We stayed here for two nights in October 2012 on a road trip of Canada and USA.
The hotel is located in a good position as far as we were concerned. We walked and rode the metro system to all the places we wanted to see.
We used the discounted hotel car parking which was very convenient.
Reception was helpful and did their best to make us feel welcome, even called the room once we had settled in to ask if all was ok.
There things started to go down hill. Once we left the lift on the 11th floor my heart started to sink. The corridor carpets were tired and stained and this continued on in to our room. This could so easily be remedied if they were to closed a floor at at time and get in contract carpet cleaners. I didn't want to even walk around in my socks!
The room itself was small and cramped with old furniture, a very old TV which was blurred housed in what looked to me like an old wartime wardrobe!! The bathroom whilst clean and well lit smelt which we later found was a leak from the cracked drain under the basin. There was a bucket under the drain to catch the water. A cheerful maintenance man came to inspect it a couple of times during our stay and tried to patch it up! It was broken and should just have been replaced.
We returned to the room on several occasions to find the lights had been left on indicating someone had been in. I know they needed to service the room but with no room safes we felt the rooms were insecure.
Breakfast was the usual offering of frozen omelettes and sausage patties, but be aware that there is not a lot of seating and if you time it wrong when a coach trip arrives it gets very cramped.
All in The staff were fine, but the total lack of investment shows. This could be such a lovely place to stay if only they were to give it a make over. Until then I would not want to stop here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hotel Toronto
- Holiday Inn Express Toronto
- Holiday Inn Toronto
- Toronto Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart in Our Hotel in Toronto, Ontario You'll enjoy an ideal location at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel - Downtown Toronto. Our hotel's location is near Pearson International Airport (YYZ), Toronto Island Airport (YTZ), Toronto Union Train Station and the underground shopping/walking paths, which makes it easy to navigate Toronto.Lodging here puts you in close proximity to famous attractions like the Hockey Hall of Fame and Distillery Historic District. Toronto is also home to Eastern Canada's largest shopping mall, Eaton Centre, which is within walking distance of the hotel.Toronto, Ontario's government buildings, the QueenÂ¿s Park and Provincial Parliament are nearby, as well as First Canadian Place, BCE Place, Sears, Ryerson University, Saint Michael's Hospital and other businesses in downtown Toronto. Our hotel's amenities include a 24-hour Business Service to help you complete your work.Unlike other hotels in Toronto, our hotel offers multiple complimentary services: a hot breakfast bar, high-speed Internet access in every room, a daily newspaper and local calls. Each room is outfitted with a triple-sheeted bed, a cable TV, a work area with two phones and a bathroom with specially designed amenities. Our downtown Toronto hotel's staff looks forward to serving you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.