“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #62 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Bingley
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We started our 3 week long trip to Canada with a 2 night stay at this hotel. The lovely staff at reception asked if it was our first time at the hotel and we said it was and in fact it was our first time to Canada. At this news they offered us an upgrade to a bigger room on a high floor and gave us complimentary breakfast for our 2 mornings there as well! What a fantastic room with a wonderful view of the city.
The room was spotlessly clean and the bed and pillows were so comfortable it was unbelievable. The complimentary breakfast was also first class. On the top floor overlooking the city. Everything you could wish for.
I also had trouble contacting my cousin who I was ging to visit when I left the hotel, again the wonderful staff at reception were more than helpful and even gave me $30 credit to use on the phone to make sure I made contact with my cousin before I left. Whan it came to check out they informed me that I hadn't used all the credit and had about $7 left and would I like it to get myself a coffee or similar!
A better hotel we could not have stayed in. it was a fantastic start to our trip. I am sure that in the future we will be returning to Canada and I would not even consider any other hotel. I would reccommend it 100%

Room Tip: Ask for a high room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear DancingQueenBingley,

Thank you for sharing such a resoundingly positive review. I will be sure to let our staff know that they made your first visit to Canada such an outstanding one.

Tony Dunn,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The view from the room was fantastic. The room itself was large, and generally pretty nice. The bathroom was very dated. The lobby was fantastic big and beautiful. The courtyard was also very nice. The hotel is very centrally located and connected to the path which was nice. The largest negative was the parking. Valet only, which wasn't the quickest and was VERY expensive at $45 a day. Then again so was the rest of Toronto we found if we got out of car it would cost over $20.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear msturgis524,

Thank you for your review. Toronto, like most large metropolitan cities can get expensive. It is true. However, there are a lot of inexpensive ways to experience the city. If you are able to come visit again, be sure to visit the Tourism Toronto website. They have a lot of fun and inexpensive tourist attraction solutions.

Tring
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

A big disappointment. The good points first. It's brilliantly located and the rooms are a good size and clean. But the hotel is in great need of a refurb. It's beige and gloomy, huge and unfriendly. It took an age to check in. Then up to the bedroom which was OK. A Sheraton. The bathroom was old. Great that the hotel had an outdoor pool and it was hot and sunny but sad that it was unusable because of the constant loud music. When will hotels realise that if you want music you'll bring your own. The outdoor bar was shut as were all restaurant options except one which was basically a burger joint but served breakfast. Not good enough for a four star hotel. The staff were friendly enough in a plastic fashion but the tour desk hadn't a clue!

Wouldn't choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get excellent views of Toronto.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear bandakirkham.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our amenities. Our lobby restaurant, BnB, is getting rave reviews from our guests. Yes it specializes in burgers but it also serves some of the best comfort food in the area. As for our pool, we apologize for the music. It is not usually very loud and our guests have not complained about it until now. I will look into it.

liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I've been at sheraton centre for a conference.
The facilities are very good, with fitness centre, pool and meeting centre.
The room was very big and clean.
The location is great, just in the middle of downtown.
The main lobby is always full of people, but the hotel is so big that it's never a problem.
It is expensive and it is quite disappointing the absence of free internet in the rooms.
Breakfast is great, able to satisfy any taste.
It's not a charming hotel, but it does offer any service a traveller would ask for.

Room Tip: higher floors are bigger
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear benedettauk,

Thank you for your glowing review. We appreciate that you took the time to let other travelers know about your experience with us.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I arrived half asleep ,late on and the staff were so helpful. They let me choose what floor I would like to be on and due to the fact that I had never been their before the kind man upgraded me ,amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I never saw the spa or had breakfast but I did here it was good
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is an excellent hotel, clean, good service and well positioned for all the Toronto theatres, restaurants etc. The renovation of Traders to the new BnB makes a huge difference and the food has really stepped up a notch.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your positive review about our location. We are very proud of it. Being in a great location saves travelers a great deal of money on transportation. That money can be used for much more fun things in this great city of ours.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I spent one night at the Sheraton Centre, on a layover in Toronto. the hotel is a large property in Downtown Toronto.
A long queue had formed, in spite of all 5 or 6 check-in counters being staffed. The wait was approximately 15 to 20 minutes, a wink of an eye compared to what I typically have to endure at passport control. Nevertheless, when it was my turn to check-in, the Sheraton staff made a very nice gesture, and provided me complimentary internet access for my trouble. (Even though paid internet in this day and age is my pet peeve, this gesture took care of both nuisances)
Very spacious room, comfy bed and linens, plenty of towels were all as per expectations. Finally, my personal measure of a 4 star: real hangers in the closet!
The only criticism I could make was regarding the cleanliness of the room: there were some long black hairs remaining here and there, most likely from the previous guest.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have a better view. As an alternative to the rather expensive breakfast, you have th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am happy that you found your stay a pleasurable one. However, I am disappointed that we could not make it a 5 out of 5 star experience for you. I hope that you are able to return and that we can deliver on our service promise even more.

Tony Dunn,

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!