“A great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni King Edward Hotel

You added The Omni King Edward Hotel to your Saves list
The Omni King Edward Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 King Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1E9, Canada (Formerly Le Meridien King Edward) (Downtown Toronto)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
72 Hour Sale! 25% Off!
Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Toronto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Williamstown, Canada
“A great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My stay was amazing. Room, hotel, staff 5* Clearly one of the best hotel experiences i have had in downtown Toronto. I work in tourism/front line and I certainly will not have any difficulty recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
ontario canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Truly lavish and the staff were attentive to our needs. Beautiful rooms with most comfortable beds and linens. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the King Eddy and looking forward to a return stay. Really I can't say enough about the staff they went over and above our expectations.

• Stayed March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We managed to get rooms at an excellent rate through Expedia. The newly renovated room was like a junior suite and was great. The only issues were the delay in getting the car from the valet as everyone checks out around the same time and the smokers at the front entrance.

Toronto, ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel was beautiful - a mix of old world charm and new amenities. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was huge and very modern! The staff was excellent and we were able to get a significant earlier check in. The only downside was that our room (1110) backed onto an elevator bank and every time the elevator was used it sounded like someone was powerwashing our room window. The other drawback was a false fire alarm at 2:30 am and there wasn't much communication from the staff as to what was happening. Overall though a good, clean hotel and would return.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was there on a business trip in Toronto. Over the years, I developed different habits when travelling to Toronto. For a while, I would choose Delta Chelsea (no longer exists), and for the last couple of years, I privileged the Royal York because I was confident in the service of the Fairmont brand.This time, I tried something new for a change, and it was actually a very good choice. The Omni had some of the old charms I like in hotels, but with strong modern elements in the rooms. I felt very comfortable there.

1-Check-In
Was a late check-in 1-2 AM. My only way to contact the Hotel was through the website's automatic messaging system to tell them it would be a late check-in. I thought they would never receive it. They did. I was impressed.

Jake, who was there at the reception that night realized I speak French and presented all the hotel's option/my room check-in in a flawless French. An exceptional level of service in my opinion.

2-Check-out
Smooth and easy

3- Room service
I ordered a meal at 2 AM. Was delivered rapidly and was decent. The same for my breakfast the next morning

4- The room
The Superior room was modern, spacious and comfortable. If space is important for you. This is a 1-0 for Omni versus the Fairmont Royal York.

5- Location
Ideal. Downtown and not far from the train station. Subway station just a couple of meters away.

6-Gym
Well equipped, clean. On my top 5 of this year's hotel gym's

7- Lavazza café below. Nice coffee. Good for sandwiches etc.

8- The hotel bar, the Consort, had a great ambiance. Excellent service. But... beer and drink just a little more expensive than what I like to pay for. Just a little...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The King Eddie was undergoing massive renovations when we were there, which probably contributed to the great price. There was an unfortunate false fire alarm at 2:30 a.m. one night. We would have appreciated it if staff had explained to everyone what was going on. Beds very comfy but a nasty smell coming out of the bathroom drain. Still, we would probably stay there again, when the renovations are complete. Great location, friendly staff.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As soon as you pull up to the hotel you are treated like a queen! Very polite, knowledgeable and happy to help. My life is stressful and I know when I arrive I won't have to worry about a thing for the next 48-72 hours. Until next year!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Omni King Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!