“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #64 of 141 hotels in Toronto
widnes
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

excellent customer service , breakfast , wi fi and club lounge , this hotel was the best i have ever stayed in and would not hesitate in recommending this to anyone this is an excellent hotel if you want a good nights sleep try to get a room away from the elevators

Room Tip: go club lounge worth the extra
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review! We appreciate your visits and we hope you will be back again soon.

2,935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great location...will be better when the construction is completed. Front desk was a little slow but everybody from the valet parking people to the front desk persons to the concierge were all very friendly and helpful.

And getting a beautiful room with an awesome view of the city from the 41st floor made the experience that much nicer.

Will definitely be back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

As an avid traveler, I use Trip advisor often but have never felt the need to write a review, good or bad, until now. I stayed at the Sheraton Centre for one night July 20th, 2013. A 1.4km drive from Rogers Centre turned into close to an hour due to un-warned traffic/road closures including the main entrance to the hotel and then was limited to no access to the hotel itself. After six trips around the block looking for a place to even stop the car to go into the hotel, let alone park, I finally found a back entrance. I was informed that the hotel/conference centre doesn't offer parking to guests. ???? I was shocked but was told I could park at the 4 seasons across the road (major construction zone). After hauling my luggage through the dirt, mud and various 'stuff' that is found when a road is being dug up, I went into a 20 minute wait just to check in. There were plenty of staff members walking around doing what seemed to be nothing as the line built up behind me. I have never seen anything like this before and I do consider myself well travelled.

Once finding the room, the mold in the shower was a bit of a turn off but not enough to complain about there. EVERYTHING was over priced in the hotel. Breakfast for two adults and a 5 year old would have exceeded $90 after taxes for what appeared to be only slightly more then a continental.

The pool area and gym was somewhere but we couldn't find it. No signs, no details in the room (remember the binders that used to be in hotel rooms with hotel info?? - not there)

I stay at the Sharaton when possible, but I will never again stay there when there are so many options in the area at the same price point. The only nice thing about the hotel is how "pretty" the lobby and common area were. Otherwise very very disappointing for a down town Sharaton.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your issues. I am confused though. We still have one of our main motorocourt entrances open so driving around the block would have resulted in you seeing this immediately. We also DO have parking for cars. The only time we will turn guests away is when parking is full. Which seldom happens. Either way, we communicated poorly and delivered even worse. For that I apologize. I hope you will try us again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

All in all I was extraordinary disappointed by my stay at the Sheraton. Check in time is listed as 3PM. We arrived at 4:30 and our room was not ready. We were asked to wait an additional hour. We complied and went for dinner returning at 6:30. The room still was not ready. I complained as was given a $100 credit. We then toured Toronto for 3 hours while they prepared hour room and once again returned at 9:30. The room still was not ready. There were at least 4 other people in the same position all very upset. One had just flown in from England and another was prepping for a Triathlon the next morning. I complained and was compensated with 5 free breakfast buffets. About 20 minutes later my room was ready.
My 4 year old daughter quickly discovered a half empty beer bottle left by the previous tenant and dumped it all over the bed. The beds were terrible, a bag of springs and the hotel rooms in the Richmond Tower are drab and dated. The walls are paper thin and the army of loud drunks pouring on at 4 am resulted in a phone call to the front desk and security being sent up to reign them in. Next vacation I will be avoiding this place like the plague.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

That is unacceptaple and I have sent your review to our Director of Front Office and Housekeeping. Thank you for pointing this out. We will resolve this.

Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

You know those report cards where the teacher is clearly frustrated by seeing lots of potential but little tangible evidence in results? That would be the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel's report card for our stay in mid July 2013! Over a number of years, and several visits, this hotel has been consistent in providing appropriately high-quality service and amenities, and so we have always chosen to stay here when visiting Toronto, but we were sorely disappointed that things did not seem up to standard on this visit.
The basics are still fine: neat and tidy rooms, clean linens, well-maintained fitness centre. However, the little touches are missing, making this hotel 'oh-so-average'. For example, our iron was coated in something sticky which made ironing a white business shirt impossible - we phoned housekeeping for another iron and half an hour later, had to call again, then waited 10 mins after the second call before the iron was delivered. Similarly, a call to reception to enquire about a malfunctioning key card took SIX separate calls with the phone ringing for about 30-40 seconds on each call, before the call was answered. At the prices they are charging, this sort of service is just not good enough.
Then there is the issue of internet in the room costing way too much! There is a very nice complimentary area with computers and printer in the lobby, which I used a couple of times, but on both occasions I was harassed by homeless people asking for food and money when I was using the computer, so I felt caught between a rock and a hard place. Neither option is attractive: expensive, but private, internet in our room or free, but 'nosy-parker' internet in the lobby!
In future, we will probably not choose to stay at this hotel when we visit Toronto. We think we could do better!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had been to the hotel in 2012 and really enjoyed my stay but things seem to have gone south. Room was dusty and tv reception intermittent. Staff are great but the hotel seems a bit overwhelmed with the construction going on in front of it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy yourself as much as you did on your first stay. I hope that you give us another chance to make the next stay an exceptional one.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived about 4 hours ago.....
First, construction in downtown is terrible and thats out of the hotels control but give your guests a heads up! When your address is on Queen Street, maybe there should be someone around that entrance to direct where your actually pulling in.
THEN, when one of your guests comes in contact with a bellhop to ask how to make it to the other entrance for valet on Richmond Street, maybe that bellhop shouldnt tell me to go outside and ask someone else....twice. 'Mam, I SAID go outside and ask valet how to get there.'
When I ended up outside by valet trying to get directions for my family thats driving around, I seemed to seriously be bothering these people standing around doing nothing, NOTHING, outside. I have to admit, I was completely amd totally cool still because I felt like I was on candid camera.
My family finally found there way only to be told Valet was FULL! Which i could have been told before. When we asked for a bell hop or luggage carrier they said there was no one that did that or available. Only after raising our voices a little did the stupid luggage carrier magically appear. after we load up our own luggage carrier someone arrives to cart it, really??? Get lost, I didnt say it but I should have.
BTW, the groups of hoodlums that cut through this hotel without question is out of control. We stepped outside only to get bombarded by a group exiting from cutting through and 'telling' us to give them a cigarette. WHERE IS SECURITY for the SHERATON???
All I can say is WOW, speechless. This is a top downtown Toronto hotel? I have two rooms here for the next two days and if I had a choice I would go elsewhere, unfortunately this was prepaid and now were here. Oh well.

Dear Guest,

I have spoken with our Valet manager. This should not have happend and we will correct this.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Tony Dunn,

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!