“Overpriced and very noisy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #64 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and very noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I arrived on a business trip and had booked a standard room. I was told the hotel was full and was given a suite which I had to pay for(over twice the amount of the cost of the room I wanted) It was dated in design, noisy and unpleasant. The complimentary food in the Club Lounge in no way made up for it, I have stayed in five hotels in Ontario in the past ten days and this was by far the worst.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you experienced noise issues while you were staying with us. We try and ensure that all stays are quiet and relaxing. We were not successful this time unfortunately.

David Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had a stay during TIFF that was a bit of a disaster. While they went out of their way to "fix" towards the end of the stay, that spirit continued with my last stay.

The hotel is currently undergoing some much needed renos. This is almost always a very busy hotel, so expect a wait for valet, check in, check out or just about anything else. The staff are good, the lounge is pretty decent, and the location is ideal.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad we could show you how we can do things here and recover your faith!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in the summer. There was a lot of construction all around the hotel. I am glad that we did not have a car because it would have been a nightmare driving around the hotel. The location is excellent. There are many lovely restaurants within walking distance. Located near public transportaion but we walked everywhere.

I found the staff very accommodating. The rooms were adequate, comfy and clean. As others state, the rooms are a bit dated but nothing so bad that it interfered with my stay. Michael the concierge went above and beyond to help us enjoy restaurants and tours. He even got us tickets for a Blue Jays game which we thoroughly enjoyed even though we are Yankee fans.

We even rented a car and went to Niagara-on-the-Lake one day. Glad we dropped the car off in a non-construction area. We ate breakfast twice in the hotel. It was delicious and the service was great. We also ate lunch on the day we arrived and the food was excellent! There is a lot of convention traffic even on the weekend we were there. The lobby is always crowded and the lines are long for check in and out. I would stay at the Sheraton if I ever went back to Toronto.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and eloborate review. I am glad that we could overcome any issues you experienced with our service!

Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed 5 days for a conference. Rooms were dated, carpet stained, toilet ran constantly and heat did not work. Average room temp at 67F degrees. Constant noise from construction and traffic including subway. BNB cafe in hotel was nice but sevice was subpar at bar - they got 7 out of 10 drinks wrong. How hard is rum and coke?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I will be happy to look into these issues if you could please let my colleague know of your room number. He can be reached at stanton.singh@sheraton.com

David Connor,
Shellharbour
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a coach tour and found the hotel very good even though we were only there 1 night. The room appeared clean and was spacious with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was good but the other half complained that there was no shower cap (a problem we also had with another Sheraton hotel further down the track). The hotel was central to most tourist sites including the CN tower and the sports stadium as well as the Heaton Shopping Centre. What staff we had contact with we're friendly and helpful, one thing we noticed was the charging points for electric cars. The breakfast was excellent and had a plentiful supply of everything.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for not having a shower cap in the room. They are available to guests by calling guest services.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel is older and the rooms and hallway reflect this. Found it to be very clean though. They have an excellent fitness center. I was on the 12th floor and could still hear sirens and garbage trucks occasionally.
I chose to go green for the 4 nights I stayed there and got three five dollar coupons for food in the hotel. You did not get room service and you had to call down when you wanted towels exchanged. First time I had the option and wanted to try it out. Would do it again.

Room Tip: They have over 40 floors and I had friends that were near the elevator and said it got fairly noisy...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thoughful review. We appreciate the kind words and would welcome you back anytime!

Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'm writing this as I'm downstairs waiting for the end of what is likely a false fire alarm. Aside from that, the room resembles that of an old motel room: carpet ripping up, stains on the toilet, and a rickety sound coming from the air unit. The only reason why it gets a star is because the service was pretty decent. I've stayed at the Westin and I will be returning there tomorrow.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry that you had to experience a fire alarm. I wish that this alarm was not necessary. But the safety of our guests is of paramount priority.

David Connor

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!