Modern hotel, with large relaxing entrance lobby featuring open plan coffee bar - hotel is divided into North and South Towers, and the lobby obviously spans both. There is also a little gift shop at one end.
My room had a beautiful view of the lake, and the small harbour, with the little ferry going back and forth, and a small active airport to the side (although you can't hear anything). Rooms look pretty new - although the bathroom was rather small, it was adequate, with a good modern shower with rainfall type head. Bed very comfortable. Rooms were quiet, possibly due to being in small corridors.
Reception staff were absolutely lovely, all seemed very proactive, warm and welcoming.
The main problem with this hotel - and one I've never seen really anywhere else in the world to this extent - is several huge flights of concrete stairs to access the lobby, which strangely, is not on the ground floor. (Apparently conference rooms occupy the ground floor areas?). There was no porterage to greet, so this meant lugging several heavy suitcases up maybe 50 steps or so. I think, to be honest, it's pretty dangerous - I dread to think what would happen if one were to fall. You can also go up a ramp where cars are valet parked (so dodging them is also not ideal). There is an elevator, but it is right around the other side of the hotel and involves a walk. There is currently a lot of building work going on so maybe this situation will improve when this finishes, but in any event, sadly I don't see how anyone with physical difficulties could easily access this hotel, based on the above. It's a shame, because the hotel itself is of a very high standard, once you actually get in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. Our downtown Toronto hotel is located on the vibrant waterfront of Lake Ontario, where you can enjoy Toronto's seasonal events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto