“Great Location, a bit pricey though.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great Location, a bit pricey though.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2006

While I did get a good deal for this hotel on Hotwire, it's still a rather pricey hotel for what you get.

Located right in the heart of downtown Toronto, I'd definitely recommend it for 'first-timers' who don't want to do a lot of driving, and business travelers with a lot of downtown appointments.

The hotel is huge, with two towers and several restaurants attached to it's ground floor promenade. Check-in and out is a breeze, and the rooms are clean and up to Sheraton standards.

My only real beef was the complete lack of parking for a hotel of it's size. I literally had to bribe the valet to take my car both nights because the lot was full and I didn't feel like driving around trying to find an all night parking lot.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here if you have a car, and you'll have a grand time. It's close to lots of attractions & transit.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

Stayed for 5 nights and can't find much to complain about!

Room was a high standard with a view of the CN tower (and other buidings of course). If you get a room over looking Queen street you get an even better view of government house. Bathroom was good size and the shower was amazing and refreshing after a long flight.

Hotel facilities were good including a food court in the mall underneath that makes eating a bit cheaper. The bar / grill is nice although as pricey as you would expect in a hotel of this quality.

Service was excellent, pool was good and gardens are pretty when you need to chill out away from the city.

Stayed June 2006
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

This was our 1st time in Toronto, and we decided to stay at the Sheraton Centre right on Queen Street. The location of the hotel is great, if your a shopoholic. It's within walking distance of all the boutiques on Queen Street and just a couple steps away from the Eaton Centre (the biggest mall ever). Don't go to the China Town. Its dirty and the stuff they sell is all over-priced dollar store junk. The hotel has a nice lobby, the valet was quick in getting our car, but they charge over $30 a day to park, which was the biggest rip-off! We could find another place to park, so we didn't really have a choice but to park at the hotel. The pool area is cool, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and they have a nice staff at the tourist concierge desk. Overall the hotel is fine, but the city of Toronto....not so much. The people are rude, they don't know where anything is, so good luck asking locals for directions, and if that isn't enough, the locals NEVER say "excuse me." They'll push and shove you, and you'll never hear the words "excuse me." Plus, they have young bums sleeping on busy street corners.........but I guess thats common in large cities.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2006

I stayed her with my husband and daughter for one night, our room was very spacious, had great views and the beds were very comfortable.
We took the shuttle bus from the airport which was great, we were dropped off right outside the hotel entrance.
My only criticism was over the attitude of staff at the hotel pool who were very unhelpful.

Tirana, Albania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

My male companion and I stayed here during Easter weekend. When we arrived we didn't feel like parking the car across the street and opted for the valet. They were very prompt and courteous with their services. The front desk agent quickly checked us in and we were given a room on the 17th floor with a view of City Hall. Ablsoulutely beautiful at night. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. The bar/lounge downstairs offered some good atmosphere when you didn't feel like going out of the hotel. Below the hotel is an underground area of shops and restuarants. Unfortunately they were all closed during our visit.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

First off, this is a nice hotel. It's classic Sheraton with nice (if somewhat sterile) rooms and very comfortable beds. And I got a great rate on Priceline so I shouldn't complain too much, but I did feel that the hotel nickeled and dimed me to death. This is the first time I've ever had to pay for room-to-room calls. Internet access was about $16/day, the highest I've ever paid. And parking was roughly $33/day. I wanted to go to the gym but nobody answered my phone call there and I was afraid to go because I knew it would be an extra charge but I didn't know how much. So, I'd probably stay here again but I'd be careful about every potential charge item.

Stayed July 2006
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2006

This was our 2nd visit to the Sheraton - just happened by luck to get it via Priceline during Holiday times. Our 2nd visit was just as fantastic as our 1st! We had a terrific view of the City Hall Park and fountains. It was during Jazz Fest so the location was just perfect. It was also Canada Day - adding to the excitement around the area.

The pool area is really large and fantastic for a city hotel. Also, the proximity to Eaton Centre and the subway & street car transport is the very best in Toronto. I found the service to be outstanding at check-in / check-out and the concierge desk was extremely helpful in suggesting things and giving directions.

We did not dine in the hotel but were sorry we did not after peeking into the steakhouse - it looked quite cozy. We did enjoy late night drinks in the Traders. It was a really good atmosphere - but typical of any hotel lounge - quite pricey compared to other pubs in the surrounding area.

Our room was a decent size, again - great view ... the bathroom was adequate size but very clean and nice amenities like shampoo, etc. The one thing you can say over and over about the Sheraton though - is oh my - those BEDS!! The Sheraton has the best, most comfy beds I've slept in ever ... and yes, it's so difficult to get up in the morning because they are the most luxurious comfortable beds in the market!

I'd definately welcome another stay at the Sheraton Toronto anytime and hope to be there again very soon.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!