“Not a bad place at all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Harbour Castle

You added The Westin Harbour Castle to your Saves list
The Westin Harbour Castle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #37 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not a bad place at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed for three nights for FanCon Canada and was really impressed. Huge hotel with great rooms - was on the 30th floor - okay view. The check in was super friendly and helpful and the location was awesome. Room was clean but we didn't have a fridge (which I thought most hotels had). I'd come back for sure. Liked their green plan where housekeeping only comes if you need them to - no need for a made bed everyday I can do that myself :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Dave N,

Thank your for posting your review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our Make a Green Choice option it really makes a big difference on our environment. What we strive for a Westin is to ensure our guests feel welcome and cared for during your stay I will ensure to pass on your great comments to them. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Tim Reardon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Our family of four stayed at this hotel for one night. Check in was fast and friendly and our room was clean and modern with a beautiful view of the islands. The lobby is warm and inviting and the staff is friendly. It is close to downtown and Union Station and is close to the harbourfront centre.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear GLAAS,

Thank you for posting your review. I’m delighted your family had a great experience with us. Our promise at Westin is to ensure our guests leave feeling better then when they arrived and I’m pleased my team delivered on that promise. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back soon.

Thornwood, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We were recently stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle. Before check out we had breakfast in the Café at the lobby. Two hours later my daughter and myself were both violently sick. We both had the oatmeal for breakfast while my other daughter had something different, she did not get sick.
Needless to say it ruined the rest of our vacation.
When I called the hotel to complain they promised to look into it haven't heard from them since.
Besides all that the hotel is kind of out-of-the-way and mainly geared towards business travelers.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Elcobong,

Thank you for posting your review. We take our food quality standards very seriously and what you describe is certainly not typical of our level of service and I would like to assure you that we are taking this very seriously. Rest assured I am personally following up with my team so we are able to avoid this situation in the future. Please except my sincere apologies for this difficult situation.

In the meantime, I would really appreciate if you could send me email me at experienceteam@westin.com with a phone number where I can contact you to further discuss.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review to let us know where we have fallen short in our service delivery and standards.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We recently stayed here for 7 nights for a conference/vacation. Can't tell you how disappointed we were. First of all, we arrived at 5:15 on a Wednesday (so, not the busiest day for checkin/out) and had to wait an hour and a half for a room. Actually, they had a room ready for us right away on the 34th floor but I had requested (in writing) a lower level room because of my fear of heights, so we had to wait for a lower level room. When we finally checked in, we received a phone call in the room from Eugene (very nice, helpful gentleman), at the registration desk, who informed us that he would get us a better room the next day since we were staying for so long. He promised a king size bed and a lake view, along with a lower level. So, we went sightseeing the next day and came back to move. Our room was ready and it was a very large room with a chaise and a king bed. View of the lake? Where? Oh well, we were willing to accept this - at least I wasn't hyperventilating from the height.

Went to take a shower and the tub wouldn't drain. I had to remove gobs of hair from the drain - YUK!!! Same with the sink drain, which we never did get all the hair out of and the drain was slow the whole time we were there. Room was somewhat clean but definitely needs updating.

Oh, did I mention going to the Starbuck's counter for 2 yogurt parfaits and 2 iced Americano's the next morning and the price was $25? Don't try the restaurant either for breakfast unless you want to have an omelet and coffee and pay $60 for 2.

Or, did I mention that we are preferred customers? What do the regular customers get?

The only bright spot in our stay here was Eugene.

Overall a very disappointing experience. Especially for a Westin.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear WilmaF49,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I will make sure to thank Eugene on your behalf for the outstanding service he provided you during your stay. While the level of quality and service that you encountered during your stay is not typical it is totally unacceptable and I would like to assure you that we are taking this very seriously. Rest assured I am personally following up with my team so we are able to avoid this situation in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Greetings! Once again, I'm exploring all the places just a few hours drive from my hometown Rochester, New York a great place for travel to be based from. To cut to the chase, a one night stay at the Westin cost me about $280 American. The drive was about 3.5 hours up, 5 hours back. Pulled right into the valet (included in price). Check in is at 3:00 and it was a little slow, but acceptable. Everything seems slow everywhere you go if you're from New York. Take it easy, you're on vacation! The hotel is very nice. Hall smelled a little musty. The room is very nice with a balcony lake view on the 6th floor. The room is not cramped at all, like rooms I have stayed at in Boston for the same price without the view. There's ample room and furniture for four. A king bed for 2. Our room had a mini fridge, our neighbors room did not. To the right there's another hotel , or part of my hotel, blocking some of the view, but the view straight ahead and to the left is spectacular. You're right on the boardwalk that runs along the lakefront and from there you can walk to most of the places you want to go. Or cab. I would say it's at least a mile of walking path. You can rent canoes, kayaks, sailboats, powered watercraft, bikes. You can walk to the baseball stadium and some downtown bars or the Distillery District. I went to the Irish Embassy (good food, beer, low key). There are many places to sit and enjoy the lake front while dining or drinking, people watching. Bottom line is, we got out of Rochester, went to somewhere really cool with lots to do, met cool people, had great beer, great food, less than $500 total. It was a pricey one day trip maybe, but worth it in my opinion, and if I didn't have to be somewhere on Saturday it could have easily turned into another night or evening at Niagara on the Lake or the falls on the way home. Only downside was about an hour at the border waiting to get back into the states.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tomcattarus,

Thank you for posting this great review. I’m thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and our great neighborhood. There is a lot to see and do in Toronto and it sounds like you were able to do a lot which is great. Our promise at Westin is to ensure our guest leave feeling belter then when they arrived I believe we achieved that. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon.

Kingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Check in was okay.. Long line & long wait. But our room was ready & they gave us a room far away from the elevator as requested. Our bathroom wasn't exactly clean. Gross hair covered the floor & bathtub. We called & they were very apologetic & sent somebody to tidy up. The tub was cleaned, but not the floor. We didn't call again, but it was disappointing and disgusting.

The beds & room were super comfortable. The pool was nice, and the pizza & drinks in the lobby were delicious! And the location was perfect! Only a few minutes to walk to the ACC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Stevenholt,

Thank you for posting your review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Chartroom bar food and beverage offerings I have to agree our pizza is amazing. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable condition of your guestroom I have passed on your comments to my leadership team for them to review so we are able to avoid this situation in the future.

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Spectacular view overlooking the lake from the 21st floor corner suite. Beds were very comfortable although only double size. Pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. Staff was helpful and friendly. Lobby was quite large and bright.
No fridge (except for a fee).

Room Tip: The upper floors have a great view of the city sky line, especially the corner suites.