“Great location, nice front desk staff, great pool, lacking attention to details, confusing floor plan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #62 of 140 Hotels in Toronto
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Luckily I had read the reviews and requested a renovated room. It was very nice, with really nice carpet, and tasteful decoration. Great views from the 31st floor. Other positives- very nice attention from front desk, seeming sincerely interested in making it a good stay, including a message from the manager mid week apologizing for noise from construction (which I didn't hear). The swimming pool is wonderful- both an indoor/outdoor pool that I used to swim laps every day. The gym seemed was nice as well. Wonderful location right in the middle of city, convenient to everything.

Why not a 5 rating? First, the room: when trying to find an outlet to use the ironing board, there were no convenient locations to set up the ironing board and iron. I did request room service (they do incentivize the guests not to use housekeeping service) because I was going to be there for 4 nights and wanted to make sure the shampoo, lotion was replaced when I used them up. However, the housekeeping not only did not put away the iron and ironing board (I left them b/c the iron was hot and I wanted to let it cool down), but did not replace the used up lotion or shower gel! I know they would have been more than happy to replace, but I was already undressed and didn't feel like calling the desk.
The room layout was highly confusing for the conference we were at- the mezzanine and 2nd floor levels didn't make sense. The signage wasn't great.
Lastly, the bathrooms in the meeting room areas seemed tired- some of the stalls in women's bathrooms didn't have working hinges. Cleanliness was mixed.

I'd stay here again, but would like to see a bit more attention to some of the details.

Room Tip: ask for renovated room;
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The advantage of the Sheraton is its location downtown. It is close to shopping and to city centre activities. That said, it is definitely showing its age. They apologized for noise that might occur during the daytime because of renovations. When I asked for a room with a bath, I was told that "there would be a bathtub, because my room hadn't been renovated yet." I take that to mean that the renovations will involve removing the bath/shower combinations and replacing them with shower stalls. (I guess people like the YMCA-like experience.) Anyway, the room was certainly not renovated. The carpet was one of those brown industrial mats, complete with stains. The toilet did not work and the handyman had to be summoned to work on it for half-an-hour. The temperature control failed to bring the room to anything like a cool temperature. There were no electrical outlets anywhere near the bed, and only two in total in the living-room / sleeping area. Renovations are badly needed.

The other odd thing is a promotion offering $5 off (or a voucher of some sort) if you decline housekeeping. They are selling it as an ecological option, but usually that means re-using your towels and sheets. I had never come across a situation where you would decline housekeeping entirely in a full-service hotel. There is no ecological advantage for me to pay full downtown hotel rates in order to make my own bed in the morning. I rather suspect that it involves trying to fire housekeeping staff to increase profits. But I am perhaps too cynical. Anyway, I will be staying elsewhere on my next visit to Toronto on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, unless you like to luxuriate in a bathtub.
Green Features: Cost-saving; not environmentally-driven. I would not decline housekeeping services.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stay here a lot. And it's always been reliable. The rooms were fine. Predictable. Which is what I'm looking for.

However, the hotel has done a terrific job with the room renovations. I really like the king-bedded club rooms that have removed the shower/tub combo and now have large glass walk-in showers. (the double-bedded rooms still have a shower/tub combo)

Nothing about the room is the same. Everything has been redone (except moving the walls!) Congratulations on a terrific upgrade, Sheraton. I'm very happy to continue staying here on a regular basis.

The rate I get, the room upgrades, the club lounge...it's a total package now!

Room Tip: book an upgraded club level room
Green Features: I like the "make a green choice" option. I like getting the 500 starpoints, and I certainly don't need new towels every day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I've been at this hotel numerous times over the last decade and it has always been a good hotel to stay at.

My stay today has been no exception. I was put into a renovated guest suite, which probably helped a great deal. The new rooms are beautiful, with large high end TVs, comfortable beds, and a beautiful bathroom with all glass shower. The views are also wonderful, providing scenic panoramas of the CN Tower and newly built-up downtown.

The service here is great and the front desk staff are very friendly.

Only drawback is finding the entrance to the hotel either by foot or car. It's on a corner of two extremely busy streets. Trying to get into the hotel parking by car is a confusing nightmare and I ultimately gave up, opting for the valet (which is pretty pricey).

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was there on business and had the opportunity to visit several different locations thought this hotel. First lets start with the important items - Food! They have several different options from Steakhouse to food court. Being connected to two underground mall systems allows you to grab a quick bite and do some souvenir shopping, a definite plus. On the main level they have two restaurants, BnB & an Irish Pub/Steakhouse we ate several time during our stay at the BnB, from breakfast to dinner and found it to be great. As per the pub well... we drank! Great selection on tap and a good variety of top shelf liquors. Next we visited the gym and pool, both on the same level just steps apart. Gym has several machines so your not waiting for that treadmill! Pool is HUGE indoor/outdoor and heated so be sure to bring you trunks even in the winter. Finally the rooms, some are in the process of being renovated and some are not. Reno rooms are nicely done with fresh bathrooms and décor, the others ... not so much. Once completed I'm sure that they will be up to their high standards. Oh lastly, (Service) one of my colleagues had an issue with a non-functioning AC, he was immediately moved and upgraded to a Suite!! A+++ for the service!

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I try to be a loyal Starwood customer, but nowhere is that loyalty put to the test more so than when I stay at this hotel. Where to begin? The front desk attendant asking me if this was my first visit to the hotel when I have averaged 1-2 visits per year for the last 8 years? Checking into a room on a lower floor hard by the elevator that had been smoked in heavily? The debris from the previous guest on the shower shelf and closet shelf (this seems to be a common occurrence here--I once found a condom wrapper on the closet shelf here. Do the housekeepers ever look up?)?

I appreciate the quick response to changing my room at a very late hour, but some helpful information I would have appreciated was that there is construction going on in an adjacent room, which began at 7:30am after having checked in after 1:00am. I have endured the ridiculously long lines at check-in and check-out, the interminable waits for room service, the shabby environs (even by Sheraton standards) but I can no longer abide by the almost pathological disregard for guest service--let alone for a guest that endeavours to stay here regularly against all logical reckoning.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed one night at the hotel. The check-in process was quick. The location was excellent for shopping but the hotel itself and the room was really dated. The buffet breakfast was acceptable though the choices of food was limited.
If you need to park your car, there's an underground carpark next to the hotel and it was much cheaper than parking in the hotel. Besides, there's an underground route connected to the hotel so you don't need to walk in the cold during winter.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!