I booked online through one of those sites where you don't know the name till you lock in price I am glad this was the choice that came up. Hotel itself was not hard to find...although the parking garage was. Initially I paid for a parking spot in a lot on the next street over till we came to the front desk and the steward directed me where to go. We checked in then went to move the vehicle.
Once parking was settled we brought our stuff up to the room and were pleasantly surprised as to the size and cleanliness of the room and bathroom. Bed was comfortable and a queen so it was perfect for two. View was semi decent as we had an upper level floor so that was a plus. Hotel is nicely situated near the ROM and directly across from the BATA Shoe Museum. Walking around feels safe even later at night but cabs are plenty and there is a subway just around the corner if one needs. It is my understanding that the hotel has a contract with the Jewish Center so there is a pool a few blocks east that guests can use if you get a pass. We did not as time was limited.
Nearby there are plenty of places to eat although I might suggest not eating at the pub connected with the hotel. It is not owned by them but service really sucks. Not that the girls aren't nice...just frazzled from being too busy. We stopped in the first night and were not that impressed. Then decided to give it another chance and order room service(they provide the hotel with). Now it was nothing fancy just coffee, cake and sprite. Order came relatively quick...but tray was that of a lunch room cafeteria and was warped, no cream was provided for the coffee and noticed that sprite was not included even though I had ordered it. Called immediately and they did send it up...upon handing it to me was told we were not charged for it on our bill(mind you I made a point to order it). I was so beside myself that I did not have the heart to call back down to ask for cream as the delivery person had made a point to tell me they were real busy that night. I think they need to hire extra help if they are going to be providing room service to guest rooms.
All staff at hotel are nice and very helpful with directions or suggestions of where to eat in the area. Definitely would stay here again....even without those booking sites. I hope someone does something to improve that pub...it's a shame with being just next door that it can't do better for the guests at the Holiday Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville Hotel Toronto
- Midtown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Toronto
- Toronto Holiday Inn
- Journeys End Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashionably located in Toronto's upscale Yorkville area, at the historic University of Toronto, our comfortable rooms, professional staff and superb surroundings make our downtown Toronto hotel an ideal choice for business or leisure. Enjoy walking the tree lined streets to the surrounding museums or use the adjacent subway stop (St. George) to whisk you to your business appointment. Our 209 well appointed rooms ensure that you are well rested to start your Toronto adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.