste of the breakfast offerings, I regret that you did not find it to your liking. Whenever we create new menus, we do try to cover a broad spectrum of food groups, but sometimes, it does not meet the expectations of all our guests, Rest assured, I will share your comments with our Executive Chef for his information.

And finally, your comments about the parking garage and the difficulties in trying to find your car have been noted. Unfortunately, the hotel does not own or manage the parking garage but we continually work with our partners to ensure they deliver services that are in line with our overall expectations of the hotel. I will share your criticisms with the manager of the parking garage.

We appreciate your feedback and patronage and hope that we will have an opportunity to "Make it Right" on your next visit, should your travel plans include Toronto in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on a recent trip to Toronto from England. Stayed in many Hilton hotels before and this was upto the usual excellent standard.

The hotel is in a central location and the rooms were cleaned everyday. I found the staff very polite and helpful and could not fault this hotel at all.

They even accomodated my request for a high floor and I absolutely loved the scenic elevator on the side of the building that gives you views of the city (I'm such a big kid!)

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities, services, location and especially the "scenic elevator" were able to meet your expectations!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans bring you back "cross the pond". Come back and visit us soon!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Toronto the past weekend and had a wonderful stay overall. The room was booked through Hotwire and the rate I got was much lower than anywhere else on the web; needless to say, I was quite pleased to be able to get the Hilton for the price. Since the reservation was made through Hotwire, we didn't have a choice for the room type or the number of beds, but I'm not going to complain for the rate I got the room for.

The staff at the front desk were all very friendly and check in was smooth. We took the "scenic" elevator" to our room (and also to the top floor) and it offers a great view of the northwest side of city. As for the room, it was cozy, spacious with a large window. It's too bad that we were only on the 5th floor as we stared at the exterior of the building across the street. Since our room was located on the 5th floor, I did experience some street noise. My biggest gripe with my stay however, was the cleanliness of the room. There was hair in the bathtub in plain sight and there was also an obvious stain on one of the bedsheets. If not for these issues, I would have easily given my stay 4-5 stars. The location is fantastic and walking distance to everything in downtown Toronto. It is also worth mentioning that the rooms are not very sound proof - I was able to hear the conversations of other guests in the hallway.

Overall, I think the location of the hotel is unbeatable. We were able to walk everywhere during out stay and the TTC station is just across the street. Definitely request being on an upper floor as it should offer a great view and eliminate the issue I had with street noise.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the location, facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Please do accept our most sincere apologies for the service challenges you mentioned, specifically with regard to the cleanliness of the of the room. This is not the usual high level of service which our team strives to deliver. We will certainly share your feedback with our Housekeeping team as part of their continued training and development.

As each guest has a different tolerance for our "urban" environment, our team works with each visitor to find accommodation that is mos suitable for your stay. I am sorry that you found the noise from the street ... and from other guests in the hallway disturbing to you.

We do hope that should your travel plans include Toronto, that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you once again!

Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed four nights at the Toronto Hilton hotel, with my son , and we both wished that we had planned a longer stay. First impression of the room, not great, it looked quite dark and dated, especially the bathroom, but we were very comfortable and although the decor certainly needs some updating, if I visited Toronto again, I would chose the same hotel. It is conveniently positioned for the CN tower, and a really great diner for breakfast, the Sunset grill, as well as other attractions, ( the ontario museum is well worth a visit) Toronto is a very friendly place to visit, with much to offer visitors, who seem to be warmly welcomed. I must mention Kelly Lee, the concierge at the Hilton, she gave good advice of what to see and how to get there, and I feel she is a great asset to the hotel, thank you Kelly .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto ... considering it was your first trip to Canada!

We will also be sure to share your team member experience with our hotel community as a great example of how the "little things" make a big difference to our guests!

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Andy Loges

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!