“No more chances” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   123 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2M9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 141 hotels in Toronto
New York City, New York
“No more chances”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

The Sheraton is very conveniently located near my office, so I have given it repeat chances despite similar poor experiences in the past. I have stayed here quite often, book early and always request a non-smoking room away from the elevators. Bottom line is conventions take priority.

During my latest visit, when I checked in (after waiting in a line 50 people deep and being spoken too rudely by the person ushering the guests), I was placed in a room directly beside the elevators where there was a constant thumping noise as the elevators went up and down the shaft. I immediately went back down and asked to be moved to a different room, and was told they were at "negative capacity" (whatever that means) and at this time of night there would be nobody available to clean the room so I couldn't move. Fair enough. I went back down first thing in the morning (after a sleepless night) and was again told there was no rooms available. I returned again that evening and was told that i couldn't expect to be helped at this time of night (even though the person I spoke to in the morning said they marked my file with the request for a room move). They treated me like it was ridiculous for me to even be asking. At midnight, I asked if they could transfer me to their sister hotel (the Westin), at which point they handed me the phone and told me to call them. I could no longer take the noise or the service, and checked out immediately. I will not be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
SheratonCentre, General Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review. Obviously the actions that we took are unacceptable and I will be looking into this with our team here. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

2,937 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

We've stayed here several times over the past decade, but this was the first time we used starwood preferred customer program. This meant a free breakfast buffet and hospitality buffet at 5-8 pm which saved our family of 4 quite a bit! Beds were comfortable, pool and hot tub were awesome, and location is perfect for access to the city!

• Stayed June 2011
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your kind reviews. It really does pay to be an SPG member. It is the best hotel rewards program in the business. I hope that you will continue to stay with us for many more decades to come!

Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

Gym facilities, excellent! Room service, excellent! Location, guest services, cleanliness and privacy, all excellent!
My only concern was that the entire lobby area smelled heavily perfumed. As a scent sensitive person, this riddled me with headaches for our two-night stay. If you suffer from scent sensitivity, I would choose another hotel - the scent was strong no matter what time we were going through the lobby.
For the exercisers out there, the fitness area is well stocked and maintained with high quality fitness equipment and lots of towels available in the gym.
Check out was very convenient and quick; you could review your invoice and check-out on the TV, which we took advantage of to spend less time in the fragrant lobby.
Free internet service (including free printing up to 5 pages - great for boarding passes, etc.) but there was usually a line-up for the desktop computers, so bringing a netbook or laptop would be more convenient.
The information staff were excellent in helping us figure out the best way to get to the City Center Airport - via free shuttle!
Signing up for the free SPG rewards had us upgraded (although we reserved using Hotwire) from 1 double on the 24th floor to 1 queen on the 32nd floor - FREE!

Room Tip: Sign up for the free SPG rewards!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am sorry that you were affected by the scent. Our signature Sheraton scent is hypoallergenic but I can understand, if you are scent sensitive, how you may find it difficult. I have never received a complaint before about it but we value every guest’s feedback. My deepest apologies. Thank you for the rest of your kind review.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Centre in the Richmond Tower for four nights. We payed $100/night using Priceline. The room was well worth this price! The location of the hotel is fantastic. We were within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and the subway. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions. The hotel connects with other nearby locations via an enclosed walkway, which would be very helpful during the cold winters.

Aside from the location, the lobby is also remarkable at this hotel. It is large and offers free wireless internet connection, so was filled with people and their gadgets. There was a nice area with computers and a printer for those traveling without their computer who wanted to check e-mail. The lobby had a beautiful courtyard garden and waterfall. Comfortable chairs surrounded it for those who wanted to view a bit of nature in the heart of the city.

Our room was small, which is to be expected in a large city such as Toronto. In comparison to the lobby area, the hallway to our room looked older, as did some of the details in our room. Although it had been renovated, some areas were unchanged, such as doors and tile in the bathroom. The bed had comfy pillows and a nice duvet and sheets. Our view from the 9th floor was spectacular during the day and in the evening. We could some of the nearby sights as well as the courtyard garden below.

The hotel also has a gym that was open 24 hours. It contained a good variety of well-maintained, modern machines for working out. Towels and cups of water were available. The workout facility overlooks the pool, which is situated within the gardens on the 3rd floor. Access to this area required us to walk through the garden, which felt a bit confusing and may not be ideal during inclement weather. Closer access appeared to be available from other towers, though. The pool is partially indoors, but extends outside into the courtyard. They had at least one lap lane open for those wishing to swim for exercise. Food and drinks were available and a small hot tub/jacuzzi was located nearby. We didn't swim in the pool, but heard that it was heated.

While in the area, we purchased a City Pass. We enjoyed visiting the CN Tower, Casa Loma Castle, Royal Ontario Museum, and the zoo. We chose not to visit the science center, as we heard it more suited toward children. We also took the ferry over to visit Centre Island, which was fun. The Keg restaurant near the hotel was delicious! Using the subway was convenient and much easier than driving/finding parking at the different attractions. Although the hotel offers parking for $45/day, the self-park garage across the street is a better value at only $25/day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your great review. We appreciate you taking the time to write such an informative one. Your feedback will definitely enrich the experiences of many future guests.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

The location of the hotel was ideal, because it was directly located on the PATH underground system. The most glowing part of my stay by far was the customer service of the hotel staff. From the Brian at the Front Desk to the Yayae (I hope I spelled that right) and the Bellmen staff to the cleaning crew. Everyone went out of their way to accommodate me and my family. This was our first family trip with our 1 year old child, and they went out of their way to make our first vacation "with child" as easy as possible. Even though I booked through Hotwire.com, which usually lowers you as a priority in most hotels, they treated us like true VIPs. I travel alot for business and because of Reward Points I usually stay at Hilton hotels, but the Sheraton Centre Toronto has made me rethink my future travel plans.This is the best customer service I have had at any facility. My congratulations to not only the staff but to the management who must set the bar so high.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your kind words! I will pass your review on to our team at reception and ensure that the associates who impressed you are given a nice pat on the back!

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Amazing hotel for the price, we paid the same price for half the hotel in LA and have since paid twice the price for 10% of the hotel in Rome (OK that's normal really). Great check in staff, great management (the manager jumped into the check in queue to help out), great restaurant, great location, great tour desk (thanks Anna). One thing though, would be great to have hotel wide wifi but if you are on holidays wifi isn't a necessity is it?

Room Tip: As always being friendly to the staff helps
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We went to Toronto to celebrate my husbands 60th Birthday ,the Sheratan was a great base in a great location,The staff were professional and pleasant .The rooms were clean well equiped and the beds were lovely and comfortable .I would always recommend anyone to use the Sheratan good value and excellent service ,Thank you

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel? Share your experiences!