“Excellent stay -always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Harbour Castle

You added The Westin Harbour Castle to your Saves list
The Westin Harbour Castle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #38 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Orillia, Canada
“Excellent stay -always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Having stayed twice in the past year, once on business and most recently with my spouse for a weekend, and many times in prior years, the stays are always 5 star.
The property, the service, the location and the amenities nearby are top of the class for Toronto.
If you have a chance, get out and walk to Harbourfront, the scenery and ambience are fantastic.
Lots of restaurants and pubs to choose from.
Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear hockeyfamily9,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home.
It is always a pleasure to welcome you and I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind review. This is exactly how it should feel for all our guests.

I look forward to your next visit, and should you need anything in the meantime, please email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com

Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (683)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Westin Harbour Castle has a few things going for it:
1) Location! The hotel is located right on the harbour, so if you're planning to spend a lot of time along the lake, this is a great spot for you.
2) Fitness: they take it seriously at Westin. They offer workout sneakers and clothes for the duration of your stay, and their fitness facility is huge compared to other chain hotels (Marriott, Hilton).
3) Service: I booked an extended stay (11 days), and I received a couple different welcome packets from a Guest Experience manager. Nothing too fancy, but a nice touch that stood out to me.
4) Lobby bar: they serve free bar peanuts/spicy nuts. It's a minor thing, but I found myself ordering an extra round to chat with the bartenders while I finished my free snack.

Now, the run of the mill stuff...
1) Food: not the best, not the worst. You'll want to explore Toronto's food scene instead of relying on room service each night.
2) Housekeeping: I signed up for their "Go Green" initiative (can't think of the name) which basically meant that I would only receive housekeeping three times during my 11 day stay. I didn't get my last round of housekeeping, and had to call a few times to get my towels and coffee refilled. This is a voluntary initiative, and I admire their effort to conserve, I would just recommend not doing it if you're staying for more than 3-4 nights, as it gets messy. But that's just me. This leads to my last point...
3) This place is HUGE. Lots of rooms means lots of people, which meant for me bus loads of kids in town for school trips. Sounds like I'm being a downer, but I honestly waited 20 min. for an elevator while 25 children crammed in and out. Tough go of it if you're there with your boss, trying to chat/plan dinner.

Overall - I really liked this place. I admired their effort to reach out to me to optimize my experience, and I loved my view/location. The "green" initiative is also admirable, probably harder to manage with so many rooms.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, the view is fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dom_from_CLE,

Thank you kindly for sharing your review and bringing your comments for improvement to my attention.

First of all, I am pleased that you enjoyed our location and took advantage of it to explore Toronto. I will thank the team for taking good care of you and sending you some nice amenities during your long stay to make you feel at home.

Now, I apologize for the not-so-flawless execution of our Make a Green Choice Program. I will reach out to our Director of Housekeeping to ensure it is better managed in the future and avoid similar issues.

I would really appreciate if you could email me prior to your next visit (at experienceteam@westin.com) so that I can make sure the team is ready for your arrival and to ensure we take extra good care of you
See you soon and thank you again kindly for taking the time to review your recent visit.

redbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

On arrival the check in was fast and very friendly. The room was spacious, clean with a great view of the lake. Comfy bed & no problem with the air con. Coffee maker with Starbucks coffee.
Ice machine available on the floor in a separate room was much appreciated.
Agree there is a lot of construction going on in front of the hotel which made getting in and out of the hotel a challenge but hardly the fault of the hotel.
Its a 30 minute walk to the Eaton Centre or for just 3 dollars a number 6 bus from round the corner will get you there. A very good service.
A very pleasant walk along the waterfront just around the corner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear romford99,

I am pleased to know that our team exceeded your expectations during your recent visit and that you slept well in the Westin Heavenly Bed.

Thank you for sharing your kind review. I will look forward to your next stay and should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at experienceteam@westin.com

Thedford, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent service, friendly people behind the counter. Spectacular views of Toronto and of the islands and downtown airport. Beautiful grounds, great walking areas, close to restaurants and entertainment. Downside, parking is expensive.

Room Tip: Request upper floors, choose either city view or the water. Request a room with partial views of bot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Don,

WOW, what a great review! Thank you kindly for sharing it with fellow travelers.

Sounds to me like a flawless visit. I will look forward to welcoming you back soon
Enjoy the summer!
GRAVENHURST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Two days there while attending the 75th International Barbershop convention were very comfortable. I had the best nights sleep and very nice breakfast buffet.
Toronto has too much construction going on but the waterfront is still enjoyable and the view of the harbor is impressive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Alan,

Thank you kindly for staying with us during the Barbershop convention and for taking the time to share your review.
I am so pleased that you slept well in the Westin Heavenly bed and enjoyed your breakfast in our Mizzen restaurant.

I look forward to your next visit,
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We often stay at the Westin Harbour Castle when visiting Toronto, but this trip wasn't up to our expectations. We stayed for a weekend in May, which we booked months ahead of time - we were pleased that we had booked it so early since later a Rolling Stones concert was scheduled for the same night.

Unfortunately, upon our arrival, despite having booked prior to the concert's announcement, the hotel didn't have the room type we reserved. They gave us a room, but it was smaller and less pleasant than we were expecting. In particular, the double beds were very tight for us, and the view was absolutely dreadful.

On the upside, service in the lobby bar was quite good and the valet parking service went off without a hitch.

Mixed experience, so I think we'll try another place next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear markp30,

Let me start by thanking you for being loyal guests of our hotel.
I am sorry that your most recent Westin experience was not as flawless as it usually is.

Because you are familiar with the quality of service and amenities we provide, you know that your most recent visit was unusual. I apologize that you did not get your usual room because our hotel was so busy. I would really appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure our teams are all aware of your arrival and take extra good care of you.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our Wedding Day and stay at The Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto was fantastic.  Staff at the hotel are professional, knowledgeable, very helpful and friendly. Toula restaurant has great food, friendly staff, and the best views of Toronto. All our guests were very satisfied with the service at this hotel. We highly recommend Westin Harbour and the Toula restaurant to everyone who appreciates high quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bea,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for your special day!
The whole team is pleased that you celebrated well with us and I thank you for sharing your kind review.

We look forward to seeing you soon – maybe for your first-year anniversary celebration?!

Edwin Frizzell

Been to The Westin Harbour Castle? Share your experiences!