“Good choice for business in Toronto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Harbour Castle

You added The Westin Harbour Castle to your Saves list
The Westin Harbour Castle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #38 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Philadelphia
“Good choice for business in Toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I fly in and out of the island airport to visit Toronto for work frequently. This hotel is a 5 minute ride from/to the airport. Rooms are a little boring, but almost always very clean and comfortable. Lobby area is welcoming and has the good Westin smell. Restaurant has a good breakfast, have never tried dinner.

The lake views can be fun when the weather is nice. Not a place to stay if you want to walk around downtown Toronto, as it is a bit cutoff by hghways. For a good clean business stay if you are okay with cabbing it to restauarants and stores, this is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
EdwinFrizzell, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear DWtravelsalot,

Thank you for staying with us during your many business trips to Toronto. It is always a pleasure to welcome you.
I thank you for taking the time to share your review and I am pleased that you noticed our white tea scent in all common areas.

I wish you a Happy New Year and look forward to welcoming you back!
Stay well,
Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
  • Korean first
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I went to my works Christmas Party that was held at the Westin Harbour Castle. The Hotel is outstanding with amazing views of Lake Ontario. The room was very comfortable with a nice guest lounge chair and a very comfy king size bed. Bar fridge and flat screen tv in the room. The food at both the Bar and at the Westin Conference centre was very good. Grey Cup weekend was great as there were a lot of CFL fans at the hotel having a good time.

Room Tip: Get a Lake View in the South Tower it is worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Katian70,

WOW, this is great to hear that you and your wife truly enjoyed your weekend and holiday party was us.
I am glad that you were able to join us during the excitement of the Grey Cup and hope you managed to see Bob Irving broadcasting every evening from our lobby!

I look forward to welcoming you both back soon and wish you a Happy New Year!
Stay well,
Ajax, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, nice rooms, great views. Everything was lovely. With one exception. The lobby bar service is disappointing. Very efficient but not at all friendly. All I'm asking for is a smile, nothing crazy. This is twice now and nothing has changed.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Candace,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review following your stay with us and thank you for your valuable feedback,.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and I apologize for the disappointed service you got at the coffee bar. I will follow-up accordingly with the team and truly hope that you will email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next stay so that I can make sure it is flawless.

Warm regards and Happy New Year!

Barrington, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Back in the day when I was a travel agent in Detroit, I used to book a lot of trips to Toronto. The Harbour Castle was always considered too isolated for tourists, and I still feel that it is. We stayed here for one night on Starwood points and it was fine. The hotel has recently been refurbished - the colors are muted and modern. The walls seem thin though - we could here clearly the people next door and others in the hallways during the night. The lobby area is maze of dreariness. The staff are friendly and helpful though. No concierge was on duty so the guys at the luggage desk were more than happy to help us find our way around town. We had a problem with a very slow sink in our bathroom, which we reported when upon check out, since it didn't really impact our stay, but we thought they would like to know. They took the price of parking off our bill... very nice. If not using starwood points, I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fossettes,

Let me start by wishing you and your loved ones a Happy New Year!

This is disappointing to know that we didn't exceed your expectations during your most recent stay with us.
I thank you for sharing your comments about our location and I am sorry that you did not take advantage of our free shuttle to the Eaton Centre and downtown. We hope that you will be able to stay with us in the summer this year so that you can really enjoy our location right on Lake Ontario and steps away from the ferry to Toronto Islands, the harbourfront centre and much more!

Please kindly email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure that it is flawless.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went to Toronto to see the Bills play at the skydome (Rogers Center) and stayed overnight at the Westin Harbour Castle. The staff were terrific, very attentive and eager to please. I got a beautiful room on a higher floor just as I had requested when making my reservation.The view was of both the water and the city and was spectacular even without paying extra for one of the water view rooms. The room had all the modern amenities, flat screen high def TV, minifridge, coffee maker, internet connections. The bed and bedding were first rate and very luxurious. The room and bathroom was in like-new condition. The pool and fitness center were good sized and very modern. The hotel is about a $15 cab ride from most attractions in the city. I'd highly recommend the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor for the great views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ray,

This is exactly how we hope our guests feel when staying at The Westin Harbour Castle.
Thank you for your kind review and happy new year!
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Kind regards,
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is located a few blocks off the city centre but I think thats nice because its not so crowded. The hotel stay experience was perfect. Exceptional service, clean and state of the art ammenities. The most impressive was the bed/mattress. I think by far this has been the most comfy sleep I have experienced in all of my travels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear brobro888,

I am so glad that you rested well in our famous Westin Heavenly Beds!
I thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay and I look forward to welcoming you again in 2013

Warm regards,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

my girlfriend and I stayed at the Western harbor castle for my birthday. I had a wonderful experience, Even though purchasing from a website i expected to get everything they offered. i didn't get everything the website offered but Juan Carlos made up for it. he was very hospitable and accommodating. Juan made us feel special and appreciated everything was quick and easy. we highly recommend this hotel and had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 231Alejandro_C,

THANK YOU for sharing such a great review and for staying with us for your birthday!
I will make sure that I thank Juan Carlos on your behalf for the great personal service he offered you!
It is always a pleasure to know that our associates make a difference in guests' stays and I will share your great feedback with the team.

Stay well, and I look forward to your next visit - happy new year!

Edwin Frizzell

Been to The Westin Harbour Castle? Share your experiences!