“All in all very nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

You added Park Hyatt Toronto to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Toronto
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario M5R 2E8, Canada (The Annex)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #18 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“All in all very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent location, close to lots of shopping with great food in the hotel, and lovely room. I enjoyed my stay very much. Staff were attentive and helpful. Would highly recommend for shopping, special weekend with partner or girls weekend away.

Room Tip: High up gives spectacular city views. Corner suite has lots of room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and the amenities of the area. When your travels or shopping brings you back to the area, we look forward to once again welcoming you to our hotel.

Best Regards,
Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Park Hyatt many times and I have had excellent service for the last few times I have stayed there, and the General Manager Paul Verciglio has always said hello sometime during my visits. The hotel has a very good bar on the 18th floor and a very good restaurant and the rooms are clean and a reasonable size for a city hotel (I prefer the rooms in North Tower). It also has a decent gym and a very good spa. Internet access is wireless and quite fast. It was free in my case but not sure if this is because of my Gold Passport status.

Room Tip: I like the North Tower rooms
Dear Mr. Huddart,

It is always our pleasure to welcome you to your home away from home.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Mr. Verciglio and our entire team. I have noted your preferred tower and when your travels bring you back to Yorkville, as always it will be our pleasure to once again welcome you home.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warmly,
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good:
-great location, right in the heart of Yorkville, walking distance to the ROM and many up-scale stores
-free wi-fi, and it's fast and reliable, unlike Fairmount (read my other review)

Bad:
-horrible service. when my taxi pulled up at the hotel, no one came and offered to help me with my luggage, perhaps i was not arriving in a porsche or lamborghini
-the staff are in general snobby, just like it's clientele
-not enough staff at the front desk - i checked in around 9pm and there was only one staff working, i have to wait for 10 minutes before i can check in
-the food at the conference i attended was not something i would expect from a 5 star hotel in Yorkville. they taste bad and are not hot enough
-the sensor lighting for the closet drove me crazy. it's keeps on turning on and off while i was hanging my clothes
-no free coffee / coffee machine in room

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am very disturbed that your experience at our hotel was not a pleasant one and that you did not feel welcome during your stay with us. Please know that the details noted are not reflective of an authentic Park Hyatt experience and I would like to use this opportunity to apologise that your stay was less than pleasant.

It is always our hope that our guests feel welcome and comfortable while with us. That you felt neither is something we take quite seriously. When your schedule allows would you mind if we connected to further discuss your experience?

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and once again please accept our apologies the way we made you feel.

Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at several different hotels in Toronto in the past few years but this will be hotel I booked when I come back to visit Toronto again.

Check-in / check-out process was quick and snappy. The staff in the hotel are very courteous, from the door man, receptionists, concierge, bell boy, cleaners and the waitresses - their services is ranked pretty high up my list of top hotels.

Unusually, we have had to order our breakfast but there were many choices and the quality was really good - it was a pleasure to eat and relax in the restaurant before our busy days of shopping and site seeing. The close proximity of the hotel to the many shops means we could go back and relax in the hotel after a busy morning of shopping before going out for "round 2" of shopping or site seeing !!

The Royal Ontario Museum is literally next door. Eaton centre and CN tower is about 10 or 15 minutes drive from the hotel.

There are many restaurants close by but I would recommend Mortons Steakhouse just around the corner from the hotel

Room Tip: Valet parking is quite expensive - suggest use the car park opposite the hotel at $18 a day
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a top notch hotel that tries to be so and succeeds. Located in a fairly central location in downtown Toronto, the surrounding area for the business traveller is easy to negotiate and has a good selection of restaurants, shopping and the like.

From the greeting by the doormen, to the good day wishes from virtually everyone, to simple checkin the experience is welcoming and friendly without being artificial. There was a minor problem with my reservation that was rectified within minutes, with a smile.

Room amenities are exceptional. Adequate lighting and lighting control, Ridiculously comfortable bed with high quality linens. Wonderful bath area with luxuriously hot water, terrific bathroom staples (soap, shampoo, etc) , great towels. Every aspect of the room was sparkling clean and I had the chance to speak with my housekeeper who was passionate about what she does and how long she has been doing it (over 20 years). A joy. Internet access is simple with a single daily login, decent speed for uploads. No, and I do mean no, in room coffee so you will need to order it in....sigh.

The restaurant was well appointed, and food quality really good although not cheap. Even a breakfast entree was over 17 dollars, but the quality was appropriate. Service again exceptional.

On the 18th floor of one of the towers was a cozy dark and moody bar that is one happening place. Be warned however that this place, while fantastic, is VERY expensive. A colleague ordered a single champagne cocktail and it was 27 dollars! No kidding. Drinks are well over 10 dollars for the most part and a glass of wine 15 dollars at least. But, a hot spot, busy and popular, so apparently Torontonians are not bothered.

Conference and meeting facilities were excellent, really good equipment, outstanding catering.

All in all a definite yes for business purposes across the board, and as a romantic place to stay, I would give it a yes as well I am sure.

Room Tip: Be sure to indicate non smoking. This hotel still has smoking rooms!
Fremantle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful art deco style hotel in uptown Toronto. Close to shops, restaurants and parks. Yorkville is walking distance - very fashionable! If you're going to stay upmarket (i.e. expenses paid) in Toronto I'd highly recommend this Hyatt. Big beautiful rooms, very friendly and professional staff.
Great little roof top bar with city and lake views.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed a few nights in the Park Hyatt hotel in Toronto recently, and had a very enjoyable stay. Clean and big rooms, god A/C, really good bed. I found it a bit annoying that breakfast wasnt buffet but only a la carte, but well. Only negative thing to say.

would go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Hyatt Toronto? Share your experiences!