“Why do they need to put so many pillows on the bed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Harbour Castle

Save Saved
You added The Westin Harbour Castle to your Saves list
The Westin Harbour Castle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Harbour Square, Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A6, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Join SPG to save 5% more
Ranked #32 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Rome
“Why do they need to put so many pillows on the bed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I spent two days in the Westin Harbour for a conference. The room and conference facilities were excellent, as was the service. It's right on the lake, so the views are good, depending on the direction your room is facing and the location is convenient for visiting downtown. The bathroom could have used another bar for hanging towels, but that's pretty minor complaint. I can't comment on the price, as the room costs were covered by others.

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room if possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eric A, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear badgertracks,
The Westin Harbour Castle offers excellent meeting space for such events like banquets, galas and conferences and I am pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable.

Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to welcome you back soon
Stay well,

1,929 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Korean first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for a couple days for a convention. I was given a preferred lake view room which was beautiful! The unobstructed view of the lake was stunning. The room was an okay size - comfy bed, clean. There aren't any vending machines around but luckily it's right downtown so a short walk can fix that problem.

Due to it's location, it can be quite pricey but overall, I had a comfy stay here. I would return for right price.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear TC¬_GTA,
Thank you for your review.
We are happy to hear that your stay at The Westin Harbour Castle was comfortable and relaxing. It is what we aspire to accomplish when guests choose our hotel, whether it be for business or leisure, the outcome we want to achieve is the same; stress free.

Hope to see you soon!
Santa Monica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle for business.

As for the hotel, the one big negative was that there are no vending machines anywhere in hotel, nor is there any sort of in-room mini-bar. What this means is that when I arrived late in the evening on my first night, there was no way I could get any sort of drink at all. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel where I could not get a bottle of water or a soda. When I called the front desk, they suggested room service or else I could go outside (in freezing rain) and get a drink down the street.

As for the room, it was average at best. I’m a Starwood Gold preferred member so I expected a room upgrade. When I checked in, they first said that my Gold membership was not on the reservation so that they had no available upgraded room. When I questioned further why that was the case (when my reservation clearly had my SPG number in it), the front desk person then said she found it and that it was in there. She then said there was one upgraded room left – but on a low floor. I took it and I am not sure it was an upgraded room. When I asked later in the week, they said it had a balcony so that made it upgraded. (Of course, it was cold so that was not something I’d never use.) Then, on the first night, there was a huge leak in the bathroom – water leaked from the ceiling all over the sink and floor and all over my toiletries. I called down and they came up and fixed it (never even offered to switch rooms). But when they fixed it, they did not even clean up all the water that was everywhere! So I had to call again and this time they sent up someone to clean.

As for the positives, the bed was comfortable. The double-headed shower was also great. The gym is very good and open 24 hours – it even has a swimming pool to do laps (although I didn’t use it). The conference room facilities also were very nice, as was the food that was served throughout the week.

So overall, I will say that I was disappointed. As a Westin, I expect a certain level of quality and service and I am not sure it was met here. I'm not sure I'd stay here again on my next trip to Toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear seth2930,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointed experience you describe in your review. This is not reflective of the high levels of service we strive to offer our guests.

Rest assured I have personally followed up with our teams so they are aware of our guest's perception and how they can handle things differently in the future. Also, I will make sure to share your feedback on the absence of vending machines at our next director meeting.

I would really like to speak with you and apologize personally and would appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com

Again dear seth2930, thank you for taking the time to send your feedback so we know where we have fallen short in our service delivery.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Been coming here since I was a kid! The hotel has always been amazing even before renovations.

The rooms are always clean and well kept with great water and city views!

The pool is awesome.

Best room service Pizza ever

The hotel is right down town and conveniently located near everything

Downside - sometimes the air conditioners are a bit loud
- After the renovations they removed the grand piano in the lobby
-Spa is expensive but nice

Room Tip: Get a Jr. Suite facing the water and the city. Best of both worlds
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear ChelsDmax,
It is great to hear that after all these years, our guests still come to us for their getaway destination, we appreciate your loyalty and thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am sorry you missed the grand piano – we actually still have it in the hotel and move it depending on how busy the hotel is. We also are very proud to have a pianist entertaining guests in the lobby lounge several evenings every week. I hope you can come back and listen to her playing as she really is amazing!

Be well,
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked this hotel off the net and scored a discounted rate. Very clean, lots and lots of amenities. If you want to your Toronto, excellent location!! The only negative is the initial registration. Very hectic parking situation.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear TheProbst ,
Let me thank you for taking the time to share your great review.
The Westin Harbour Castle has many programs revolving around their amenities, including WestinWORKOUT, swimming pool and whirlpool with beautiful views looking out to Lake Ontario.

I would like to apologize for the parking situation as the hotel can get very busy at times.
Warm regards,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently with work and I really like the hotel. Fast check in, great area, close to transit, Toronto Island ferry, etc. The front desk staff and concierge are great.

I only wish they would spend a little more time monitoring their maids. I have had dirty carpets, and less than perfectly clean bathrooms on several stays. If they had their maids better trained I would have given this property a perfect score.

Beds, TV, internet, restaurant, room service, all are excellent.

Room Tip: Upper floors have less street noise but they are all decent in my experience. Both towers are of eq...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear LongKeel,
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your most recent stay and for being a loyal guest of The Westin Harbour Castle.

I would like to apologize on behalf of our Housekeeping department and will follow-up today with our Director of Rooms to ensure that extra care is given to the condition of the rooms in the future. What you described is not acceptable for our hotel and I would really appreciate if you could email me a phone number I can reach you at at experienceteam@westin.com to discuss the matter further.

Kind regards
Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two nights as part of a business conference. The hotel is located on the waterfront in Toronto overlooking the Islands and the island airport. The rooms were clean but the hotel is very worn. Public washrooms are looking very old. Had food catered and it was fairly good. Valet parking was quite quick considering there were a large number of people leaving after the conference. The sound of toilets flushing all night was a little disruptive. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear tjocCanada,
Thank you for sharing your review and for staying with us during your recent conference.

I have noted what you’ve said about the décor of the hotel and can assure you that I will bring it up in the next monthly meeting in order to serve you better. Thank you for your feedback.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon

Hotel Manager

Been to The Westin Harbour Castle? Share your experiences!