“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Toronto

You added Hilton Toronto to your Saves list
Hilton Toronto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2L2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Rates from $159!
Ranked #36 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Toronto Downtown for 2 nights to attend a conference which was held at the hotel. The room was fine, nice shower, good desk for working, pretty standard fare for a Hilton. Very nice public areas as well. Towards the end of my stay I noticed an issue with the room and emailed the Hotel when I got home to advise them. They immediately investigated, confirmed my concern, and immediately offered to make it right. They easily could have brushed off my concern but they were very up front and honest about what they did to make it right and that goes a long way to show they care about making your vacation or business trip the best it can be. Problems happen, through no fault of their own, but they fixed it. This isn't something you see everywhere and their commitment to making their customers happy is refreshing. Hats off to the Hilton Toronto!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the room, shower, room amenities and overall experience.

I was disappointed to hear that you encountered an issue with the room toward the end of your stay ... but a quick email and some investigative work on our side turned a negative situation into a positive one. We were able to "Make it Right" and it is satisfying to know how much our team listens to and tries to help our guests!

We do hope that you will visit us again whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Andy Loges

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently booked a trip to Toronto Canada because Bruce Springsteen was playing at the Rogers Center (Skydome) on August 24th for the Wrecking Ball tour. We actually arrived on the 23rd. I got a decent deal off of Priceline.com for the hotel. The first thing about the Hotel is watch out when you park. The entrance to the garage is too the left of the front circle of the hotel on Richmond Street and is very busy. The way down to the underground parking is a little tricky and the spaces are small. If you have an SUV be careful where you park. We checked in after waiting in line. The hotel seemed a lot busier for even Toronto. Come to find out beside the concert being in town Comic Con was at the same time so the hotel was at full capacity.

At my own doing I mistakenly did not get two beds for our room so as I checked in the desk clerk said only single king size beds were available. At any rate they said a cot could be brought in so that was OK. We got the 29th floor and were to the end of one hallway. For any of you that don’t like heights DO NOT use the scenic elevator as it is all glass. There are three other elevator banks that are enclosed you can use. The room looked like a little apartment and smaller than some Hilton rooms I have stayed in. It was a little cramped for three people but for the deal I got I really couldn’t complain. The décor was nice and seemed very clean. We had a great view of parts of downtown Toronto with the large bay windows. The TV worked and was a 42 inch flat panel I think and had all the necessary stations. The bed seemed very nice but I really let the girls sleep on it and I took the cot so I can’t comment on getting a decent night’s sleep or not?

The shower/bathroom area seemed decent and clean. The towels were of a decent quality and not rough like some of the other discounted chains. There was extra toiletries if you needed them in the sink counter area and coffee just outside of the bathroom. The bar was stocked but we did not use any of it. The largest problem we had was the first night. There was a crew fixing the room next door to ours and they were up at 7:30 making noise. The pounding was very loud and woke us all up. The staff was helpful and said they could move us to another floor but it would be awhile before it was ready so we may or may not have to move our own bags. The second room we got was better and looked exactly the same.

The staff was great about suggesting places to go to eat and the best way to get to the Rogers Center. My large complaint was with room service. A normal 25 dollar meal there cost $42.00 Canadian dollars. $5 for a can of Sprite really got me?? There is not only high prices but gratuity and convenience charges added automatically, probably in case people don’t tip. I had it charged to the room and it was a little bit of a shocker. Maybe it’s a topic for another discussion but Toronto is so expensive now and I have been going there since the 1970’s. I live in Rochester NY so it’s not far and used to be a great place to go.

The Toronto Hilton was fine and I got what I signed up for. With a Hotel like this you kind of know what you are getting into. Other than the construction crew on the first night everything was fine.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Please do accept our apologies for your disruption with noise during your time with us. As each guest has a different tolerance for our "urban" environment, our team works with each visitor to find accommodation that is most suitable for your stay. I was pleased to read that our team was able to "Make it Right" by changing rooms for you and your travel companions.

On another note, you commented that you find the prices in Room Service to be a little pricey. For your information, we have analyzed the hotels and various restaurants in the downtown core and find that the Hilton Toronto is very competitive in our pricing structure. However, we will continue to conduct quarterly reviews when we are anticipating menu changes to ensure that we are still relevant to our competition. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I hope you enjoyed the Bruce Springsteen concert and that if your travel plans bring you back over the border, you will opt to stay with us again.

Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Stayed here with my family for my grandmas 65th birthday. Did not use the pool or fitness centre but looked very nice. Rooms were a bit on the smaller side, but mine had a nice foyer entry and a huge window that let lots of light in. There is also a nice desk area for business travellers (see picture) Rooms ending in an even number (ex. 1504) would probably have a better view. I was in 1217 and we looked at an office building, but we were barely in the room except to sleep. Between the Sheraton and the Hilton, I would say the Hilton is better, but Sheraton is in a very close second place. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations ... especially for such a special family celebration!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for my birthday weekend in early November. Here are some thoughts on the place:

RATE: We got a great rate for our room through Hotwire.ca. We knew the area we wanted and didn't care which hotel we stayed in. We took a chance and got booked into the Hilton. If you want the same Hilton Toronto falls in the category of "Downtown Toronto West area hotel" on Hotwire's listings.

ROOM: We were given a room with two double beds. With Hotwire we were not given the choice of bed type or size. You might be able to upgrade at the hotel - I didn't ask and Hilton didn't offer. Room was OK but the furniture was worn. Bathroom was new and clean. No bar fridge in this cheaper room though which was disappointing.

AREA: Close to everything which was great. Osgoode subway station is just outside the main doors and it was easy to get up to the ROM. It was also a 10 minute walk to the theatres on King Street.

PARKING: The Hilton website contains confusing information regarding parking rates. It says it is $40 per day to self-park. When we arrived we were told that this is a Monday to Thursday rate. On weekends it was $24 a day. However, when we checked out it was $36 total (a nice surprise) for our stay from Friday at 4:30 pm until Sunday at 11:30 am. Perhaps if you check out after 12 pm on Sunday you get charged the full rate - not sure.

Also note that there is overnight parking available at the Green P lot at Nathan Phillips Square/Toronto City Hall which may be cheaper.

Overall a great stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check Hotwire for possible deals on this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and in Toronto!

The valet parking price you mentioned is in line with the downtown area, however, self parking rates vary based on when you are staying, holidays, evening, etc. and are also very competitive for downtown. Unfortunately, the Hilton Toronto does not own nor manage the parking garage .... we will, however, share your comments with the management company that operates the garage for their information and reference.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

After staying at the Parky Hyatt for years, it was time for a change. I visit Toronto 3-4 times a year for pleasure. Since I always stay at Hiltons for business, I thought i would give this property a try. The location is fantastic and city views from the higher floors are great. The rooms and staff were all excellent as most Hiltons. The only noticible problem is the executive lounge. While the view of the city is wonderful, this is by far is the wrost Hilton executive lounge I have ever been in. Not worth the cost to book an executive room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the location, facilities, accommodations and service from staff members was able to meet your expectations!

On another note, I was surprised by your comments that you did not enjoy the Executive Lounge. We do appreciate how vital our Executive Lounge experience is to our customers and regret that the it did not meet your expectations.

We do appreciate your business and hope that should your travel plans include Toronto, that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

very central location; walking distance to all downtown activities and the entertainment district; good service; clean and spacey rooms....what else would one need ? maybe the only downside could be that breakfast buffet was not very creative, but then you have the option of ordering a la carte anyway.

I would definitely prefer the same hotel for my future trips to toronto.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities, location and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Have a wonderful week and thanks again for your positive comments!

Warm wishes,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you're in Toronto, this is a very nice hotel to stay at. The Hilton Toronto is an older property, that has been refreshed. They even have a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in the hotel. The hotel is on a busy intersection and in the heart of downtown. There is a lot to do and most of it is within walking distance.

Hotel itself: From the exterior you can definitely tell this is an older hotel. You can tell it was refurbished within the past few years. The public areas were clean and spotless. The hotel is really busy, so a lot of guests just roaming around. The decor is modern and very inviting. The scent delivery system, which pumps out their custom fragrance is overkill. There is no parking, only valet - which wasn't pricy like Chicago. Being just a large hotel, the elevators weren't a problem either.

Pool & Exercise Facility: They have both an interior and exterior pool. The pool area was very clean (no trash etc) and free of the smell of chlorine. The outside pool deck was nice, but being end of August it was pretty chilly outside. The exercise facility was also nice - different variety of equipment. It was always busy and I can see it being a problem trying to get a machine if the hotel is sold out.

Executive Lounge: Was very spacious and had great view of the Toronto area. The had beverages and honor bar until late. They had breakfast and afternoon snacks complimentary for those who have access to the executive floor. They could have more employee's help clean up the area. When we went there around noon, there was food and garbage laying around from the breakfast hours. Breakfast was only continental, not what I usually find at large city Hilton properties.

Rooms: We got upgraded onto the executive floor and got a suite. We had a really nice view of the CN Tower and Harbor. The room was spotless and clean. The bathroom area was very clean. The sheets on the bed were crisp, clean and wrinkle free. The bed was free of any stains, hairs or signs of previous guest. Only complaint was that the TV seemed very small for that particular room. It was either a 32" or 37", large, but when the bed is about 15 feet away it seemed very small. A fridge would have also been nice. I can't complain about the fridge because the Executive lounge was 5 floors down the hall.

Free Internet: Being a Hilton H Honors member I got free WiFi and hard wire internet service. Both were pretty good, being the size of the hotel and the number of guests checked in. I constantly got decent WiFi speeds to Skype and use Google Voice. This worked out great because using your cell phone in Toronto would result in huge roaming bills.

Staff: We requested early check-in around noon local hotel time, but when we got there the front desk clerk said nothing was available. She was very professional, but they did guarantee us an early checkin - no worries. We had our luggage held at the Bell desk and went for a stroll around downtown. After a few hours we came back. We checked in with Dwayne, the front desk manager; not the shift manager. His service was top notch and extremely professional. My reservation stated it was a special occasion for us and he went out of his way to make sure we got a really nice room. He is the sole reason why this hotel ranked so high. He upgraded us from a lower floor to the executive floor no questions asked. He was very knowledgeable about the area, and even called a few restaurants for us - saving me a trip to the concierge desk. Even at checkout he walked out to our car and wished us a safe travel. Hilton, this employee is the best and he lives by your motto "Be Hospitable".

The bottom line, a good hotel that has been recently refurbished. Great staff and rates that aren't ridiculous. If I'm ever back in the Toronto downtown area, I would stay here again. Try to book in advance to get lower rates and specials.

Room Tip: Try to get your room to face the CN Tower and Harbor. Higher floor rooms have better views. Take t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel. We will also be sure to share your team member experience with our Front Desk Manager with the rest of our hotel team as a great example of how the "little things" make a big difference to our guests!

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans bring you back to Toronto! Have a great day and thanks again for your positive feedback!

Warm wishes,

Andy Loges

Been to Hilton Toronto? Share your experiences!