“Good but I`ve experienced a small problem” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Toronto Centre

Save Saved
You added Novotel Toronto Centre to your Saves list
Novotel Toronto Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 The Esplanade, Toronto, Ontario M5E 1W2, Canada (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20%OFF + room upgrade
Ranked #47 of 142 hotels in Toronto
Brasilia, DF
“Good but I`ve experienced a small problem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I`ve spent 3 nights in the Novotel Toronto centre in december 2012. This was my second time in the hotel. I`ve returned because I really liked it`s installations and confort. I really recomend this hotel but a smal problem occurred to me. I`ve had a reservation in ``pay-upon-booking``way but at the end of my stay they`ve recharged my credit card. Hotel staffs were not very kind but Accor Brazil and USA centers solved my problem. I believe that it was an acciental problem that was solved by Accord central. I advise all tourists to allways check credit card facture, to keep all receipts and to immediatly contact Accor staffs in case of any problem.
By the way hotel localization and facilities are perfect, cleaning and confort are really good too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute and appreciated the fast checkin. The room was well appointed which I find is consistent with other Novotels I have stayed in. As I did not have a laptop I appreciated that there was a desktop computer in the lobby which i utilized. As others have pointed out it has an excellent location within walking distance to subway/metro, restaurants, theatre, Hockey Hall of Fame

I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I agree with the comments about the street noise and the Hotel being a little dated, however the rooms are a good size, the breakfast buffet really good value and lots of choice plus I found the staff to be extremely helpful (we stayed here once in December and once in January). As I pre-paid for the accommodation I can't remember what we paid. My assumption is that this Hotel will be a little cheaper than others, so if you can get a good deal I recommend staying here. I didn't think the dinner food was great but it is reasonable value.

Room Tip: Lower room numbers on each floor should have less street noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip. Previous reviewer really captured my comments down to the streetside noise. Location is good, free parking is helpful, hotel needs a facelift, staff were fine but i didnt need much, food was ok and buffet breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

There are several upsides to this property. Location is great, close to subway, Eaton Center, St. Lawrence Market. There are about six bars or pubs on the opposite side of the street. Parking has in and out privileges which is rare and helpful if you're traveling around town. Bed was super comfortable. Downsides - property is dated and needs a refresh. Lobby is not attractive, room looks tired, TV is small and old. We were on the street side and heard some noise from the bar lineups. Stay away from that side or ask for a higher floor. We got a very good price at hotels.com - with the discount it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor not on street side near bars
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Room was very clean and spacious. Large bathroom, comfy beds, great location!
Once we parked our car, we didn't get back in it until we were headed home. There are lots of places within walking distance & the subway.
Friendly, helpful staff. Delicious breakfast buffet. Kids loved the pool on the 8th floor.
The only thing I did not like was the 'mini bar & water bottles'. If you pick something up...you've bought it. Our kids, thankfully, did not rush in the room & grab the water bottles that are sitting on the counter. The mini fridge is stocked, but it is not for you to use for your own items.
We would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Colombia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We are currently at the hotel and I couldn't wait to write my review, we got a good deal, but unfortunately not a good service so far. From the arrival, we were disapointed. The automatic door was shutted down, it is freezing cold outside and we were with a little child and 3 big suitcases and nobody seemed to care how difficult was to open doors and get luggage in, the answer from the girl at the front desk was that it was that the door was shutted down, that was it. Then my husband in another moment asked her how deep the pool was, then she answered that she didn't know and if we want to find out we could go to the 8th flloor to find out ourselves.
Don't get me wrong, he hotel location is good, the rooms are good, the pool is good but I still don't understand why is so difficult to have a courteous service, they are getting payed anyways. I guess is the hotel management fault to hire the wrong people, because it was not only at the front desk, it was at the restaurant with the waitress at breakfast, is like they are not happy to serve or to work for other people.
If a hotel has everything to be not good but excellent why not to go the extra mile?

So if you don't care about service and you need to stay in downtown for a good deal this is your place. What I can say this is our first and last one here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Novotel Toronto Centre? Share your experiences!