“Enjoyable holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had an enjoyable weeks holiday here in August. We chose the hotel primarily for the outdoor pool which didn't disappoint. It was a lovely way to end an afternoon with our 7 year old and was never busy at that time. I also found it to be clean unlike some of the other reviewers. It was in a good location for sightseeing. Plenty of places to eat in the vicinity. We ate out each day for breakfast as the hotel restaurant was over priced for what looked to be an average at best buffet breakfast. we can recommend the sunset grill a block or so away. Concierge were usually helpful, one woman in particular. We booked the niagra falls day trip including the maid of the mist from the hotel concierge and were very impressed by the quality of the tour. The room was fine, no complaints there, just what you would expect for a standard room. The only complaint is that checkout took forever. They appeared to be very disorganised which ended our stay on a sour note. Others have mentioned the construction outside of the hotel, but we didn't find this intrusive and it should be noted that construction wasn't just limited to outside the hotel. The whole of Toronto had active construction going on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

David Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband had a STROKE, 13yr daughter husband & l were heading to Toronto for 5 days then on to the USA for 1 month. 2 days after checking into the Sheraton Centre, my just 50yr healthy husband had a stroke.The staff were quick acting calling the ambulance, Danny spent 4 days in ICU then 14 days on the ward before we were allowed to fly home to Australia. Every staff member was so wonderful from Management, security, house keeping, B & B Restaurant staff in the coffee shop EVERY one were so caring, understanding, obliging. They looked after us Physically, mentally, spiritually & financially We send a Huge Heart felt Thankyou to Sheraton Centre Hotel Toronto.

Jeane's Family
Bendigo Vic
Australia

Room Tip: Street Works were happening when we were there perhaps when booking, check if that is still happenin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janelle,

Thank you for letting us know that it all worked out. We can rest easy now. Best wishes to both you and your husband. We look forward to being there for you when you decide to return to us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I don't usually write reviews about anything but my experience with the staff at the Sheraton Centre was pretty bad. Usually I stay at Hilton hotels but I decided to give the Sheraton centre a try because they were supposed to have a nice outdoor pool. I booked a hotel room for my best friends bachelorette weekend back in March for a check in day of August 17. It was a king bed suite with a pool view and it was $345 for the night plus tax, we also requested a roll away bed in the room. I called three times prior to our check in date to make sure everything was still booked according to my reservation and I wouldn't have any problems, I was reassured three times that everything was correct. Finally came the day for our arrival. We checked in with seemingly no problems.... Then we arrived to our room. It was not a suite, there was no rollaway bed and we had a "garden view" which was actually a view of a concrete wall. Like I said I am not usually a complainer but this was for someone else's important weekend and we wanted everything to be perfect. I called the front desk and said not only did I not get anything I booked but the girl at check in didn't say a word just changed the details of my reservation hoping I wouldn't say anything or notice. When the girl looked into my original reservation she said that the room I booked has been under renovations and there is not access to those suites therefore should not have been booked in the first place (why wasn't this noticed the first three times I called to confirm?). I asked what she could do cause this is not suitable. She said nothing they are fully booked, I would have to take the traditional king room. She then offered to take $20 off the rate. So I would still be paying for a suite less $20 but staying in a traditional king room. Pointing this out she still remained unwilling to help our monumental screw up on their end. When I finally pressed and asked to speak to a supervisor she agreed to bring the price down to $180 (the current price for a standard king). So I ended up paying the actual rate for the room and horrible customer service, it was their mistake but I was treated as if it was my fault. After all that I left the room and heard another guest saying they were so happy they had been changed to a better room ( I thought they were fully booked and couldn't change rooms?). Once we finally got to the pool I was disappointed that I couldn't really even go in the water because of the mount of hair clumps getting tangled in your hands and floating band aids. Once we checked out and I was asked how our stay was I calmly said it wasn't very good. She asked why, when I described my experience I was rewarded with the same attitude as before ( it's my fault the reservation was messed up). Safe to say I will not be staying with Sheraton again and will not be giving good praises to anyone who asks.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. I would be happy to have someone speak to you in person to correct the way you were treated. Please email my colleague Stanton Singh (stanton.singh@sheraton.com) if you are willing to discuss your experience.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Standard Sheraton Hotel high quality that you would expect in such an establishment but the staff are very friendly and helpful. This was my first experience of Canada and was impressed by the way they set the public area up to look after their guests. On checking in, the girl at reception was absolutely fantastic. She even sent a bottle of wine and a cheeseboard up to our room, free gratis. We wanted to visit the sights and a member of staff was on a tourist desk in the foyer and organised everything for us. The underground shopping mall with bars and resturants can be accessed from the hotel and during the winter months this would be a bonus.

I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our service so much.

David Connor,
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip, had the conference not been here I would have opted for another hotel.
1. Long line to check in. They were able to check us in a bit early.
2. Arrived in a room that is very tired and in desperate need of updating. Also smelled. Room was stuffy turned on a/c and left for lunch. When we arrived back in the room Still warm and stuffy. Called front desk 40 min later called back and asked to be moved.
The moment I hung up the phone someone was there to look at the a/c. Explained the motor had to be replaced. Another call to the front desk and told them we wanted to be moved ASAP.
Bellman shows up to move us but had no idea what room we need to go to. Had to call front desk again.
Moved to another room. Room service tray sitting outside door. Little better a/c at least works.
Manager calls apologies and lets us use the club level. Very nice of her
Now I sent in a different room at the end of the hall where we hear the door to the stairs open and close every 15 min.
Still at 11:00 pm food service try outside door stinking of breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your series of small issues added up to a large problem and for that I must extend my apologies for your experience.

Calgary, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel was decent, rooms were nice and clean. Biggest pet peeve was the constant long lineups at reception... my room key kept being demagnetized and I had to wait in line 20 minutes to get a new one while constantly being given the spiel about the rewards program.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel was ok nothing special very dear breakfast 28 dollars for the buffet and whatever you do don't park overnight at the hotel it will cost you 60 dollars a night so look elsewhere. car parking valets very grumpy especially if you don't give then the right amount of tip they expect

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you experienced some grumpiness. Our valet team is usually very cheerful.

David Connor

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!