“Big Place, Comfy, Quiet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Harbour Castle

Save Saved
You added The Westin Harbour Castle to your Saves list
The Westin Harbour Castle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Big Place, Comfy, Quiet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Arrived during the BIG snow storm. Processed quickly and with friendliness. Room was clean, bed very comfortable. Elderly parents also pleased with adjoining suite. Went to bar to grab a quick bite around 5:30. Ordered a burger, fries and two Chicken Panini. Food took way too long...Good fresh beef burger! Panini in my mind is a flat grilled bread but received a grilled burger bun...Hmmmm.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Dutch Wanderess,

Thank you for staying with us recently during the bad snow storm and for sharing your review.

I am sorry about the delay in delivering your food. We did experience delays longer than usual during the storm because of unexpectedly high number of orders from guests in-house.

I would really appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure your stay is flawless.
I look forward to welcoming you back

2,103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Korean first
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here as we had a convention at this location. The room was a good size and had a lake view. i really like Westlin heavenly beds, they are among the best I have slept on.
otherwise the room was standard - good quality. I found this hotel to be geared to the business traveler. They had tea & coffee in the room etc.
The hotel had a reasonable workout facility, the pool was closed during my stay. The food supplied to our meetings was really good, we did not eat in any of the hotel restaurants.
I would prefer a site more central, this hotel is on the edge of the downtown area.

Dear paul52,

Thank you for staying with us recently and I hope your conference was a success.
i appreciate you taking the time to share your kind review and I am pleased to count you as a fan of the Westin Heavenly Beds!

We have just finished renovating the swimming-pool and hot tub area and hope to welcome you back soon so that you can take advantage of our updated facilities.

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

iPad the opportunity to attend a conference at the Westin Harbour Castle and found the experience top notch.

From a business standpoint, the hotel certainly has the staff and the expertise to handle conferences of any size. Food was excellent .

The rooms were typically 1st class as well as the service through out the hotel.

Room Tip: Harbour view over looking the Toronto Islands.
Dear Stan,

This is exactly how it should be!
I thank you for taking the time to share your kind review and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your conference was a success!

I cannot think of anything else to add but to thank you again for staying with us.
Kind regards,
Fonthill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a fantastic property. It has been thirty years since I have stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto and this experience exceeded the last. We went in the winter and the view of the lake was spectacular. We will definitely go back in the summer this year to take in Toronto's waterfront in the warm weather. Great location.
JB

Room Tip: Request a room on the south (lake) side, pay the extra if you have to. Facing south and towards the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jim b,

I am delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for sharing your review and for your loyalty over the last 30 years.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back this summer.
I am confident that with our amazing location steps away from the Toronto island ferry and with Queen's Quay revitalized, you will really enjoy your next visit. Please email me at experienceteam@westin.com if there is anything I can do prior to your next visit to exceed your expectations even more :)

Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

For the Hotwire price, it was okay, but it is not up to standard for four or four plus stars.
On the positive side, the staff were pleasant and efficient, the room was clean and had a great view (for which on the second day I paid an additional $20.00). The bed was also good. I would have expected a more extensive toiletries kit (Qtips, etc) and a choice of shower gel and not just soap. The toilet flushed like a gun going off. Don't take the "green"option of no service in the room. Coupon for $5.00 off in bar never materialized and either did any recognition whatsoever, not even removal of the notice on the door handle, although didn't get any service either.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower rate when you book. You may get it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Dene48,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing some thoughts on our 'Make a Green Choice' program. I am sorry to read that you didn't get the voucher every morning and don't understand why our team didn't deliver it to you after you mentioned it.

This is really concerning and certainly not up to our standards. This is why I would really appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com with your phone number so that I can connect with you and discuss the issue in further details.

I look forward to our conversation and apologize once again for this disappointing visit.
Best regards,
Beverly Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Westin Harbour Castle is a nice BIG hotel in a good location. We had awesome views from our room of the water and of the CN tower. We were there over new years so when the clock struck 12 the CN Tower went into a crazy light show that was pretty cool.

As always the heavenly beds are fantastic and our room seemed very sound proof - which is a major plus around new years.

The only let down was the pool and spa area. I originally booked at the Westin because they generally do a great job and the the pictures of the pool and spa area looked amazing and January in Toronto is a great time to chill out in a hot tub and thaw. Unfortunately the pool was freezing and the hot tub was warm at best. The whole pool area just seemed dated and somewhat neglected. Almost all of the Westins we've been to have awesome pool and spa areas so this was a bummer.

Other then that the hotel was great and Toronto has gotta be the most underrated city in North America. If you have time - go eat at Guu Izakaya - the most fun we've had at a restaurant in a long time.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better it gets
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear David48025,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review with us.
I really appreciate your feedback and am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stya with us as well as the spectacular views and our Westin Heavenly Beds from your room.

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience at the swimming-pool and I am pleased to let you know that we just finished renovating that area for our guests' comfort.
I look forward to your next stay,

Be well
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our stay in the Westin, on the lake front in downtown Toronto was quite special. The views south out the suite windows were sensational - great views of Centre Island, Billy Bishop Island airport, ferries and lots of geese and ducks! Loved watching out the wall to wall windows as the light diminished for the day and then in the morning after our sleep on the comfy king bed! The suite was spacious, well appointed, clean and in good condition. The awards ceremony I attended was held at the hotel's Convention Centre - service was good, food was excellent, facilities were great. The front desk employee was warm and welcoming and even dug up details on my Starwood points so I got some unexpected benefit from my corporate stay! Great hotel, great location, totally recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for lake-front for something really special. Many of my colleagues had rooms with both views of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear LindaCC_10,

Thank you kindly for sharing your great review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and to know that their stays exceeded their expectations.

I am pleased to count you as a fan of the Westin Heavenly Beds :)
I look forward to your next visit.

Edwin Frizzell

Been to The Westin Harbour Castle? Share your experiences!