“Perfect!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #64 of 141 hotels in Toronto
Cardiff, Wales
“Perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2006

We stayed at the Sheraton from Aug 18th to 22nd then again from Aug 26th to 28th. The first room we had was on the 30th floor with a queen-sized bed and a terrific view of City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square. The staff knew it was my 50th birthday and sent up a chocolate cake and strawberries (nice touch). The second room we had was on the 19th floor with 2 double beds and again a fantastic view of City Hall.

The staff were very friendly without being pompous and the hotel was in an excellent location (we walked everywhere apart from getting the subway to Yorkville).

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple

2,927 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

First of all let me say that I booked this room through Priceline for $84/night. I booked two rooms and was concerned that we could not get two double beds in one since the other room was to have 3 people. I emailed and called the hotel and was told that I would have to wait until check-in and they would do their best. Their best was adjoining double rooms. Yay, that stress had passed. Our rooms were on the 6th floor of the older building. This is NOT the highrise that they show in the pictures, it is another "tower" in the back. The 6th floor gave us a view of the waterfall garden out back and the city. There is a busy little square out back that had live music playing loudly starting at about 11:00am and going through about 7:00pm and you could hear it very loudly. If you need peace and quiet you may want to look elsewhere. I am sure if we had paid full price we could have gone to the adult tower rather than sitting at the kids table, and perhaps it would have been a little quieter.

I am a very picky person when it comes to my hotels, and when traveling on business, I usually stay at more expensive hotels. Traveling with more people for a longer stay required me to look for cheaper alternatives. That being said, the room was nice, clean and the beds were of course comfortable. The bathroom counter was a bit small but certainly usable. Coffee and tea were replenished every day. Like others said it was great to be able to tell the maids what time you would like your room serviced. The hallways and elevators were clean as well. The steakhouse downstairs "Le Bifteque" (I think) was good and reasonably priced for a steakhouse. The lobby bar Traders serves great drinks and was also reasonably priced. We ate breakfast elsewhere so can't comment on that.

Parking...well, that is an issue. Upon arrival at the hotel, it is a complete cluster and we had to wait for 15 minutes for a valet to take our car. I ended up checking in, taking the luggage upstairs, using the restroom, turning on the tv and laying down on the bed before the car was sucessfully parked. Parking is outrageous, 33CAD/day plus taxes. I saw other parking lots nearby, worth a checking out to save $$.

There is direct access to a shopping area downstairs, but the shops were closed in the early evening when we arrived and I didn't go back the next day. Great location, be careful walking around the area at night, a few blocks over and I would not have been comfortable if my boyfriend wasn't with me. Less than 2 blocks to shopping on Yonge street and many restaurants there, including some fast food (Subway, McDonalds, etc.) Also close to transportation if you don't like to walk.

All in all a good stay and I would recommend this hotel to others. Try Priceline if you wish to save some money and not being in the bigger tower doesn't bother you. The rate via Sheraton's website for the room was $330 CAD and we got it for $84 so you can't beat that!!

• Liked — The price I got! Oh and the location.
  • Disliked — Parking was too pricey and had to wait a long time.
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out the parking across the street.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2006

Myself, my wife and our 12 year old daughter stayed for 3 nights in a room with 2 double beds. We pre-booked through "Purely Canada" about 4 months beforehand and got a rate of about $160CAN per night.

Check-in was quick and easy. The staff at the desk were cheerful and friendly and we found this true of any of the staff we came accross. The room was on the 28th floor, had a stunning view over the City Hall and was spacious enough for the 3 of us to move around in without bumping into eachother.

As most people have commented the beds were very comfortable, although there was very little counter space in the bathroom and the towels were a bit small. We had expected more things like that to be above average seeing as it was a 4/5 star hotel.

The pool area was very good although, like the rest of the hotel, the recent refurbishment couldn't hide the fact that it was basically a 60's built concrete building beginning to show its age.

We ate at Traders on the groung floor one night and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We also had breakfast in the 1st floor restaurant one morning, which was nice but pretty expensive.

The big plus about the place is its central location and the access it gives to the PATH system which links it to the main shopping and business areas.

Overall it was a very big hotel which still seemed to operate things quickly and efficently and we enjoyed our stay, although some of the little things were only ok and not up to what you might expect from a 4/5 star hotel.

Stayed August 2006
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Arrived after 8 hr flight at 7pm with kids and the room was not ready to be checked in! No huge fuss just not ready.
We were sent to the club lounge for an hour and a half-a rundown bar with a good view- then the room was way too small -two doubles on the club level-so we waited another hour and paid $60 more per night for a suite.
nobody wanted to sort out the problems with a polite smile. I spoke to a manager who really just wanted me to stop asking questions.We had upgraded to club level for better facilities but it was pointless.The club lounge is tired and messy. We stayed five days and regretted our decision to stay in such a faceless place. Really nothing special at all. would never bother again

• Disliked — service and blandness
  • Tips/Secrets — dont bother
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Berkshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Had the first week of our honeymoon in Toronto and decided to stay at the Sheraton after reading the reviews and glad we did. This hotel is huge! The staff are friendly, food excelent and location out of this world.
We stayed on the 18th floor looking on to the CN Tower. The room was really nice, clean, big, well decorated and yes the beds are awsome! You never have to wait for the elevator. There are 6 on each floor and are fast.
Bell Boys always outside the hotel and will whistle you a taxi in a flash.
If like me, you smoke or you just want to get out of the room for a bit, the gardens in the middle of the hotel are the perfect place. There are plenty of benches in front of the ponds and waterfalls and I found these a relaxing part of my stay. I did on a couple of occasions go for a smoke at the front of the hotel and every time I did, I was hastled by beggers.
The Esculators in the lobby go straight into the PATH system which then leads straight in the Eaton Centre which leads straight to Yonge/Dundas.
Had dinner in Traders which was lovely and room service was brilliant.
Went elswhrere for breakfast, usually in the PATH system or the Eaton Centre. There's about 10 different fast food places in the PATH about 1 minute walk from the lobby including McDonnalds and Pizza Pizza.
Toronto is very very big and busy. Would recommend the yellow tour buses to get your bearings. These buses stop at something like 35 locations and you just jump on and off as you please. We found it very handy and interesting at the same time as the buses have a tour guide giving you facts and stories of the area as you go.
Restaurants get busy also, pre booking at most restaurants is a must. If not, you may be in for a long wait at the bar. We actually found it quite difficult to eat at night. There's a lot of "posh" restaurants and some are out of the busy parts which made my wife and I feel unsafe and uncomfortable. I would recommend the different restaurants within the hotels and the restaurants on the harbour front.
Lots to do here, shopping is great and cheap (same fashions as over here but half the price), Toronto zoo and CN Tower a must!
Toronto Islands are a good day out but beware of "Harry" - some bloke on a bike that will offer to give you directions or take a photo of you and the missus and then ask for 3 cigerettes or $4 for doing it. Quite harmless but gets on your nerves after a couple of times of seeing him.
If you're planning a trip to Toronto and you want to be in the centre of it all, want value for money and want something a bit special, stay at the Sheraton Centre.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for high floor for fantastic views
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Beach, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Was thoroughly impressed with our stay. Service was quick and friendly. Room was modern, clean and comfortable. Had a great view of the skyline and CN tower. Located in the best part of town (though we found the City to be somewhat dull and run down). Had a great pool area (1/2 indoor 1/2 outdoor with a hot tub). And we got a rock bottom price through Hotwire. I wasn't too excited abouit spending $28 bucks/night for manditory valet parking, but the service was great and this is typical of big city hotels. Would have been satisfied with our stay even at full rack rate. Would stay again if in Toronto and recommend it highly.

• Liked — Pool area and comfortable room.
  • Disliked — Valet parking cost.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room with a view of the CN tower.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2006

We got a "discounted" rate of CDN$175/night for being part of a local paddling competition. I'd hate to stay and pay "full prices" since $175 did not seem very discounted to me. The charges for the gym ($5/day) seemed ridiculous too in light of the amount a guest pays per day. Nevertheless, the hotel was very nice, very comfortable and very central.

The wired internet in the room was $16/day I think, but there was free WIFI on the first and second floors. Each night I'd take my laptop down to the lobby to check email. It wouldn't have been ideal if I had a large amount of Internet work to accomplish, but for surfing for restaurants and writing some email it was GREAT. The location of the hotel was superb - across the street from City Hall (great views), half a block from 2 different subway stations, across the street from Eaton [shopping] Centre, linked in directly downstairs to PATH, Le Biftheque restaurant off the lobby had EXCELLENT meat! We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to get within ~20 minutes (St. Lawrence Market, Chinatown, Harbourfront, CN Tower.) The pool was large and has an indoor/outdoor function I assume to allow guests to swim during the winter as well. Trader's Bar off the lobby was nice and fun, but shut down at midnight. Lots of restaurants and bars were just down the street on Queen St. however.

Only complaints other than the prices: our drain was so badly clogged, the tub may as well have had a stopper in it. We didn't complain until we checked out though...perhaps it would have been fixed had we been more vocal. There was no fridge or mini-bar!!! Unbelievable! Not that I like to pay $5 for a soda, but having a fridge to put my water bottle or a snack into has come to be expected.

Beds were very very comfortable. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom and a recycling bin for bottles. Coffee maker. Ice bucket. Full length mirror. Luggage check. I'd stay here again if I could find a cheaper rate...

• Liked — Central location to EVERYTHING in Toronto
  • Disliked — Prices, extra charges in light of prices.
  • Tips/Secrets — Look for a deal - great place to stay!
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!