“Nice Hotel for Family Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

You added Park Hyatt Toronto to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Toronto
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario M5R 2E8, Canada (The Annex)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Ashburn, Virginia
“Nice Hotel for Family Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

While this Park Hyatt does not compare to some other Park Hyatt Hotel I have stayed at it is an extremely nice hotel and a great value for a Park Hyatt property.

Staff was friendly, service was very good, location is very nice! Rooms are very nice lacking posh feel you might find in Milan and Paris but still very nice.

Traveled with 2 small kids and enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Park Hyatt Toronto is in a great location, very sleek and clean. We loved everything about this property (though be aware this seems to be an older property than PH Chicago or PH Buenos AIres) - our only caveat was the concierge were kind of clueless, very unlike Park Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Park Hyatt in Toronto"s Yorkville area. I had previously stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel across the street. The price at the Park Hyatt was much less and the hotel was equal in amenities and rooms. The Park Hyatt hotel was updated and the rooms were nice.
Outside the door we could walk to the Royal Ontario Museum or stroll on Bloor street, a sophisticated shopping area with high end retailers like Chanel Guccci Cartier etc...The restaurant in the hotel served a nice breakfast though pricey. There are other places to go nearby by that are more reasonable. You can walk to the best restaurants. There is an movie theater nearby that has wonderful foreign films. I would return to the Park Hyatt again. Good value, good location, pleasant ammenties.....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Lahaina, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Aloha,
I must say that being in the hotel business, I have the opportunity to stay in many wonderful locations. The Park Hyatt was a step above. The service was wonderful at all times (valet, bell, concierge, front desk, F&B staff, housekeeping, etc.). Even though the hotel was a full occupancy the entire staff had a helpful smile and genuine interest in me as a guest.

The rooms were wonderful, comfortable, relaxing and yet able to get work done. The showers were great for a bigger/taller persson such as myself. The shoeshine is a very nice touch and needed while on the road.

Mahalo to all the wonderful staff at the Park Hyatt!!
John

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This hotel is near a subway stop and what I am told is the nicest part of the city. I have been here for a couple of days now and one big plus is that the Royal Ontario Museum is right next door as is a great musical instrument store and a lot of nice restaurants. They have a bar at the top of the south tower that has a great view of the city. They have a free car service but I think it's only available in the evenings. There is a spa but no pool. The rooms are big...decent but not immaculate. My room hada a hold in the wall- it is between the size of a nickel and a quarter- not all the way through but I point it out in that the place could maybe use some touch ups. The food was really good for breakfast room service. Their orange juice is excellent- hand squeezed.

Wireless high speed internet is free here which is nice. Small gift shop. Good concierge service but they were overworked. The beds were ok but the mattresses a little firm for my liking- not quite as bad as Hilton though. Not sure what is up with hotels taking your sheets away. Except for the first night I have only had a comforter. Hilton seems to do this in Europe too and I am not sure why. Also they only left a breakfast room service door knob menu on the first night which is common at hotels it seems like.

Overall decent. Try to get a good deal... not the St. Regis but not bad either.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

My girlfriend and I travel and stay in hotels a fair bit. We have sampled some great hotels and some pretty bad ones. The Hyatt Park hotel in Toronto surpassed our expectations. We arrived on Saturday afternoon for a 1 night stay. Our purpose in Toronto was a shopping trip to Yorkville. We pull up and are greeted by the very friendly valet who had our luggage out and carted towards the front desk before I knew what happened. My vehicle disappeared as we were ushered inside. The front desk clerk (cannot remember her name - wish I had! She was awesome), was polite and friendly. We were efficiently checked in and whisked into the elevator by the luggage handler who on our ride up to the 10th floor informed us of all the "going on's" in Toronto. Advising us on a number of restaurants and bars/clubs close by that might be of interest to us. Again, super friendly and none imposing what so ever. Our room was bright and clean. The view was exceptional. Minutes into our room the concierge calls and asks if we would like to make a reservation at a couple of choice restaurants we had been discussing with the bellhop. It being Saturday night and assuming that we would not be able to get in anywhere I took up his offer when he stated he would "take care of it". Within minutes we had a reservation. We were offered a ride to the restaurant in the Hotel car which was waiting for us right outside the main entrance. This is just an example of how the staff took care of us both Saturday and Sunday. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel and its incredible staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My travel companion and I arrived late at night, hoping to make the best out of an involuntary overnight stay in Toronto following a delayed transatlantic flight with missed connections and several rebookings on a complex itinerary. Looking forward to immersing ourselves in a pleasurable Park Hyatt experience, we were greeted rather brusquely at check-in. When presenting my GP Platinum card, the check-in clerk curtly lectured me that my details were already in their system and demanded to be handed my credit card instead (rather than politely asking for it) - not quite the expected status recognition!

Room was similarly sub-par. No evidence of Hyatt's "best available room within category booked"-policy for Platinum members: We were assigned a 2nd floor room with awful "views" (and sounds) of the adjacent ventilation shafts, despite my preference for high floors (which was also in their system). This is a large property and it was certainly not busy at the time of our stay; nor were we booked on some heavily discounted rate or indeed the lowest room category.

Our room was spotless and fairly large, which was a plus. Decor felt more nineties than timeless. Wall sockets were inconveniently located for laptop use. Closet door was broken, bathroom door did not lock. Water pressure was insufficient. I did enjoy the (non-complimentary) jar of chocolate-coated almonds.

We could (and should) have asked to be moved, but arriving tired late at night we did not bother; and in any case ought not to have been put in such a position in the first place.

Only by chance did we learn of the complimentary shuttle service, shortly before departure. When we tried to use it after check-out, we were told that it was not available at that time of day. Had we been informed about this at check-in, we might have been able to time our check-out differently, or otherwise make use of the shuttle during our stay.

It did feel like a potentially excellent hotel. Had we encountered a friendlier welcome and a different room, we would certainly have enjoyed our stay. Being treated as we were, we did not.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Park Hyatt Toronto? Share your experiences!