- the hotel is just across the road from the brilliant Bata Shoe Musuem and a comfortable walk to the Royal Ontario Musuem and the chic shopping on Bloor St W near Yonge St
- my room was very large and was clean enough
- internet in the lobby is free (though rather slow)
- there are no door-to-door shuttles in Toronto and the fixed route shuttle does not stop in this area - a taxi or towncar costs $57 (before tip)
- the service level is variable - the guy at the front desk on the afternoon I checked in was really friendly and helpful but the guy there in the mornings was rather snooty (at a Holiday Inn??!!)
- there are no 'ready for service' signs for the doors, so housekeeping make lots of noise banging on doors in the morning - however, to the credit of the housekeeping lady, when she saw that I'd complained about that on the comment card she left an apology note and tried to make less noise the next morning
- I recieved a bill for zillions of phone calls that I didn't make, when I complained they were removed but I didn't get an explaination or apolgy!
I paid 151AUD/night including taxes via Expedia (because I wanted the option to cancel, it would have been a fair bit less if I'd taken the no cancellation deal), on balance I think that's about fair but if in Toronto again I'd try somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashionably located in Toronto's upscale Yorkville area, at the historic University of Toronto, our comfortable rooms, professional staff and superb surroundings make our downtown Toronto hotel an ideal choice for business or leisure. Enjoy walking the tree lined streets to the surrounding museums or use the adjacent subway stop (St. George) to whisk you to your business appointment. Our 209 well appointed rooms ensure that you are well rested to start your Toronto adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville Hotel Toronto
- Midtown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Toronto
- Toronto Holiday Inn
- Journeys End Hotel