“Bedbugs + Unfriendly staff + Hidden Charges” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bedbugs + Unfriendly staff + Hidden Charges”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am a Platinum member of SPG group and this is the worst Sheraton I have ever lived in. There are bedbugs in many of the rooms in hotel. (This includes Club level rooms) Many of the fellow travellers informed management about this but there is no action.

Staff here is extremely rude. They will purposely try to push you to Richmond Tower and keep rooms in Queen tower for high tariff customers.

Since June 2013, they have started $5 service fee for empty cutlery (yes dinner plate & fork)....this is ridiculous !!! Stay away guys...definitely not worth for the humongous rates they charge.

Room Tip: Fight with Front desk people (mostly asians) to cancel the reservation if they dont accomodate you i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would relish the opportunity to discuss this with you. We do not have a record of anyone complaining about bed bugs and we take this issue very seriously. We would very much like the opportunity to get your story in person so that we may take the necessary steps to safeguard our guests. Please email stanton.singh@sheraton.com at your earliest convenience.

Tony Dunn,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I don't want to waste my time writing about this terrible hotel. They ruined our expensive holiday from the UK. You don't get what you ask for - it's all glitter and polish, but there is no service underneath. Beware the evening/night construction noise (until 11.55pm) or the fact that this means the garden is out of bounds. Don't ask for a cot in advance and expect it to be supplied without a 5 hour to-and-fro battle. Don't trust the waitress to pay attention if you tell her you are allergic to nuts - they will still serve you a nut muffin to choke on. Don't leave anything on the dining table - they threw away your baby's food dish and then denied it. Overall, a really upsetting stay. Problems every day were such that they compensated us $100 against our bill. Not much given this only bought us two breakfasts each. This hotel clearly has its priority on the conference facilities it supplies. I wish I had not chosen it for a holiday to see Toronto.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your poor stay. I cannot apologize enough for the treatment you experienced. I have discussed this with our food and beverage leaders and they will address this situation with the servers.

toronto, on canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Girls weekend We stayed at the Sheraton on Jun 07 - 09 2013 great service amazing people everywhere you turned we had problems with our safe called down someone came up in 5 minutes tops and fixed the problem. Got upgraded to club level and had free breakfast and appetizer at night. We could go in the club lounge all day and have specialty coffees. Amazing views of the city. great pool and hot tub. everything was within walking distance. great location. HAD A FAB TIME THANKS SHERATON FOR KEEPING UP THE TRADITION OF GREAT SERVICE

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Business and bus hotel. Groups. Like a thousand I've stayed at in 45 years of travel. A massively congested drop-off area in a dingy portion of downtown. My room was clean but tired. The cooling wouldn't function. Thank goodness that a window would actually open. Major street noise.

But, really, what would we expect? At least it's Canada where the teenagers running in the hallways are quiet by 10, the restaurant staff is polite and attentive, there was a decent coffee-maker and a high standard for cleanliness. I did not find a great restaurant selection in the two-block radium and ended up in the hotel which was just fine.

Room Tip: All the streets are busy. Get away from the elevators. Hope you can control room temp.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that we were just average this time. We do our best to be far beyond average and usually guests rave about our location. I am sorry that you found it less to your liking.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Toronto Sheraton is located a little out of the way. It's a busy hotel, full of lots of groups, conventions, etc.

I had a long delay checking in, and also checking out. Even though there were many staff people around, they did not bother to step in to shorten the line. Nevertheless, I had a very pleasant stay. My room was in the shorter tower, and was decorated in the yellow-grey color that they used to use for computer cases 10 years ago. But the bed was AWESOME - very comfortable. And the room was spacious, clean, and quiet. I liked that you were able to skip housekeeping and get a $5 voucher in return. That voucher went to pay for part of a delicious, fresh caesar salad in the restaurant.

I'm not sure I would stay here again. There are some restaurants within walking distance, but it's not in a perfect location. I think that next time I would choose a hotel in a more vibrant spot. I had a good room rate due to the conference I was attending, but next time, I would check carefully to see if I could get a better rate, and a better location before choosing this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our location. This seems odd as we are the most centrally located hotel in the city. We are right in the heart of the entertainment district and there are hundreds of things going on just outside our doors.

Winnipeg, MB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and the location is great for all activities in downtown Toronto. The hotel is large and the lobby is always busy; lines can be long at check in but they do have a separate area for Starwood Gold and Platinum members. Check in was pleasant and efficient. Rooms are standard - not much in the way of views - with the usual amenities. The scene outside the hotel - under cover - where the taxis, limos and private cars drop off and pick up people is always chaotic. This hotel needs a make over - as other reviewers have noted, it looks tired and I am not sure how clean they can keep it.... this is a pity as the other Starwood property (Westin Harborfront) is not in a great location.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your stay with us was just average. We aim for much better for our guests and your issues will be addressed!

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The property itself is well located, and the facilities (Pool/Restaurants and Gym) are absolutely fine. It seems that Starwood have decided either to give 50% of their staff an unplanned holiday, or they are trying to maximise profits at the expense of customer service.

The queue for cabs, reception etc was nearing 30 minutes each, which is incredible in a modern, supposedly well organised Hotel Operator. I appreciate that there are peaks and Troughs in terms of Capacity but this is the second day on the trot and no managment should get it this wrong.

As I said, cannot fault the hotel itself, but for the service that the operator gives, the costs are a bit high (Yesterday burger and fries $27)??, luke warm when it arrived in the room. I went downstairs to ask for an upgrade to the room as there is a very large and noisy ice machine outside of my room (don't stay in room 768), but the queue was too long to guest services (at least 20 people)

Very Surprised as Starwood normally have a slick operation.

Room Tip: Go Club, and book through your travel agent or 'canadian affair', as they have great deals
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your issues with the line-up. I will address this with our front office team.

Tony Dunn,

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!